is smoking weed bad? (1 Viewer)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
A little paranoia never hurt anyone...

I would rather the govt legalise weed and make ciggies illegal.

Pixydust*

jezzmo said:
rofl dudes. pot nit bad, kay? lik last nite ma homiez and ma wer chillin in the 'hood smokin bongs and shit and this pig roked up and woz all like atitude and stuf and were like fuk off pigy and ma frend is now lik gota go court and stuf. but it woz real cool coos hes like fuck you piggy and did a line of coke in front of the cop n we all larfed and stuf and the dikhead cop got real agnry. it woz hilaros! i smok pot lik all day and it dont do shit to me. fuk the law ya know? its like all just racial hate n cops who dont know hwo to hav fun n shit.
....you are so misinformed lol. racial hate? what are you on?!!! o wait....

Pixydust*

SashatheMan said:
are contries that legalise weed worse off? does anyone have any statistics or antything?
hmmmi dunno but i learnt in South Australia, decriminalisation of cannabis posession (enough for personal use) has not lead to any real increase in its use/consumption. It think the fact of the matter comes down to it that most of the time, the illegality of the substance is no disincentive to users of drugs like cannabis - sort of like underage drinking. While i personally don't have an issue with people taking illegal substances and stuff i understand and agree with the criminalisation of it - its just a moral and ethical thing i guess.

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
Tuggi3 said:
Drinking alcohol to excess it just as bad..if not worse.
A bunch of stoned, and thus- lazy and lethargic people are likely to do less damge then a bunch of tryhards all hyped up on alcohol...

The government just cracks down on it so hard because they make no profit off it..you can't put tax on something that's illegal.

do you know how fucking paranoid and skitzo people can get while under the influence of pot!? i know this from my own and people i've knowns experiences. I've seen people get the shit beaten outta em cause some stoned wanker has been having delusions that they've been ratted on by em to the cops or whatever. I'd say the societal effects of marijuana are just as bad as those of alcohol.

HSC
Wouldn't touch it myself, too much potential risk for no actual gain. Yes, I'm aware that makes me uninformed seeing as I haven't tried it, and so be it. Don't want it, don't need it, don't care.

I also don't see the point in arguing that alcohol is worse for you aside from in relation to arguing the law, as this doesn't *actually* do anything to demonstrate that pot is good for you, or at least not harmful.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
ah theres always something, first i had to drive your pregnant mother to the hospital so she could give birth to you and now THIS...

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
As i have already said but i think needs to be restated maryj should be legal for medicinal purposes such as ppl with cancer and ppl with eating disorders

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Korn said:
As i have already said but i think needs to be restated maryj should be legal for medicinal purposes such as ppl with cancer and ppl with eating disorders
and for mellowing out

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i find it helps me get up on time for work! seriously, i fall asleep easier, sleep deeper and therefore am more refreshed in the morning.

score one for the green :)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
glycerine said:
i find it helps me get up on time for work! seriously, i fall asleep easier, sleep deeper and therefore am more refreshed in the morning.

score one for the green :)
The only problem is usually if you rely on it like that over time it takes more and more to get the same result... and that is not always good.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
that's why i no longer do it every day, no longer buy any more than $50 at a time and always wait at least 4 days between running out and buying more.

trust me, i've done the reliance thing where i needed to smoke 6 times as much. i've learnt my lesson :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
say what you will but i don't have much respect for people who smoke pot, unless they do it for medical reasons, and even then...hm, not a fan. i have family members who use/used it and it's fucked them all over in various ways. my uncle developed schizophrenia and as far as i know is now in a mental institution in south australia, just as an example. my dad's epileptic and i know he used to use it. i can't prove there's necessarily a connection there, but i know that pot can have side effects of that nature. he only started having seizures a couple of years after.

im not going to tell anyone NOT to use it, but just think about what it might do to you.

HSC
i said detrimental not illegal, dickhead. and i'm sure far more people are arrested over public drunkenness/drink driving etc than over pot.

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
katietheskatie said:
i said detrimental not illegal, dickhead. and i'm sure far more people are arrested over public drunkenness/drink driving etc than over pot.
i wasnt referring to you fuckface, i was answering the thread question.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
say what you will but i don't have much respect for people who smoke pot, unless they do it for medical reasons, and even then...hm, not a fan. i have family members who use/used it and it's fucked them all over in various ways. my uncle developed schizophrenia and as far as i know is now in a mental institution in south australia, just as an example. my dad's epileptic and i know he used to use it. i can't prove there's necessarily a connection there, but i know that pot can have side effects of that nature. he only started having seizures a couple of years after.

im not going to tell anyone NOT to use it, but just think about what it might do to you.
there's also studies to show that marijuana can HELP epilepsy. (for the record, mine started before i ever touched the stuff, i imagine it would be the same for my 9yo sister :rolleyes: ). incidentally, when i was strongly into it, i had my first seizure in about a year after abruptly stopping for a week or so

it's possible there's a connection. it's more probable that there's not a connection seeing as epilepsy is caused by an excess of electrical activity in your brain and weed is not actually a stimulant.

but hey - i'm not going to tell anyone NOT to use alcohol, but just think about what it might do to you. seriously, there are much more PROVEN ill-effects from alcohol... do you say you have little to no respect for people who drink?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
nigga smoke up everyday keep it real peace out

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
glycerine said:
there's also studies to show that marijuana can HELP epilepsy. (for the record, mine started before i ever touched the stuff, i imagine it would be the same for my 9yo sister :rolleyes: ). incidentally, when i was strongly into it, i had my first seizure in about a year after abruptly stopping for a week or so

it's possible there's a connection. it's more probable that there's not a connection seeing as epilepsy is caused by an excess of electrical activity in your brain and weed is not actually a stimulant.

but hey - i'm not going to tell anyone NOT to use alcohol, but just think about what it might do to you. seriously, there are much more PROVEN ill-effects from alcohol... do you say you have little to no respect for people who drink?
look, i see your point, and maybe taking marijuana works for you, that's fine. I was just trying to say that it has varied effects on different individuals, you can't necessarily predict what it's going to do to you, and i honestly can't say i have a whole lot of respect for people who are willing to take that kind of risk with their body just to get high. that's all i'm saying. if it's taken for medical reasons i guess i can accept that but i won't say i'm comfortable with it, because i'm not. i saw it screw up people i care about which is probably why i am so against it. the effects of pot, like i said, are different for everyone - which would explain why it apparently helps your epilepsy whereas it seemed to trigger my dads.

I don't know anyone who has an alcohol addiction so i can't fairly draw a comparison between the two things, but i will say (and i apologise if it sounds flippant) that the body has mechanisms to metabolise alcohol (the liver) and it's possible to get a liver transplant (i know that sounds like i'm trivialising the effects of alcohol; i'm not). but marijuana has irreversible effects on the brain if you take it for extended periods of time. you cannot replace your brain. the effects of the damage it will do are more or less permanent. The body can get rid of alcohol in a matter of hours; THC camps out in your fatty cells and can stay there for weeks. There's also the issue of lung disease - when you smoke a bong you're drawing the smoke deeper into your lungs and holding it there for longer than a normal cigarette which cannot be good for you.
so basically, if you know all this and are still willing to take it just to get high or to look cool, then i think you're a dropkick, okay. if you take it for medicinal purposes i can accept that even if i don't like the idea.
I don't have the same level of disrespect/whatever you want to call it for people who drink because i have never seen it cause the same havoc in someone's life. besides, if you drink responsibly, in moderate amounts and don't go on binges, your health will be fine. your body will metabolise the alcohol, and as long as it doesn't become a habit and an addiction (which i know it can, dont get me wrong) you're okay. Marijuana is a different story and i think i've already explained why. i didnt mean to offend you or anything, it's just my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)