HSC
shinji said:
lol. im not sure whether or not that's on purpose. haha
what?
did i spell sumfin wrong agen?
haha
:)

ok. thats enough.
i'll start spelling like that continuously if i'm not careful.

golfpro

HSC
N/A
LOL at this thread, i cant believe this thread has turned to this.

Obviously because i make a grammer mistake :eek: ;) it means im lying.

I got my IQ tested by a professional psychiatrist, it cost 500 bucks.

I agree with the dude who said it doesnt matter how high ur IQ is because u cannot rely on that to get me where i want, u have to work hard wether ur IQ is 85 or 185 to get good results, a high IQ doesnt mean anything if u cant put it to practise.

Dave2007

HSC
If you pay someone 500 bucks, of course they're going to tell you that you have a high IQ.

Same with private investigators: if you pay them enough money they WILL dig up some dirt.

That's how they work: they give you a high score, you brag to your friends, and they all go to sit it to prove you wrong.

Surely, paying $500 for an IQ test shows a low-IQ in and of itself?

Anyway I agree with the basic premise: it sucks having a high IQ and no motivation to study. I find it especially at a selective school where everyone is the same high-IQs but they all seem to be constantly working and seeing tutors while you get easily distracted by everything. But I guess thats life, isnt it?

golfpro

HSC
N/A
Dave2007 said:
If you pay someone 500 bucks, of course they're going to tell you that you have a high IQ.

Same with private investigators: if you pay them enough money they WILL dig up some dirt.

That's how they work: they give you a high score, you brag to your friends, and they all go to sit it to prove you wrong.

Surely, paying $500 for an IQ test shows a low-IQ in and of itself?

Anyway I agree with the basic premise: it sucks having a high IQ and no motivation to study. I find it especially at a selective school where everyone is the same high-IQs but they all seem to be constantly working and seeing tutors while you get easily distracted by everything. But I guess thats life, isnt it?
Yup sure, i pay 500 bucks to get properly and accurately tested and obviously my results are going to be affected because i paid to get it tested.

holy shit, such logic is not comprehendable !

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
golfpro said:
Yup sure, i pay 500 bucks to get properly and accurately tested and obviously my results are going to be affected because i paid to get it tested.

Holy Shit!
I think you've been hit with a few too many golf balls, you're really obnoxious.

If they had given you a bad score you'd probably have complained that it wasnt accurate.

regardless, you got a high score, [whether or not it was accurate is debatable] and i guess it could affect you psychologically.. ie.. you are told you're smart, so you believe you are, and thus achieve...

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
nichhhole said:
I think you've been hit with a few too many golf balls, you're really obnoxious.

If they had given you a bad score you'd probably have complained that it wasnt accurate.

regardless, you got a high score, [whether or not it was accurate is debatable] and i guess it could affect you psychologically.. ie.. you are told you're smart, so you believe you are, and thus achieve...
or ... he is told he is smart, so he becomes complacent and never studies. and phails!

that's kinda what happened to me in business. haha
was an ignorant little boy .. now imma ignorant little man =o

Dave2007

HSC
shinji said:
Placebo is a good band. ^__^
Are you named after shinji ikari? :read:

Anyway, golfpro you completely missed my point about the IQ testing place. They are a business, not at all bound by the any laws or legal points regarding the accurate worldwide standards of application of IQ tests.

They will give you a high-schore, because you paid them alot of money and would be pissed as hell if they didn't. Now they have, you like them and give them good press.

But surely someone with such a blistering IQ and intellectual capacity could simply defuse me by showing me some accreditation of the place, instead of arguing against my assertion with another assertion?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Dave2007 said:
Are you named after shinji ikari? :read:

Anyway, golfpro you completely missed my point about the IQ testing place. They are a business, not at all bound by the any laws or legal points regarding the accurate worldwide standards of application of IQ tests.

They will give you a high-schore, because you paid them alot of money and would be pissed as hell if they didn't. Now they have, you like them and give them good press.

But surely someone with such a blistering IQ and intellectual capacity could simply defuse me by showing me some accreditation of the place, instead of arguing against my assertion with another assertion?
nope. haha

funnily enough .. i 'made' up the name. haha
may have been influenced beforehaand when i was a lil boy and watched Neon Genesis Evangelion ,,, but i was muckin round in my jap class and said "watashi wa shinji desu"

and i've kept it ever since. haha

Evergreen

HSC
if you arent joking about this then you wasted 500 $. seriously what a fucking waste of money. I think you need to get yourself a motivation (ie. what course you wanna do at uni and what UAI). this will make you study and is good for your health.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
Speaking of expenses...

Has anyone been to one of those career assessor type people.
They're around $250 and they go through your interests and abilities and recommend you with a profession..
[kinda like what happened in an episode of the simpsons.. (which was extremely pointless me mentioning as i can;'t remember what happened??)]

I think it would be a worthwhile experience..
it's jsut... i dont want to be told that i'd be perfect at say.. CHILDCARE or... HOSPITALITY... which have low UAIs...as it would serve as an excuse to relax..
ahaha :)

N

noir.

yoakim said:

First of all, I don't think there's room for egoism. Secondly, what I don't understand is how by "rights" you should be a nerd eventhough you have a rediculously high IQ. You have the rights. It's your lack of determination that doesn't get to where you want to be...assuming you desire to be with the 'high' UAI "smart" people range to gain that "smartness" identity, since you implied "nerds" to be a separate race of radical human beings.

That's a great IQ, but that's definitely not the thing that should keep you motivated to do well in school or in life in general. Neither should you depend on it to "get through life" nor should you use it as an excuse for not trying in life. People emphasise too much on IQ - rational thinking - when it actually means nothing when you don't appreciate the other centre most important things in "life". You need to balance your life. Intelligence only actually matters if you've grasped the true range of skills and abilities in life. IQ on its own has no potential whatsoever. You don't need a high IQ to "get through life".

Instead of dreaming, complaining and publicising about your current life and your future tragedies in life, do something about it. In general the 'high' IQ types are usually skilful in the realm of mind, but are also inept in the personal world. If you feel that you're going to grieve over the issue of personal self-control to be a "nerd", then I suggest you be realistic and do something about it. With a 'high' IQ like that, it's expected for you to get that across your 'head'. 'Think' about it. You should be a "pro" at that.
Haha i love this guy

tennille

HSC
To the original poster:

1. Well done on having such a high I.Q. :rolleyes:

2. If you feel like you're wasting your life, that should be enough to motivate you to study.

This thread has no point and has gone completely off-topic. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)