Is anyone doing 5 units of history? (1 Viewer)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
nope. i was going to but i dropped modern. so for the hsc i am going to be doing 3 units.

* i dont think it would be that challengeing though ( doing 5 units of history?!?!?) because if you didnt you would have to do other subjects like chemistry or ecos. or something.

i think doing 5 history would be helpful actually as you could use the skills learnt ( ie evidence and sources) to help you with the other histories you do

glad you are liking your history ( history freak!) hehe)
*girl04

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
btw, i have friends who are doing 5 units of history. yeah they like it but prefer the ancient to the modern. but that is just them

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
hey i do 5 units of history and am only one in my year that does. i absolutly love history so i think its just the best.

it is a real challenge though because its all based on facts and essays and there are so many dates so i dont really think u could say it is any easier

but when u love it i dont think that matters as much

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by Tenille
3 units year 7 ancient turned me off it forever
:uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh:
haha im doing 3u (modern and ext)....i cannot STAND ancient! argh!

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
really 5 units is a lot, i'm doing 3 units doing ancient history + history extension well my history extension class onyl has 4 people and 2 of them do 5 units of history
well i like history but modern history turns me off with revolutions, wars and modern politics. i seriously cannot stand modern, especially wen i had to do compulsory australian history, it was literally boring 4 me

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
modern history does not touch on australian history at all.

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
yeah i noe that it doesn't touch on that but i dunnoe modern doesn't seem to interest me thats all, i'm only using the yr 9 and 10 on australian history as an example of modern, the only thing i'm really interested in is conspiracy theories and revolutions

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by charmed_cuties
i'm only using the yr 9 and 10 on australian history as an example of modern, the only thing i'm really interested in is conspiracy theories and revolutions
Yr 9 and 10 history isnt a very good indicator of senior modern actually :p

You might not get many conspiracy theories but you do get revolutions :D

SimpaticO

Happy Man
I do five units of history also. But I don't mind it so much because I love it. I'm currently in first place in Ancient, second in Extension, and third in Modern. I thought about dropping a subject but then realised that I just didn't want to leave any of my history courses because I actually enjoy all of my history classes and have a real knack for it so I figured I may as well do five units.

I'm also the only one in my year grade who does five units of history. I just realised that. Everyone else at most does three units besides me

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
I'd die if I did Modern, its just a completely different way of thinking! Plus I am not interested in any 'history' past 1900. That for me is too much like contemporary context.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)