ITT we help examine to get 85 in his Maths extension 1 yearlies so he can do 4 unit (1 Viewer)

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Re: ITT we help examine to get 85 in his Maths extension 1 yearlies so he can do 4 un

shouldnt this thread be in prelim, not hsc..? -_-

Examine

same
HSC
Re: ITT we help examine to get 85 in his Maths extension 1 yearlies so he can do 4 un

shouldnt this thread be in prelim, not hsc..? -_-
Well, this is the Extension 1 Maths section, and I am asking Extension 1 Maths questions, so yeah.

Last edited:

Examine

same
HSC

At point P(x,y) moves so that its distance from the point K(2,5) is twice its distance from the line x=-1

What have I done wrong now.

Aysce

HSC

It's meant to be 2PK not 2PA. I think you misinterpreted.

edit: Wait nvm, i derped.

nightweaver066

HSC

lol i edited my post out thinking i misread the question, but you copied it down wrong

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

The line x=-1 is (-1, y)

Examine

same
HSC

So how do we do it if there is a line?

nightweaver066

HSC

The line x=-1 is (-1, y)
^^ pretty much use this.

Or you can just imagine the point P(x, y) in the plane, and see that the distance between the line and the point is just |x + 1|

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC

At point P(x,y) moves so that its distance from the point K(2,5) is twice its distance from the line x=-1

What have I done wrong now.

Just fyi, you complete the square for both x and y for the last line.

Examine

same
HSC

Good day today, was doing the 2008 Baulkham Hills yearly and there weren't too many problems.

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC

Good day today, was doing the 2008 Baulkham Hills yearly and there weren't too many problems.
Nice :)

nightweaver066

HSC

Try this question:

Examine

same
HSC

I've done some of my school's past papers and I have limited my weknesses to

Circle geometry
Parametric representation/locus
3d trig
Polynomials

How do I approach each of these bos?

deswa1

HSC

I've done some of my school's past papers and I have limited my weknesses to

Circle geometry
Parametric representation/locus
3d trig
Polynomials

How do I approach each of these bos?
For 3D trig, draw EVERY single triangle present in the question. Then it becomes super easy to work out what values you have and what you have enough info to work out. Work out those values and then solve.

Circle geo, ALWAYS redraw the diagram. If you can't see it straight away, angle chase it- basically fill in every single angle on your diagram and you'll notice relationships etc and you'll stumble on the answer half the time -> then rewrite it properly.

For polys and locus, what exactly in these are you having trouble with?

Examine

same
HSC

I'm ok with deriving the formulas and stuff though something like this

Tangents to the parabola at the points P and Q with parameter values t=p and t=2p respectively intersect at R. Find the Cartesian equations of the locus of R as P and Q move on the parabola.

Maybe it's just the wording though I do not know the first thing of starting something like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)