If you will be eligible to vote, who do you intend to vote for? (1 Viewer)

Who are you intending to vote for in the next election?

• Labor

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Liberal/Coalition

Votes: 43 42.6%
  • Greens

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Australian (Katter)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Democrats

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sex Party

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • Other/Independent

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • Liberal Democratic Party

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
is it inevitable that every free market advocate will eventually turn into a white nationalist? please respond
What is wrong about having pride in Australia and out history?

Free markets don't work either as shown from the 2008 - ongoing financial recession, the worst sicne the great depression of 1929 that took the world almost 10 years to recover from. We have only been in this recession (perhaps later coined a depression) for three and a half years - it is going to last for years to come still.

Lentern

HSC
Correlation does not imply causation.
There is plenty of linkage between anti-migrants and free marketeers though, essentially they're both just really really greedy people who got lucky in life and don't want to share stuff.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
There is plenty of linkage between anti-migrants and free marketeers though, essentially they're both just really really greedy people who got lucky in life and don't want to share stuff.
doesn't like his stuff being stolen

"greedy"

Annihilist

HSC
I believe in a free market, so a certain degree. I believe in a business's right to conduct itself however it needs. I am also anti-anti-migrant (for migration). I don't support capitalist greed but I do support a free market to an extent.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
There is nothing fundamentally wrong with immigration. However as Australians we should have a say in what type of immigrants (hard working, predominantly Australian degree equivalent qualified etc) we do want in this country.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
There is nothing fundamentally wrong with immigration. However as Australians we should have a say in what type of immigrants (hard working, predominantly Australian degree equivalent qualified etc) we do want in this country.
if australians had their say, and only wanted gay muslim terrorist hairdressers with AIDS from outerspace, with 9 children all with various mental and physical disabilities, and enormous families they will bring over through family sponsorship, would you think australians having their say would be a good thing?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
if australians had their say, and only wanted gay muslim terrorist hairdressers with AIDS from outerspace, with 9 children all with various mental and physical disabilities, and enormous families they will bring over through family sponsorship, would you think australians having their say would be a good thing?
Yes. If Australians clearly wanted that (obviously most don't) then fair enough.

Somehow I think most Australians don't want that though. Most Australians would have less trouble accepting immigrants from developed western nations that hold similar cultural values to that of Australia.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Yes. If Australians clearly wanted that (obviously most don't) then fair enough.

Somehow I think most Australians don't want that though. Most Australians would have less trouble accepting immigrants from developed western nations that hold similar cultural values to that of Australia.
what similar cultural values?

Annihilist

HSC
Isn't a democracy run by the people, for the people? If the majority of people want something then common sense says when should have it. There are some arguable exceptions (lets way we wanted to endorse pedophilia for example). We can't really do that even if the people wanted to, in my opinion.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Isn't a democracy run by the people, for the people? If the majority of people want something then common sense says when should have it. There are some arguable exceptions (lets way we wanted to endorse pedophilia for example). We can't really do that even if the people wanted to, in my opinion.
This doesn't make sense in terms of subjective morality. Yes, pedophilia is currently wrong, but if we were entrenched in a society that found it morally acceptable, I fail to see how your argue that it is wrong would be correct. Surely morality (in a non-religious sense) is a reflection of the times.

Annihilist

HSC
This doesn't make sense in terms of subjective morality. Yes, pedophilia is currently wrong, but if we were entrenched in a society that found it morally acceptable, I fail to see how your argue that it is wrong would be correct. Surely morality (in a non-religious sense) is a reflection of the times.
Exactly. My belief is that it's wrong though. And I don't think we should be able to endorse something which does great harm to others, which brings us back to the immigration issue. If we disallow migrants just because "the Australians didn't want them" (including asylum seekers) then I think the Australians who voted are selfish and immature and they don't deserve a say.

billy chan

HSC
Can not the "moral question" on pedophilia be disregarded given that it's empirically provable that it is harmful?

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Can not the "moral question" on pedophilia be disregarded given that it's empirically provable that it is harmful?
harm does not disqualify something as a moral question

e.g. consensual cannibalism

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
No, I don't think so. If you go back in history, there are plenty examples of it being considering morally culturally correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)