Job seeking(HELP) (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
a lot of stores have christmas casual openings, you could go for those. I know JB Hi-fi had one and all the clothing stores like cotton on, H&M, Uni-qlo an sunglass hut also had christmas casual openings.

Another option is tutoring, you could do some of the holiday classes, they are pretty popular but most likely you will get a chance in early Jan as all tutoring centres are gonna close after the term finishes which is the 19th of Dec.

Fast food is the only option left which I would not recommend as you are gonna get paid shit, gonna work like a slave and if ur working maccas the shift manager is gonna be either a dropout (who can be chill sometimes) or some middle aged sad sack who gonna treat u like shit. And I know friends who worked other fast food like KFC, hungry jacks and oporto, they also got same treatment.

If you want an actual part time job you are gonna want to wait till around the 15th of Jan next year. Thats when all the employers come back from their month fucking long christmas break and start opening all jobs again.
when do tutoring jobs open for next year and when would I have to start working? it seems tempting but idk if it would work with my timeline for moving to sydney

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
I know that this is predominantly an academic forum, but I really need help with this. Would greatly appreciate if someone could help.
Ever since the HSC has finished, I've been on the hunt for a job and have constantly been keeping an eye out for jobs. However, although I've applied to a long list of places, only McDonalds(sorry to u maccas/fast food haters here) has ever called for an interview, after which I got an email saying they were unable to offer me a job(the only reason I can think of is that the hiring manager said they needed more night time employees than daytime ones). I've also applied to the following places, however have either got back an email saying they have filled their positions or no response at all, although I've been waiting for weeks:

- KFC(multiple times)
- Grill'd
- Hungry Jacks
- Sushi Bar
- Betty 's Burgers
- Coles
- Subway
- Mad Mex
- Athlete 's Foot

Does anyone know why I am not getting any responses/positions are said to be full even though it says otherwise on their website? I am aware the holiday season is approaching and many people such as myself will be job searching, but I don't know why I haven't gotten even a single interview email save for Maccas. Surely other stores have a position open? Could it be because my resume is lacking in experience(I am hunting for my first job) or it just isn't detailed enough? If someone can help, it would be most appreciated.
What about Woolworths? I work at a Woolworths Metro currently and the interview process was pretty smooth. Unfortunately though there is a privacy aspect of it - you'll be interviewed by a bot initially which will ask you a few questions and you will just text back answers. If you pass that, you will have to do a video interview with the AI. If you pass the video interview, you do an in person interview.

Not sure if you would be willing to do that, but I went through it, and the interview was really just a few questions about my availability and where do you see yourself in x years time, why you want to work here etc. but I was basically in after the video interview.

Now, the other thing is that the truth about many fast food places is that majority of their working demographic are bound to be younger people. I'll say it how it is - fast food companies love cheap labour because they can get the same amount of efficiency from a 13 year old in comparison to a 30 year old for a decent fraction of the cost. If ur applying to fast food places after Year 11/12, there is very little chance they will employ you.

I was in the same boat a few months back (yes I applied to multiple different KFC's and only was offered two interviews out of 15 or so which I applied for - both declined), so it's even relieving I got a job at Woolies. Keep up the effort though and refine your resume based on the places you are applying for.

Last edited:

SB257426

Very Important User
HSC
when do tutoring jobs open for next year and when would I have to start working? it seems tempting but idk if it would work with my timeline for moving to sydney
The tutoring jobs open im pretty sure somewhere around 25th because thats when the new term starts. However, some places are looking for tutors during the summer holidays as there are gonna be some classes on during that time. I know one in a suburb near where I live is hiring people for the holidays. What subjects do u wanna tutor? In my area math tutors are in demand

shumaker

HSC
What about Woolworths? I work at a Woolworths Metro currently and the interview process was pretty smooth. Unfortunately though there is a privacy aspect of it - you'll be interviewed by a bot initially which will ask you a few questions and you will just text back answers. If you pass that, you will have to do a video interview with the AI. If you pass the video interview, you do an in person interview.

Not sure if you would be willing to do that, but I went through it, and the interview was really just a few questions about my availability and where do you see yourself in x years time, why you want to work here etc. but I was basically in after the video interview.

Now, the other thing is that the truth about many fast food places is that majority of their working demographic are bound to be younger people. I'll say it how it is - fast food companies love cheap labour because they can get the same amount of efficiency from a 13 year old in comparison to a 30 year old for a decent fraction of the cost. If ur applying to fast food places after Year 11/12, there is very little chance they will employ you.

I was in the same boat a few months back (yes I applied to multiple different KFC's and only was offered two interviews out of 15 or so which I applied for - both declined), so it's even relieving I got a job at Woolies. Keep up the effort though and refine your resume based on the places you are applying for.
That's a good idea, but unfortunately all the Woolworths around me don't have any vacancies. I wouldn't really mind the interview process(at this point I'm just desperate to get a job). Thanks for your insight about fast food places, I'll broaden my search from now onward. Have seen a couple of christmas casual jobs near me, so I'll get off here and begin applying there. Tysm for your suggestions!

carrotsss

HSC
The tutoring jobs open im pretty sure somewhere around 25th because thats when the new term starts. However, some places are looking for tutors during the summer holidays as there are gonna be some classes on during that time. I know one in a suburb near where I live is hiring people for the holidays. What subjects do u wanna tutor? In my area math tutors are in demand
hopefully maths/phys/chem, depends on my hsc results ig

Interdice

HSC
I am writing to express my sincere interest in joining the [someminimumwagecompany]'s team. With a strong background in [mention relevant skills or experiences, e.g., customer service, teamwork], I am confident in my ability to contribute effectively to your dynamic work environment. I am attracted to KFC's values and commitment to excellence, and I am eager to be part of a team that consistently delivers exceptional service to customers. I appreciate the opportunity for personal and professional growth within your organization. Thank you for considering my application, and I look forward to the possibility of discussing my suitability for the position in further detail.

Okay the bracket is because I don't want to disclose what company. You don't need to know.

I deadass asked chatgpt to write me a template for a coverletter or someshit and forgot to fill the blank and just sent that. Got asked for an interview. Maybe I made the interviewer laugh

Interdice

HSC
U tried, and that’s what matters
I actually was about to hit post but saw already saw that, and changed the original place to KFC, to make you convinced I work at KFC, so if I by some coincidence work with you, I'm not doxed. Or I'm just trying to start shit

do you believe that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)