Islam Discussion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
veterandoggy said:
watch you mouth you animal.

sasha, i will give you your reply, and hopefully no more to withoutabrain.

for that chapter,we are reading the verses, so he has set it out so that it is like a conversation with him.

and this chapter is what we say everytime we pray, and since prayer is a conversation with allah, allah responds to us when we say these verses. these are his responses more or less:

1:2 my servant has praised me
1:3 my servant has glorified me
1:4 my servant has exalted me
1:5 not sure, but allah says he will grant his servant whatever he wishes
1:6-7 not sure exactly too, but he says that this is what my servant has asked for, and this is what he will receive.

and if the people in congregational prayer say "ameen" after verse 1:7, and it coincides with an angel's ameen (they pray with us), all their past sins will be forgiven. imo i think that is the closest thing to "believe, and you will be saved"
So he's not only praising himself, but putting words into the mouths of others. How arrogant.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
i was hoping you might tell me. ive lost interest with people such as someone i will not say posting pointless bull.

oh, and i think that hell wouldnt be a proper term to use, since it doesnt exist :p

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
i was hoping you might tell me. ive lost interest with people such as someone i will not say posting pointless bull.
ill tell you instead.

it shows clearly that a person wrote the book intending to advertise god to the people. He/they , wrote the book but ddint proof read it or something, and left gaping holes, that i just exposed.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
So what happened to the whole embryo argument? It seems to have been ignored.

HSC
this debate shouldn't be about whether god really exists, it should be "Criticisms of Islam". Saying that Allah doesn't exist or what ever is irrelevant. Saying that Terrorists are gay, isn't.

Saying that god doesn't exist isn't only an attack on Islam, and should be put into another topic by itself.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
it shows clearly that a person wrote the book intending to advertise god to the people. He/they , wrote the book but ddint proof read it or something, and left gaping holes, that i just exposed.
gaping holes? that is the verse that we read in our prayer, and when we read it it sounds like we are speaking to allah, how is that a gaping hole exactly?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
watch you mouth you animal.

sasha, i will give you your reply, and hopefully no more to withoutabrain.

for that chapter,we are reading the verses, so he has set it out so that it is like a conversation with him.

and this chapter is what we say everytime we pray, and since prayer is a conversation with allah, allah responds to us when we say these verses. these are his responses more or less:

1:2 my servant has praised me
1:3 my servant has glorified me
1:4 my servant has exalted me
1:5 not sure, but allah says he will grant his servant whatever he wishes
1:6-7 not sure exactly too, but he says that this is what my servant has asked for, and this is what he will receive.

and if the people in congregational prayer say "ameen" after verse 1:7, and it coincides with an angel's ameen (they pray with us), all their past sins will be forgiven. imo i think that is the closest thing to "believe, and you will be saved"
where did u get those responses you claim allah uses? i dont see them in the quran. Did you just make them up again , like you did with other stuff?

why would allah include the sentences people say about him, instead of the replies you included. Wouldnt it make more sence if people said something good about allah and then the quran would have the reply to it?

or even better it had both the stuff people must say to allah, and then the reply he would have given you?

my conlcusion is that you made those replies up , once again to try to defend the quran.

and how come the rest of the Quran is not in a conversation form?

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
where did u get those responses you claim allah uses? i dont see them in the quran. Did you just make them up again , like you did with other stuff?

why would allah include the sentences people say about him, instead of the replies you included. Wouldnt it make more sence if people said something good about allah and then the quran would have the reply to it?

or even better it had both the stuff people must say to allah, and then the reply he would have given you?

my conlcusion is that you made those replies up , once again to try to defend the quran.

and how come the rest of the Quran is not in a conversation form?
i give you hadiths, nothing from my mind. i am good with memorising, but not word for word, since i tend to pick out the main points.

there are both sides of conversation in the quran, and besides, the prophet told us what allah says.

how could the history part of it be conversational? it is a text for people to learn from, not a book people go to when they want to open conversation with people.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
well, i have never seen a stoning, thank you for that. before i would have thought thricw before i thought of it, now it wont even think of it.

and if it makes you any calmer, if they had sincerely repented before they got stoned, they will be forgiven, and im not sure, but i think they will enter paradise as well.

the video clip makes stoning sound everyday. it isnt. rarely are there 4 witnesses to an act of adultery, and i may be mistaken, but fromthat camera's view the stones seemed big, and i thought that a few people stoned them and the rest watched? ahhh, i dunno. like i've said, ive never seen a stoning in 18 years of my life, but i always knew adulterers who had been proven guilty got stoned.

and wtf was with the song?!?!?! it was bad enough with the captions below the clip, with the people who made it trying to make the watcher believe what is being shown as to be the life of muslims.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
and if it makes you any calmer, if they had sincerely repented before they got stoned, they will be forgiven, and im not sure, but i think they will enter paradise as well.
wrong, they surely must go to hell for that.

the video clip makes stoning sound everyday. it isnt. rarely are there 4 witnesses to an act of adultery, and i may be mistaken, but fromthat camera's view the stones seemed big, and i thought that a few people stoned them and the rest watched? ahhh, i dunno. like i've said, ive never seen a stoning in 18 years of my life, but i always knew adulterers who had been proven guilty got stoned.
your trying to hide from the reality that islam brigns with it self. stoning, hanging are very common in muslism countries.

and wtf was with the song?!?!?! it was bad enough with the captions below the clip, with the people who made it trying to make the watcher believe what is being shown as to be the life of muslims.
it is , everyone is fearful to commit a homosexual act , or adultery because they can face the same barberic death as those men.

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
SashatheMan said:
wrong, they surely must go to hell for that.
Actually no.

God is the only judge of that, and every chapter of the Quran starts by saying God is forgiving

SashatheMan said:
your trying to hide from the reality that islam brigns with it self. stoning, hanging are very common in muslism countries.
Once again you're wrong, do some proper research

You have zero credibility.

You obviously know nothing about the religion

All you want to do is attack a religion which you know nothing about

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Jordan.J said:
Actually no.

God is the only judge of that, and every chapter of the Quran starts by saying God is forgiving

Once again you're wrong, do some proper research

You have zero credibility.

You obviously know nothing about the religion

All you want to do is attack a religion which you know nothing about
actually i did alot of research and still doing it on regular basis. dont assume i didnt do any research , you obviously dont know anything about me. just proves the hypocrete you are when you assume shit. also it appears you dont know much about islam yourself, all you do is defend allah, and egnore the numerous verses in yuor book of how people will be tortured if they dont listen to allah

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
SashatheMan said:
actually i did alot of research and still doing it on regular basis. dont assume i didnt do any research , you obviously dont know anything about me. just proves the hypocrete you are when you assume shit. also it appears you dont know much about islam yourself, all you do is defend allah, and egnore the numerous verses in yuor book of how people will be tortured if they dont listen to allah
Shhhhhh...!
there there..silence child

go torment another religon
we are quite happy with our one and no matter what you say ..how ever many points you bring up..infact dedicate your life to doing so
write a book
start lectures
etc..i support you
but for now
silence

googooloo

HSC
SashatheMan said:
You did? I don't see any sign of that in what you speak.

As to those who reject Faith, it is the same to them whether thou warn them or do not warn them; they will not believe.
God hath set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing, and on their eyes is a veil; great is the penalty they (incur).
In their hearts is a disease; and Allah has increased their disease: And grievous is the penalty they (incur), because they are false (to themselves).
When it is said to them: "Make not mischief on the earth," they say: "Why, we only Want to make peace!"
Of a surety, they are the ones who make mischief, but they realise (it) not.
When it is said to them: "Believe as the others believe:" They say: "Shall we believe as the fools believe?" Nay, of a surety they are the fools, but they do not know.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
soha said:
Shhhhhh...!
there there..silence child

go torment another religon
we are quite happy with our one and no matter what you say ..how ever many points you bring up..infact dedicate your life to doing so
write a book
start lectures
etc..i support you
but for now
silence
If solid evidence were shown to you that there is no God, would you dump your religion, or would you try and pick holes in it when they don't exist?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
googooloo said:
Show me evidence then?
There is no solid evidence, it's called a hypothetical.

However I can show you that it is more likely that there is no God than that there is one:

Argument 1:

Major premise: Occam's Razor; as assumptions increase, the likelyhood of an argument being correct decreases.

Minor premise: Religion makes more assumptions than atheism (it assumes that God exists, as well as certain characteristics about him).

Conclusion: Hence religion is probably incorrect.

Argument 2:

Major premise 1: Theories with more evidence are more likely correct than those with less evidence.
Major premise 2: Evolution is irreconcilable with the existence of a God (as if he is not the creator, then what is he?).

Minor premise: Evolution has more evidence than creationism.

Conclusion: Hence evolution is more likely correct, and hence it is likely there is no God.

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
withoutaface said:
There is no solid evidence, it's called a hypothetical.

However I can show you that it is more likely that there is no God than that there is one:

Major premise: Occam's Razor; as assumptions increase, the likelyhood of an argument being correct decreases.

Minor premise: Religion makes more assumptions than atheism (it assumes that God exists, as well as certain characteristics about him).

Conclusion: Hence religion is probably incorrect.
who cares anyways man?
why is it so important to guide peopel down the path of "no God"
why cant we just believe in God and follow islam in peace?
as we already are..
why does it botehr you and otehrs so much that we have islamic faith..and i am living my life normally ..just like you live yours
(with the exception of a few minor rules )..im not hurting anyone..im not a terrorist..im not opressed..i dont try and convert people..or brainwash anyone..
and if you think islam is all about war jihad opression etc etc..then so be it..believe what you want
just leave me alone..kthanxbi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)