Job seeking(HELP) (1 Viewer)

shumaker

HSC
I know that this is predominantly an academic forum, but I really need help with this. Would greatly appreciate if someone could help.
Ever since the HSC has finished, I've been on the hunt for a job and have constantly been keeping an eye out for jobs. However, although I've applied to a long list of places, only McDonalds(sorry to u maccas/fast food haters here) has ever called for an interview, after which I got an email saying they were unable to offer me a job(the only reason I can think of is that the hiring manager said they needed more night time employees than daytime ones). I've also applied to the following places, however have either got back an email saying they have filled their positions or no response at all, although I've been waiting for weeks:

- KFC(multiple times)
- Grill'd
- Hungry Jacks
- Sushi Bar
- Betty 's Burgers
- Coles
- Subway
- Mad Mex
- Athlete 's Foot

Does anyone know why I am not getting any responses/positions are said to be full even though it says otherwise on their website? I am aware the holiday season is approaching and many people such as myself will be job searching, but I don't know why I haven't gotten even a single interview email save for Maccas. Surely other stores have a position open? Could it be because my resume is lacking in experience(I am hunting for my first job) or it just isn't detailed enough? If someone can help, it would be most appreciated.

shumaker

HSC
anyway, does anyone know why I'm not hearing back from any establishments?

lolcti

HSC
N/A
anyway, does anyone know why I'm not hearing back from any establishments?
95% of the time you don't get a response unless you literally ask the employees at the store & if they're hiring they'll call their manager who'll email you or message you if there is any positions open. I mean thats how me and my friends all got jobs, literally so much easier.

shumaker

HSC
95% of the time you don't get a response unless you literally ask the employees at the store & if they're hiring they'll call their manager who'll email you or message you if there is any positions open. I mean thats how me and my friends all got jobs, literally so much easier.
When you say ask, do you mean calling the store? Because I don't think I can commute there just to ask them about my application

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
When you say ask, do you mean calling the store? Because I don't think I can commute there just to ask them about my application
you could call but personally i think going to the store directly is better cos there's a higher chance of getting a much more straightforward answer. are there any places that are close to you? like a shopping village that's 10-15 min walk away?

carrotsss

HSC
if u can’t commute there to ask about the application are you gonna be able to commute there for work

shumaker

HSC
if u can’t commute there to ask about the application are you gonna be able to commute there for work
Yes all the places I applied to are within a 10 km radius to where I live, I was just wondering if it was necessary to go face to face just to ask about application status, but anyways, it seems like that is the best option so ig I will do that

carrotsss

HSC
tbh though idk what the situation is like in the city but it was nowhere near this amount of hassle for me (I just applied online for my job), I think the main thing is to have really good availability and just appear really friendly and outgoing and you should be able to get a job, I guess the swarm of new graduates would be making it harder

SB257426

Very Important User
HSC
I know that this is predominantly an academic forum, but I really need help with this. Would greatly appreciate if someone could help.
Ever since the HSC has finished, I've been on the hunt for a job and have constantly been keeping an eye out for jobs. However, although I've applied to a long list of places, only McDonalds(sorry to u maccas/fast food haters here) has ever called for an interview, after which I got an email saying they were unable to offer me a job(the only reason I can think of is that the hiring manager said they needed more night time employees than daytime ones). I've also applied to the following places, however have either got back an email saying they have filled their positions or no response at all, although I've been waiting for weeks:

- KFC(multiple times)
- Grill'd
- Hungry Jacks
- Sushi Bar
- Betty 's Burgers
- Coles
- Subway
- Mad Mex
- Athlete 's Foot

Does anyone know why I am not getting any responses/positions are said to be full even though it says otherwise on their website? I am aware the holiday season is approaching and many people such as myself will be job searching, but I don't know why I haven't gotten even a single interview email save for Maccas. Surely other stores have a position open? Could it be because my resume is lacking in experience(I am hunting for my first job) or it just isn't detailed enough? If someone can help, it would be most appreciated.
a lot of stores have christmas casual openings, you could go for those. I know JB Hi-fi had one and all the clothing stores like cotton on, H&M, Uni-qlo an sunglass hut also had christmas casual openings.

Another option is tutoring, you could do some of the holiday classes, they are pretty popular but most likely you will get a chance in early Jan as all tutoring centres are gonna close after the term finishes which is the 19th of Dec.

Fast food is the only option left which I would not recommend as you are gonna get paid shit, gonna work like a slave and if ur working maccas the shift manager is gonna be either a dropout (who can be chill sometimes) or some middle aged sad sack who gonna treat u like shit. And I know friends who worked other fast food like KFC, hungry jacks and oporto, they also got same treatment.

If you want an actual part time job you are gonna want to wait till around the 15th of Jan next year. Thats when all the employers come back from their month fucking long christmas break and start opening all jobs again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)