Illegal Immigrants (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stillthinkin

HSC
Stillthinkin, did you come to Australia as an illegal refugee initially (inferred as you said you spent time in a detention centre)? If so, was this via boat or plane?
I came here on a plane, but we only spent a short amount of time in a detention centre due to the size of my family, there were 7 of us and there was some confusion.

Belalan

HSC
I pointed out earlier that I attend James Ruse so that is little surprise there; I cant say that "some of my best friends are black" because there are no people I am aware of at school who are of African origin. So no I do not believe I am what you would call a "xenophobe"

And you have just failed to defend your own statement above; so I iterate; In such a society how do you plan on preventing corruption and abuse of power?

Belalan

HSC
You may not have heard of it but there's a little thing called democracy...
And at least 16 years of a corrupt labor party running NSW would disagree with you that democracy is an effective countermeasure.

cheese_cheese

HSC
And at least 16 years of a corrupt labor party running NSW would disagree with you that democracy is an effective countermeasure.
Barry O'Farrel is no better than Labor was. In NSW they are as bad as each other. Relevance to this thread though?

Belalan

HSC
Technically there is no box on the census that says refugee and right next to it another with the word dole bludger. Every single immigration case is different and there is no way of predicting whether they will assimilate into society with positive or negative impacts. I'm sure that the government would rather spend the money on a more beneficial cause such as the public education system as opposed to researching the amount of immigrants abusing the welfare system. Like I said before do not disregard the sheer amount of unemployed and irresponsible Australians who also abuse the dole.
I am not discounting them in the slightest; but surely a comparative report would be beneficial and potentially support the case for allowing further numbers of immigrants and/or refugees enter the country?

Also I dont believe it would be too hard to cross reference centerlink payments to those who have migrated recently.

stillthinkin

HSC
I am not discounting them in the slightest; but surely a comparative report would be beneficial and potentially support the case for allowing further numbers of immigrants and/or refugees enter the country?

Also I dont believe it would be too hard to cross reference centerlink payments to those who have migrated recently.
How about you make it your goal to single handedly undertake that research because trust me the rest of the country does not care as they make their judgements based on personal prejudice as opposed to reports.

Belalan

HSC
Barry O'Farrel is no better than Labor was. In NSW they are as bad as each other. Relevance to this thread though?
@cheese
Mrs Thatcher here contested that democracy is a counter to corruption; as you have just demonstrated even in a democratic society corruption is rife. Ergo democracy is not a counter to corruption.

Lentern

HSC
@cheese
Mrs Thatcher here contested that democracy is a counter to corruption; as you have just demonstrated even in a democratic society corruption is rife. Ergo democracy is not a counter to corruption.
Your example is that of a competent, effective government that presided over 16 years of economic growth which included two international financial crisis, that reduced gross debt 7%, that eliminated over a hundred rorter loopholes in tort legislation, that was largely credited for eliminating corruption within the NSW police force and made the biggest investment in road transport in the states history, which was voted out by a record margin in 2011 because of indiscretions of such insignificance they wouldn't have even warranted an enquiry in most member states of the EU. Your thesis is that this proves democracy does not safeguard against corruption?

Belalan

HSC
Your example is that of a competent, effective government that presided over 16 years of economic growth which included two international financial crisis, that reduced gross debt 7%, that eliminated over a hundred rorter loopholes in tort legislation, that was largely credited for eliminating corruption within the NSW police force and made the biggest investment in road transport in the states history, which was voted out by a record margin in 2011 because of indiscretions of such insignificance they wouldn't have even warranted an enquiry in most member states of the EU. Your thesis is that this proves democracy does not safeguard against corruption?
@Mrs Thatcher
I live in Sydney; and lets analyse this.
16 years of economic growth is hardly related to a state government, but lets look at some of their implemented policies.
40% of total in management tax for people who are disabled and claim the state as their ward. (So 40% of the money from insurance companies given to people who suffered from accidents would end up in the state purse, if the injured did not claim the state as their ward the insurance company would proceed to sue [I know a few people who went through that mess])
If they eliminated corruption in the police force why were there two charges of corruption amongst the police not a month ago?
For all the investment in road transport it now takes me longer to get to school that it used to; none of the major upgrades occured in Liberal held seats.
Then there are the tennancy laws which reduced private property to the level of public housing in the eyes of the courts.

I dont see how at least 1,000,000,000 dollars going missing is an insignificant indiscretion.

And Im not even going to comment on the bureaucratic mess that the EU thrives in.
Have a look at it; it elects its own seats to create and implement its own policies what sort of a democracy are you calling that?

Last edited:

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
You're a member of an ethnic minority in a South East asian country; the government of the day doesn't like your ethnicity. You can be forcefully evicted, your land can be confiscated and you aren't considered a full citizen of your country. You're not entitled to a birth certificate or a passport.

You go to Malaysia or Indonesia, but you find the corruption and racism are just as bad and you can't get access to refugee procedures. You manage to get an ID card from UNHCR but corrupt cops take it off you.

You work illegally in Indonesia for a few years, constantly in fear of being put in detention because you're stateless. You manage to save up ~$1000 and get on a boat to Australia.

Where do these people fit in your scheme here?
gonna quote myself because I want a response ^_^

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
because the assumption that persecuted minorities in 3rd world dictatorships all get nicely printed passports to take with them wherever they go is pretty stupid tbh

Belalan

HSC
because the assumption that persecuted minorities in 3rd world dictatorships all get nicely printed passports to take with them wherever they go is pretty stupid tbh
Again I ask; so how did they get to Indonesia without passports, surely they would have been detained on the way?

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Again I ask; so how did they get to Indonesia without passports, surely they would have been detained on the way?
they get on a fishing boat

again the assumption that random islands in indonesia have a nice port where you check in like it's fucking circular quay is retarded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)