"Joey". (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
So I am surprised that no-one has started a thread on Joey. What did everyone think of it? I didn't like it is much as Friends but it was pretty decent. I will be watching this show instead of The Apprentice 3 I think:).

ryaneco

HSC
yea i liked it, i've already seen 2 eps and i liked them, i thought it was a great pilot, possibly because we already new the character of joey that it didn't take much time to set things up like a brand new show. But channel 9 shite me because next week they are going straight to the episode of joey and the party and are skipping ep 2 which is joey and the student, why they do this is beyond me. but good show, not as good as friends but an entertaining time filler for a monday night, i enjoy it.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
ryaneco said:
But channel 9 shite me because next week they are going straight to the episode of joey and the party and are skipping ep 2 which is joey and the student, why they do this is beyond me. but good show, not as good as friends but an entertaining time filler for a monday night, i enjoy it.
Well that is gay. Thanks for letting me know, I will have to download it. Do you know if they are just showing the episodes out of order and will go back to "Joey and the Student" or if they are just never going to air it:(?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Argonaut said:
Sounds like Matt le Blanc can't get a decent role (anyone seen All the Queen's Men? If you haven't, pray you don't ...) and so has to act in spin-off of a highly-popular TV show he was in (true, Joey was the best of the 6, but still).
What is wrong with him doing a spin-off? He is probably pretty happy that he was the only one given the opportunity to star in a spin-off that would most probably become very popular and successful. I would have to say Chandler was my favourite character:).

hatty

Banned
imagine a spin-off with some of the other characters.

"Chandler", LOL, that would suck so bad, that matthew perry dickhead would just walk around all day sniffing mens asses or eating shit.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
nah i liked chandler ! he was probably the funniest one. i thought joey was ok, nowhere near as good as friends, but still funny.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i liked them all together
but i think joey will survive the best on his own

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
Sounds like Matt le Blanc can't get a decent role (anyone seen All the Queen's Men? If you haven't, pray you don't ...) and so has to act in spin-off of a highly-popular TV show he was in (true, Joey was the best of the 6, but still).
lol, you would probably do anything for the amount of money he will be getting for doing this.

Fry

Argonaut said:
so, it was too good of an opportunity to pass up. glad he didn't make the same mistake Eliza Dushku did.

i thought the show was ok, but i hope they introduce more characters into the show and find another Chandler-like buddy for Joey. they made a great duo. ;)

chepas

HSC
Is it just me, or does that sister look like she didn't exist in Friends? We actually saw all 7 sisters at the same time at one stage, I think it was when Chandler was having it off with one of them, but...

Also - I like it that in Friends, Joey blows up at the thought of her other baby sister being pregnant and marrying the loser guy, but in "Joey", he seems fine with the fact that another sister had a son when she was 16... :rolleyes:

Either that, or I have been watching Friends waaaaay too much.

How is the show doing in the US?

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
its been picked up for a second season, so its doing a lot better than some of the other new shows.

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
A Chandler spinoff could work

Matthew Perry is definitely the funniest of all the Friends actors in real life

Plus, I rate that movie The Whole 9 Yards.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Krangelus said:
its been picked up for a second season, so its doing a lot better than some of the other new shows.
What shows haven't been renewed in America:)?

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Yeah i think i'd prefer a Chandler spinoff than Joey. Chandler rocks !

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
how would a chandler spin off work? Monica would have to come along cause they're uh, married. remember?

Merethrond said:
What shows haven't been renewed in America:)?
as far as i know (some are on the bubble, meaning they may or may not still be picked up)

L.A.X
The Mountain
dead like me
point pleasant
Father of the Pride
Jack & Bobby
Johnny Zero
Veronica Mars
Complete Savages
Unscripted
Listen Up
Kevin Hill
Rodney
Cuts
North Shore
arressted development
Committed
Regensis
Quintuplets
Enterprise
life as we know it
The Wire

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Spin-offs are sooo lame. "Ok, seeing as though we're not creative enough to think of new ideas, lets just ride the success of another show". Pitiful.

ryaneco

HSC
LAX, the mountain and father of the pride have all been given the network axe.

As for nine playing the eps out of order or not playing at all metherond lets just say i hope its either a typo in the guide or they are playing them out of order. I really don't know, but we can hope.

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
absolution* said:
Spin-offs are sooo lame. "Ok, seeing as though we're not creative enough to think of new ideas, lets just ride the success of another show". Pitiful.
i dont see a problem with it, it gives the charachters more of a chance to evolve and change. Some even are better than the host show - ala Angel from buffy.
They just have to be done right.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Krangelus said:
as far as i know (some are on the bubble, meaning they may or may not still be picked up)

L.A.X
The Mountain
dead like me
point pleasant
Father of the Pride
Jack & Bobby
Johnny Zero
Veronica Mars
Complete Savages
Unscripted
Listen Up
Kevin Hill
Rodney
Cuts
North Shore
arressted development
Committed
Regensis
Quintuplets
Enterprise
life as we know it
The Wire
WOW, there are so many:eek:! Haha, hasn't there only been one episode of "Cuts" broadcast, and I thought Veronica Mars was popular? There are a few there that I will miss:(.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)