• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I Think... (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Often in town, walking away (whilst I agree that it is the manly thing to do) can fire up the other person even more.
Especially if you stick your finger up at them before you do it.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
I think we all know my views on this, but I'm going to say it again anyway.

Something girls have a hard time understanding is a guy's sense of identity and manhood. When he's being challenged, he can't just walk away and lose face like that - maybe if he's alone, but not in front of his friends and everyone else watching him. There's nothing a guy would rather do than walk away, but when he does he feels like shit for it and beats himself up inside for weeks, months even maybe.

It's not simply a matter of walking away, if only it were that easy. Do you really think that we want to fight and possibly bust our knuckles, have our teeth knocked out, get KOed, whatever, than walk away? I do not spar ever without wearing a mouth guard or gloves.. I don't even hit the bags/pads without gloves because it hurts my knuckles too much..

It takes a bigger man to throw the first punch - this is why you often see guys trying to get one another to throw the first punch by openly saying have a go, or pushing them.

All very easy to say 'walk away' when you've never been in that situation before and especially when you don't understand fight dynamics.. when adrenalin is pumping, your body is telling you to fight or flight. Instinct is kicking in here, so posturing, clenching of the fists, increased heart rate and breathing, tunnel vision, etc. kick in and sentences generally get shorter and shorter until eventually one syllable words like eh, fuck, cunt, or grunting leading up to just before when the first strike is thrown.

A lot of people are out of the fight before they even know they're in it. The person who strikes first is usually the guy who wins - I've seen it happen before.. my mate who had 7 years experience in martial arts copped a pissy uppercut to the mouth right off the bat which split his lip open pouring blood out, required stitches to fix it.

It's only physical damage, it heals with time.. it's a lot less worse than the emotional and psychological damage that comes from walking away from a fight. Even if you take your beating, you can hold your head high and know that you're a man. The reality is that most guys don't know how to fight anyway and they will both go all out and gas within 30 seconds or so and just give up. They'll then walk away with respect for each other and probably won't have another confrontation again, they'll have respect for each other.

Girls, on the other hand.. they will go around bitching behind each other's back, backstabbing wherever possible and trying to make them social outcasts. It's quite amusing to watch some of you girls bitching amongst each other :p

winicat

HSC
you really thought about that a lot, didn't you?

baker182

HSC
Cyph said:

Something girls have a hard time understanding is a guy's sense of identity and manhood. When he's being challenged, he can't just walk away and lose face like that - maybe if he's alone, but not in front of his friends and everyone else watching him. There's nothing a guy would rather do than walk away, but when he does he feels like shit for it and beats himself up inside for weeks, months even maybe.

It's not simply a matter of walking away, if only it were that easy. Do you really think that we want to fight and possibly bust our knuckles, have our teeth knocked out, get KOed, whatever, than walk away? I do not spar ever without wearing a mouth guard or gloves.. I don't even hit the bags/pads without gloves because it hurts my knuckles too much..

It takes a bigger man to throw the first punch - this is why you often see guys trying to get one another to throw the first punch by openly saying have a go, or pushing them.

All very easy to say 'walk away' when you've never been in that situation before and especially when you don't understand fight dynamics.. when adrenalin is pumping, your body is telling you to fight or flight. Instinct is kicking in here, so posturing, clenching of the fists, increased heart rate and breathing, tunnel vision, etc. kick in and sentences generally get shorter and shorter until eventually one syllable words like eh, fuck, cunt, or grunting leading up to just before when the first strike is thrown.

A lot of people are out of the fight before they even know they're in it. The person who strikes first is usually the guy who wins - I've seen it happen before.. my mate who had 7 years experience in martial arts copped a pissy uppercut to the mouth right off the bat which split his lip open pouring blood out, required stitches to fix it.

It's only physical damage, it heals with time.. it's a lot less worse than the emotional and psychological damage that comes from walking away from a fight. Even if you take your beating, you can hold your head high and know that you're a man. The reality is that most guys don't know how to fight anyway and they will both go all out and gas within 30 seconds or so and just give up. They'll then walk away with respect for each other and probably won't have another confrontation again, they'll have respect for each other.

Girls, on the other hand.. they will go around bitching behind each other's back, backstabbing wherever possible and trying to make them social outcasts. It's quite amusing to watch some of you girls bitching amongst each other :p
How about people settle their issues with each other in a UFC ring :D http://www.ufc.tv/

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
winicat said:
you really thought about that a lot, didn't you?

I used to struggle with this back in primary school and some of high school. I would smack people, then teachers and adults would tell me it was 'wrong'. Of course, once I stopped listening to what they told me and I smacked people who mouthed off, I got respect and didn't have to smack anyone anymore.

People might think I'm a little crazy, but I don't care. There are too many kids running around with a smart mouth these days because they think that people can't hit them or whatever, a smack in the mouth is the best thing they could get 'cause they'll learn to keep it shut quick smart!

Last edited:

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
baker182 said:
How about people settle their issues with each other in a UFC ring :D http://www.ufc.tv/
Hahaha

Yeah, I'm a huge fan and I plan to have a MMA fight one day. There is a lot of dedication and skill required to do that though.

Are you fan, btw? I download all the latest UFCs and Pride off the 'net!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Cyph said:
There are too many kids running around with a smart mouth these days because they think that people can't hit them or whatever, a smack in the mouth is the best thing they could get 'cause they'll learn to keep it shut quick smart!
You'd make an excellent dictator.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i still think it takes a bigger man to swallow his pride and walk away

because it means that HE DOESNT CARE WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE IN FRONT OF HIS FRIENDS. it means hes preserving his dignity, not lowering himself to the level of a fight, something that ANIMALS do to sort things out. were meant to be the highest beings on this planet. we were given (well some were) intelligence for a reason. sort things out with words, not fists.
i could never ever respect someone who uses their hands before their head. im sorry bon.

anyway this fight will never resolve and will probably just end up in a flaming match between me and cyph so lets drop it now eh?

winicat

HSC
try telling all that to two drunk males, ready to fight :)

and it's mice, dolphins, humans .. duh.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
Cyph said:

i'm the complete opposite to you. firstly i try never to put my self in the situation in the first place, but if it does come to it i wholeheartedly agree with talking shit out before resorting to violence. obviously if it's in self defence it's a different matter, but even then it would take me a lot to start swinging. lol and if it ever does come to that i just run away and get the east end and stocko boys to fight for me

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
winicat said:
and it's mice, dolphins, humans .. duh.
Mice? I thought all they did was have sex. They don't have any teritorial instincts.

winicat

HSC
you not getting the point of the literary reference

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
um.. said:
i'm the complete opposite to you. firstly i try never to put my self in the situation in the first place, but if it does come to it i wholeheartedly agree with talking shit out before resorting to violence. obviously if it's in self defence it's a different matter, but even then it would take me a lot to start swinging. lol and if it ever does come to that i just run away and get the east end and stocko boys to fight for me
haha, stocko boys, niiiice. I used to talk to a few of them on ICQ... I got 'cunt rash' from one them boys :D

I think it all depends on the way you carry yourself. If you carry yourself properly and don't act like a dick, you should be able to avoid such situations so you shouldn't have to worry about it. If you bump a guy and spill his beer, apologise of course.. that's fair enough.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
Cyph said:
haha, stocko boys, niiiice. I used to talk to a few of them on ICQ... I got 'cunt rash' from one them boys :D

I think it all depends on the way you carry yourself. If you carry yourself properly and don't act like a dick, you should be able to avoid such situations so you shouldn't have to worry about it. If you bump a guy and spill his beer, apologise of course.. that's fair enough.
you obviously need to learn how to carry yourself

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
twisted_emily said:
you obviously need to learn how to carry yourself
lol, what the fuck? I don't get into fights when I'm not working. I have no hassles at all when I'm not working.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i thought u said u werent working when u smashed up customs?

and fights when youre working, that should happen even less!! youre carrying a businesses name on your chest, not just your own, and you soil it by lowering youself to a punchup?

*shakes head*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)