If you will be eligible to vote, who do you intend to vote for? (2 Viewers)

Who are you intending to vote for in the next election?

• Labor

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Liberal/Coalition

Votes: 43 42.6%
  • Greens

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Australian (Katter)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Democrats

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sex Party

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • Other/Independent

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • Liberal Democratic Party

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
So why are you saying that abortions in this country will somehow slow the growth of the worldwode population???
Yep.

Because if we didn't have more abortions the population would grow more rapidly.

Think of it like this:
If I have eight cute puppies but I only have food for 6 and I separate them into two groups (A and B), if group A has two puppies and group B has 6 and I give all the food to group A if I kill the members of group A and let group B come and eat their food I have solved their hunger problem.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
You see no distinction between reducing something from it's current standpoint, and limiting the extent to which it increases in the future?
That's not what you wrote. If you wrote that I would have agreed with you.
Yep.

Because if we didn't have more abortions the population would grow more rapidly.

Think of it like this:
If I have eight cute puppies but I only have food for 6 and I separate them into two groups (A and B), if group A has two puppies and group B has 6 and I give all the food to group A if I kill the members of group A and let group B come and eat their food I have solved their hunger problem.
Yes I know how exponential growth and decay works and all that shit but the extremely negligible effect that you admittedly pointed out meant that our contribution is too small to matter.

The same goes for our population so murdering babies here isn't going to have a huge effect on global population

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
The carbon tax won't ruin the economy. It hinders Australian companies although it won't ruin them.

My main problem with it is that it will do sweet FA for this so called climate change if it is indeed even anthropogenic.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes I know how exponential growth and decay works and all that shit but the extremely negligible effect that you admittedly pointed out meant that our contribution is too small to matter. The same goes for our population so murdering babies here isn't going to have a huge effect on global population
but like, i dont think the tax will do anything because i dont think people will cut down on their usage of electricity and shit, I just think they'll complain more. Killing babies isn't persuading the baby to die, it is killing it, but the tax is to try and persuade people to cut down on emissions, not actually cutting down on emissions.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
its almost like australia's carbon tax isn't about single handedly solving anthroprogenic climate change

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
The carbon tax will do nothing. Read Andrew Bolts blog (search those terms on google). Every few days he posts links to reputable, peer reviewed papers on the matter.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
if you define meaningful effect as solving climate change, then no it won't

but that isn't what the carbon tax is about. there are loads of other reasons; transition to a green economy, the symbolic value of taking the first step, the advantages of incumbency should everyone else do this as well, being able to take the high ground in international negotiations, blah blah

whether any of these reasons justify a tax on carbon is a different issue. but it isn't simply about having a 'meaningful effect' on anthropogenic climate change.

i like to think of it as a tax on china

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)