• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

It's that time of semester... (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Through the eyes of an Orc: An investigation into auto/biography and World of Warcraft.

Headings:

I loot, therefore I am.
An alt amongst Orcs.
So...do you keyboard or mouse turn?

If only I could find motivation to finish this off.

X

xeuyrawp

GoodToGo said:
So much Tyrone hatin... and all you know about him is through his staff page or google.
Lol. Your inability to keep your pie-hole closed when you have no clue continues to astound me.

I'm kinda worried you somehow think you possess telepathic abilities, because you clearly don't. =/

Will be so much lolling if you end up going to court:

"So, Mr Smith, how can you say that my client is a bad person when you only saw his staff page or google, hmm??"
"Well, actually...."

maka

HSC
G2G...... This isnt a direct reponse to your post but rather my opinion on Frank Carrigan and his view of how law should be taught.

Frank Carrigan is the best lecturer I have come across at Macquarie and his Labour Law class is the class that I have enjoyed the most.

Frank Carrigan is a great lecturer because he stands before the class and tells people how he thinks..... what ideology he holds and the methodology behind that.

The bloke isnt everyones cup of tea. But you have to admire how he can stand up in front of the class and present his own opinions with no fear or favour. He doesnt sit on the fence trying to present neutral legal rules and just regurgitate the obvious.

I dont think the bloke is too far off the mark in what he says either. The bloke has a working class opinion of Labour Law which I subscribe too. Not as left wing but still employee side of industrial relations rather than business side. What is great about Frank is the level of respect people who dont even agree with him hold for him.

We have done a lot on the WRA and the associated Howard and Rudd Govt IR changes, so the bloke in my opinion hasnt skipped anything.

Its a shame that there are not as many Frank Carrigans in the law school who stand before their students and present a view, seek their opinions and stimulate debate on issues beyond the surface level. The bloke is a great thinker and in my opinion is what university is all about.... people taking their views into the course, having these ideas tested and challenged and reformulating your own opinions.

X

xeuyrawp

haha why do you always say 'chill'? I'm lolling at your continued stupidity. :)

RIZAL

HSC
DarrylKerrigan said:
Who.....him??

Prof. Tyrone Carlin
LLB (Hons) (Syd), BCom (UNSW), Grad Dip Fin (ASIA), LLM (Hons) (Syd), MCom (Hons) (UNSW), PhD (Macq), FFin, CA, CPA, MFP

Dean, Division of Law, Macquarie Uni

What a fucking title whore!! :rolleyes: ROFL@ CPA, CA AND FFin (sure you've got enough ??)

Looks like his loaded mummy and daddy wanted to show up their mosman neighbours on whose got the more "educated" offspring :apig:. Like fuck..judging by the picture...he looks like a soft egotistical mummys-boy. Must have spent his whole life building up his CV, cause theres crap-all incentive in acquiring a career outside academia when the best "salary" is just a phonecall away. That or when he inherits the estate :eek:
I have never seen someone cast aspersions in such a terrible manner . These are all serious qualifications and are all worth listing. It's not like he is saying LLB HSC TAFE 7/11. The green eyed monster rears its ugly head.

HSC
well just for kicks my "its that time of semester..." that everything is screwing up on me...i just found out my enrolment to classes just unenrolled themselves absolutely awesome right? -.-;; must be a sign....

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I just had a Maccas post-midnight wakeup snack...yay for 24 hour maccas

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
McFeast Deluxe w/ no Cheese (lactose intolerant you see)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
AsyLum said:
McFeast Deluxe w/ no Cheese (lactose intolerant you see)
I'm lactose intolerant too! I'm not too bad though, I can handle little bits of dairy over the day (to stop people hastling me about calcium) but its heaps better now I use the lactose free milk it tastes a lil weird but not as bad as I imagine soy milk would ick!

Wish they had it at uni though to make hot chocolates :( I have to stick to tea

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
melsc said:
I'm lactose intolerant too! I'm not too bad though, I can handle little bits of dairy over the day (to stop people hastling me about calcium) but its heaps better now I use the lactose free milk it tastes a lil weird but not as bad as I imagine soy milk would ick!

Wish they had it at uni though to make hot chocolates :( I have to stick to tea
God I hate soy milk! I have an extreme dislike for the Devondale packet milk as well...Even full cream is kind of ick, that's why I love Light White! No taste at all!

Back to uni, I was so well disciplined this semester by attending classes and attempting consistent work, however I slackened off at the worst time, the final few weeks, which would be the focus of the finals. Utter stupidity on my part.

Just over two weeks to go :jaw:

HSC
N/A
My juggling act just got a little more delicate. My weekends are now going *poof* due to the fact the lead dancer in my show just fractured her foot :/ In a cast, in crutches. Not going to be dancing anytime soon. Have been rostered on indefinitely...

I love fridays. Usually.

HSC
N/A
For some reason I'm going crazy trying to find a pokemon card someone made for me years ago. I can find the sig Mike made me from it, but not the actual card. Wah!

*forsees an entire day of procrastination labelled 'Looking for something really important'...*

EDIT: Found it found it found it!!! Hurrah!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)