If you will be eligible to vote, who do you intend to vote for? (2 Viewers)

Who are you intending to vote for in the next election?

• Labor

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Liberal/Coalition

Votes: 43 42.6%
  • Greens

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Australian (Katter)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Democrats

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sex Party

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • Other/Independent

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • Liberal Democratic Party

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I honestly cannot see how you can still have so much contempt for it.
by labor's own admission this will have no effect on global temperatures

and yet will have negative economic impacts

hmm gee i wonder why

Annihilist

HSC
by labor's own admission this will have no effect on global temperatures

and yet will have negative economic impacts

hmm gee i wonder why
Obviously. But the entire world is sitting around saying "they're not doing anything so why should we?". Nothing will get done. By taking the initiative we are influencing others into following suit. And if no one else does, we can at least say "well at least we fucking tried".

Lentern

HSC
Obviously. But the entire world is sitting around saying "they're not doing anything so why should we?". Nothing will get done. By taking the initiative we are influencing others into following suit. And if no one else does, we can at least say "well at least we fucking tried".
No, no, no, no!

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
where have they ever said that it will reduce temperatures
This.

If climate change is real and the models are correct (unlikely), then the carbon tax will do sweet FA and have no impact on the environment and climate change. A lot of pain (economic) for little or no gain.

Lentern

HSC
where have they ever said that it will reduce temperatures
They don't talk in such terms, they say it will limit increases in global temperatures which is undeniably true. The scale on which it will limit them though is a matter of debate.

Lentern

HSC
That is not incompatible with what I said. It isn't about reducing anything it's about limiting further increases.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Also this "time period" should be specified. Any changes obviously won't be in any near-immediate effect.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Last edited:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Also this "time period" should be specified. Any changes obviously won't be in any near-immediate effect.
it was 10, 20, and 50 years after the tax is introduced

you know, the time frame when the effects of global warming climate change will be disastorous

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
um lol

Further increases in temperature?

LOL, there's no evidence it will have any effect on temperature as based on models for estimated temperature increase
You said they admitted that it wont have an impact on global temperatures, that is different from saying it wont reduce global temperatures from their current levels.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I don't think it will do anything so I don't support it, but I'm not opposed to the ideas they're trying to instill.
So why are you saying that abortions in this country will somehow slow the growth of the worldwode population??????
I remember when Julia Gillard stated her case on qanda after facing a lot of hate from the public, I thought people would see that she actually had a method to her madness and she had a very reasonable point. I think she stated her case without fiddling around to try and please people, she was very forward about how it was going to work and why she did it, etc. And yet, still the hate. People are so ignorant.

And Bob Brown further explained how it was going to work just this week and I honestly cannot see how you can still have so much contempt for it.
Because neither of those people care about economics.

You said they admitted that it wont have an impact on global temperatures, that is different from saying it wont reduce global temperatures from their current levels.
...those are the same thing Lenty

Annihilist

HSC
Just included the LDP into the poll.

I'm still not sure who I'll be voting for, although it definitely won't be Labor or the Greens (lol). Really starting to look into the policies of the LDP.
Isn't that the same as the Democrats?

Lentern

HSC
...those are the same thing Lenty
You see no distinction between reducing something from it's current standpoint, and limiting the extent to which it increases in the future?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)