Is Andrew Tate a misogynist or here to save us from the matrix? (1 Viewer)

tired___

HSC
Also knowing the fact that men and women are different. I think he also said something abt women being responsible partly in some cases for (r*pe) (r, hereafter) which pissed off the feminist ppl, who say that men should just learn to not do (r), but in the real world uk thats not possible cuz ppl gonna steal and murder and continue to do bad things as the world is not perfect, so he argues that it is in some circumstances also the girls fault if she leaves herself vulnerable e.g. going with a guy she doesn;t know etc.
nah bro wtf do you mean.... in the "real world" you want us to assume that all men are rapists?

also murder and theft happen but its never the victims fault, they're not blamed for being responsible for the crime, so why should women be when they're sexually assaulted (sa)? and if a person is fked up enough to sa someone you think the clothes a girl is going to wear, or if they're in a secluded spot is going to change the attackers mentality...

from my understanding the problem with sa compared to murder and theft is that society lacks in understanding the gravity of the situation (although i do feel like we have gotten somewhat better). see, everyone agrees murder is wrong - you get life sentences for it, but when some people look at sa they say 'he's got his whole future ahead of him we shouldn't penalise him that much', 'it was a silly mistake', 'boys will be boys', this is the attitude that people have surrounding sa, as we keep minimising the weight of their actions our culture normalises it and that's ultimately why its something that still frequently happens, we are still not educated enough and if y'all keep spreading the mentality that its partially the women's fault we are completely fked, and honestly do you know who is educated on sa though, women. they've been taught from when they were 12 on how they should "avoid" being in such situations. so why is it such a foreign idea of sitting down and teaching men not to sa people, yes most of them are not going to become assaulters but if we can create an environment where it isn't acceptable, why the hell should we not, hell, teach it to girls and boys, just teach it! create that environment, why are we so opposed to that, sure maybe it wont stop sa from ever happening (yk in the "real world") but it will do a lot more than continuing to blame women for sa.

i also do understand your point on how there are a lot of people who claim to be woke but in reality are just blindly following and while you're right, you need to understand that there is no moral greyness about sa, it is bad, unlike murder unlike theft there is never a good enough justification for it. u can do all the sarcasm about people taking feminism too far you want, but if you're seriously questioning who's fault sa is... i think you need to take your own advice because in order to call other people out you also need to be critically unpacking the media you're consuming.

and yes i wrote three paragraphs on your two sentences but damn there was a lot to unpack in those sentences.

tired___

HSC
Ok so for the saving us from the matrix part i agree 100% he teachest u how to work hard and stuff, and this aligns with my NGO tutors mentality. (iykyk)
About the misogyny stuff... im not too sure
and just another thing... why does the person that teaches you to work hard have to be so problematic... like this is bit of reach in comparison (i'm extrapolating to show how it sounds on a larger scale lmao) but its like saying "stalin is a great guy he was helped defeat the nazis that's why he's my role model" like.... i assure u there are people who can motivate you to work harder that don't have fked up beliefs.

tired___

HSC
don't think he was blaming women for sa
sure, that may not have been his intention but the way he phrased his point definitely made it sound like he does, he did say "so he argues that it is in some circumstances also the girls fault if she leaves herself vulnerable e.g. going with a guy she doesn;t know" and he justified andrew tate's view saying " which pissed off the feminist ppl, who say that men should just learn to not do (r), but in the real world uk thats not possible cuz ppl gonna steal and murder and continue to do bad things as the world is not perfect"

if thats not what he meant he should change it... because again we need to change the environment surrounding sa it's not morally grey it is wrong and what the women was doing should not matter.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
nah bro wtf do you mean.... in the "real world" you want us to assume that all men are rapists?

also murder and theft happen but its never the victims fault, they're not blamed for being responsible for the crime, so why should women be when they're sexually assaulted (sa)? and if a person is fked up enough to sa someone you think the clothes a girl is going to wear, or if they're in a secluded spot is going to change the attackers mentality...

from my understanding the problem with sa compared to murder and theft is that society lacks in understanding the gravity of the situation (although i do feel like we have gotten somewhat better). see, everyone agrees murder is wrong - you get life sentences for it, but when some people look at sa they say 'he's got his whole future ahead of him we shouldn't penalise him that much', 'it was a silly mistake', 'boys will be boys', this is the attitude that people have surrounding sa, as we keep minimising the weight of their actions our culture normalises it and that's ultimately why its something that still frequently happens, we are still not educated enough and if y'all keep spreading the mentality that its partially the women's fault we are completely fked, and honestly do you know who is educated on sa though, women. they've been taught from when they were 12 on how they should "avoid" being in such situations. so why is it such a foreign idea of sitting down and teaching men not to sa people, yes most of them are not going to become assaulters but if we can create an environment where it isn't acceptable, why the hell should we not, hell, teach it to girls and boys, just teach it! create that environment, why are we so opposed to that, sure maybe it wont stop sa from ever happening (yk in the "real world") but it will do a lot more than continuing to blame women for sa.

i also do understand your point on how there are a lot of people who claim to be woke but in reality are just blindly following and while you're right, you need to understand that there is no moral greyness about sa, it is bad, unlike murder unlike theft there is never a good enough justification for it. u can do all the sarcasm about people taking feminism too far you want, but if you're seriously questioning who's fault sa is... i think you need to take your own advice because in order to call other people out you also need to be critically unpacking the media you're consuming.

and yes i wrote three paragraphs on your two sentences but damn there was a lot to unpack in those sentences.
ug wats r y tryuing to say
i was speaking from a neutral point of view because bc i dont really keep up with this
im just recounting arguments people have from both sides if u read what i wrote so thats what i meant
i didnt put my own perspective into any of that if thats wat ur trying to say

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
sure, that may not have been his intention but the way he phrased his point definitely made it sound like he does, he did say "so he argues that it is in some circumstances also the girls fault if she leaves herself vulnerable e.g. going with a guy she doesn;t know" and he justified andrew tate's view saying " which pissed off the feminist ppl, who say that men should just learn to not do (r), but in the real world uk thats not possible cuz ppl gonna steal and murder and continue to do bad things as the world is not perfect"

if thats not what he meant he should change it... because again we need to change the environment surrounding sa it's not morally grey it is wrong and what the women was doing should not matter.
no u need to learn to read better bc the first quote was my literally just quoting the dude the second quote u mention is what i hear happened from people brh

tired___

HSC
overall andrew tate has a big audience and praising him in any shape or form is fked up. sure you personally may be able to separate his misogynist takes with his real advice because you're older and able to form different opinions from the media you consume, but what you're forgetting is the younger audience that he also has that cannot, just because you can differentiate between his points doesnt mean that younger kids can. unless you're openly criticizing him alongside your praise, he should not be a role model.

Last edited:

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
i was not criticising/praising him
i dont have a ton of knowledge on this area bc i dont have time to keep up with this shi
i just recounted from my own expereince of wat i heard from others
i stated already this is impersonal
anyways have a good day i need to study for trials tnrw ;-;

tired___

HSC
ug wats r y tryuing to say
i was speaking from a neutral point of view because bc i dont really keep up with this
im just recounting arguments people have from both sides if u read what i wrote so thats what i meant
i didnt put my own perspective into any of that if thats wat ur trying to say
cool, great to see that's not the way you think. my response is directly to that quote which i believe is a fked up thing to say, sure its not from you but its from someone and someone else might be thinking the same thing so i wanted to address it, awesome that you're not the target audience for that comment

tired___

HSC
i was not criticising/praising him
i dont have a ton of knowledge on this area bc i dont have time to keep up with this shi
i just recounted from my own expereince of wat i heard from others
i stated already this is impersonal
anyways have a good day i need to study for trials tnrw ;-;
me neither, i dont follow much with andrew tate
but the comment on it being partially a women's fault, was something that i couldnt just read and ignore. (even if it wasnt your opinion)
good luck with trials! (and hsc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)