Israel preparing strike against Iran (1 Viewer)

Zephyrio

HSC
True story.

I once had to do a project on Yitzhak Rabin. Had to do a speech as him, brought the Israeli flag and everything. I go to a school in Bankstown right, and my history teacher pulled me aside and told me not to show it to anyone while I was travelling home.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
That was probably a pretty wise thing to tell you hey. No way would I walk through the inner outer west (er, bankstown and fairfield type thing) with any pro Israel propaganda.

If I walked through Belejew Hill with Palestinian propaganda, I imagine I'd probably be confronted as well.

Sadly, Arabs in Australia are more violent, generally towards everyone, than Jews in Australia. Might be their socio-economic backgrounds or some shit.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Yes I can picture it now.

UN: Ok Arabs. You've been living here for centuries. Jews want to live here now. Please divide your territory into two so the Jews can occupy one half.
Arabs: ...
Jews have the right to occupy Palestine and kick arabs outta their lands because it is given to them by God. Jewish settlement of Israel predates arabs migration and settlement of the area by at least 2000 years. :lol:

Destruction? No. But I do support the eradication, I suppose, of Israel. Long term. See, thing is, trolling aside I'm generally not someone who likes war or violence or whatever, and would prefer to see almost anything in place of violence. If you refuse to acknowledge a country for very good reasons (which have not as of yet been confronted on this forum, and some pro-Israeli members have been so kind as to admit that I'm quite right), then it would be somewhat odd to say that you support its permanent foundation in the land it is occupying. I would like to see Israel gone from the Mid-East and returned to its rightful owners. This will take time. For the time being, a two-state solution is the only way to go.
A two State Solution was rejected by Arabs and instead they decided to kill all jews, they tried 3 times and failed. Israel gained more lands with each war and it has every right to keep the lands seized during the war, those lands were paid for by the bloods of brave Israeli soldiers and they shall never be returned to arabs. Eternal war and violence is more preferable than returning lands to arabs who can go back to Arabia where they belong!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I've decided how to end this problem. I, Nebuchanezzar, have found some old scriptures in a tunnel in my backyard which mysteriously leads to Jerusalem. It reads:

"Jews have no right to occupy the lands known as Palestine before the 1940's"

Well would you look at that! Bye bye!

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Jews have every right to occupy Palestine before 1940 and after 1940, after all it was given to them by God according to the Holy Bible and Quran. Arabs have no rights to be there.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I was thinking past "1880 or so" and to, you know, Moses.
It's not as though the Jews woke up one day and said "Oy! There's some good shtick to be made elsewhere I thinks! We could be very comfortable I knows!". There were centuries of genocide and forced removal, from Babylonians to crusaders to Muslims. Throughout it all they forged perhaps the strongest, most enduring culture the world has seen and it has always revolved around this strip of promised land. When it comes to this story, Islam is the new kid on the block, not the rightful owner.

Both East and West have had a hand in Jewish persecution. We owe them their homeland where they can rule themselves and live in dignity, without the fear of our historical persecution. But it hasnt been a gift. They've fought for a state for hundreds of years. Now that they have it, they've been constantly defending it for the last 60. Why do you think they dont roll over? Why didnt they bail like Americans or other Western powers? They have a link to this land that is so strong that they have been willing to die for it for something like 3 and a half thousand years. It is an enduring, inextinguishable link and you need to shut up and get over it.
Frankly, I believe that the problem is essentially Islam. It's up to you guys to haul yoursleves out of the middle-ages and make a serious commitment to the dignity of human life.

Last edited:

badquinton304

HSC
Iron said:
It's not as though the Jews woke up one day and said "Oy! There's some good shtick to be made elsewhere I thinks! We could be very comfortable I knows!". There were centuries of genocide and forced removal, from Babylonians to crusaders to Muslims. Throughout it all they forged perhaps the strongest, most enduring culture the world has seen and it has always revolved around this strip of promised land. When it comes to this story, Islam is the new kid on the block, not the rightful owner.

Both East and West have had a hand in Jewish persecution. We owe them their homeland where they can rule themselves and live in dignity, without the fear of our historical persecution. But it hasnt been a gift. They've fought for a state for hundreds of years. Now that they have it, they've been constantly defending it for the last 60. Why do you think they dont roll over? Why didnt they bail like Americans or other Western powers? They have a link to this land that is so strong that they have been willing to die for it for something like 3 and a half thousand years. It is an enduring, inextinguishable link and you need to shut up and get over it.
Frankly, I believe that the problem is essentially Islam. It's up to you guys to haul yoursleves out of the middle-ages and make a serious commitment to the dignity of human life.
Agreed.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
Once again, I see through your trolling but I'll bite anyway. Arabs have always lived there yes? Jews have periodically lived there yes? Arabs were the owners of the land before Jews colonised it recently yes? I think there's quite a case to be made for the Arabs.

I do love the way no-one has, nor can they, make a case for Israel currently occupying the lands of Palestine without a) resorting to the bible or b) going back thousands of years to make some bombastic claims. I say that Israel had no right to be created, so in response I get long winded and dubious stories about Moses that are completely irrelevant today. olololol.

Both East and West have had a hand in Jewish persecution. We owe them their homeland where they can rule themselves and live in dignity, without the fear of our historical persecution. But it hasnt been a gift. They've fought for a state for hundreds of years. Now that they have it, they've been constantly defending it for the last 60. Why do you think they dont roll over? Why didnt they bail like Americans or other Western powers? They have a link to this land that is so strong that they have been willing to die for it for something like 3 and a half thousand years. It is an enduring, inextinguishable link and you need to shut up and get over it
This paragraph is rooted in the idea that the Jewish link to Palestine is stronger than the Arab link. I doubt this. I have made my reasoning clear.

In any case, the situation is quite clear:
Prior to 1880, people were living there.
After this, others moved in.
After WWII, the UN said that the others had ownership.
wot?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
What's your definition of an Arab?
A Phillistine too? Perhaps a Greek or Roman or Frank or Briton or Byzantine?

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I find this line of questioning to be a nervous distraction. Are you still maintaining that the land is and always was "Arab", or are you going to offer a definition of why "Arab" ownership over the land crystalized before 1948 into a claim that cannot be disputed by anyone?

This is besides the point that we already agree on: Palestine deserves statehood. You've been oddly reluctant to admit that Israel has a right to exist, but you seem to admit that it's continued existance is a practical reality

hur91

HSC
Just for everyone's information, I have Christian Palestinian friends whose whole families have been massacred by Israeli soldiers...

Both sides have suffered enough.

samdmkidd

HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Jews have the right to occupy Palestine and kick arabs outta their lands because it is given to them by God. Jewish settlement of Israel predates arabs migration and settlement of the area by at least 2000 years. :lol:

So we should kick all non-Native Americans out of America and all non-Aboriginals out of Australia?
An interesting theory, dropkick.

nikolas

HSC
samdmkidd said:
So we should kick all non-Native Americans out of America and all non-Aboriginals out of Australia?
An interesting theory, dropkick.
But native Americans should be able to kick all non native Americans out and all non aboriginals from Australia.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
I find this line of questioning to be a nervous distraction. Are you still maintaining that the land is and always was "Arab", or are you going to offer a definition of why "Arab" ownership over the land crystalized before 1948 into a claim that cannot be disputed by anyone?
The first one plz.

Neither side had crystallised ownership, nor will they ever. But the Arabs certainly had more of a claim to the land since they had been living there for a few hundred years or so.

I, Nebuchanezzar, hereby declare that I will support Jewish ownership of the lands of Palestine after Israel has had rock solid presence there for, say, three centuries.

This is besides the point that we already agree on: Palestine deserves statehood. You've been oddly reluctant to admit that Israel has a right to exist, but you seem to admit that it's continued existance is a practical reality
:santa:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I'm done talking to you Nebz. Your anti-semitism is clearly paper-thin and for the "lulz". You are a clown.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)