Just another Gang Rape Case in Sydney (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
- 15 year olds are considered responsible enough to know right from wrong. They know the law about drinking, and any decent parent gives their child a talk on strangers and rape.

- i go out with mates all the time, iam 19 iam allowed to. I dont drink on the streets and i never get so intoxicated that i dont know what the fuck is going on.

I am not passing judgement on her, its very sad what happened. The thing thats even sadder though is it could have been easily prevented if she had even an inkling of common sense. Drinking is never an excuse for making a mistake. I cant get drunk then drive and kill someone and blame it on the drink. If i start a fight i will be just as liable as if i were sober etc etc.

Not to mention your statistics are faulty. 60% huh? i find that hard to beleive. I do not look kindly on girls who have been "raped" and dont go to the police. If the dude was really a rapist than that means she let him go free to continue wrecking other girls lives. If he wasnt a rapist, or she was just drunk and regretted it then it means its just reputation ruining gossip. Prove its 60%. You cant, because i know exactly where you got that statistic from and their techniques were very shoddy.

Jynx

RULER OF BOTANY
HSC
What the hell was she doing out by herself, at that age, drinking.

Still, Vulgur.

ilikehats

HSC
Since no-one else seems to be taking their side, what about the accused men?
It's not uncommon for trashy girls like this to try to manipulate men into a situation where they can then scream "rape" and get money and attention for their alledged trauma.
For starters, there should have been a police investigation where they checked for rape; is there any proof of it yet?

People need to consider the possibility that the men might just have been trying to help her and offer her a place to stay (unlikely for any man, but still), and she took advantage of the situation to accuse rape.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
jazzy fizzle said:
the girl is 15 for god's sake, she's still a child and her mind hasn't developed completely enough to take on responsibilty and to think about the consequences of her actions
It's less a case of being a child or common sense, it's more of naivety and the teenage feeling of being invincible.

And to the person who brought in statistics..rape statistics is based on people who have reported it. 60% of rape victims don't report it at all..because it's family members or family friends, perhaps ye gang rape..rapists could be anyone. statistics means shit.
You just used one? Were you trying to be ironic?

ilikehats said:
It's not uncommon for trashy girls like this to try to manipulate men into a situation where they can then scream "rape" and get money and attention for their alledged trauma.
It's not uncommon, ie the Duke situation in the states recently however, um the victims don't get money at all or really much attention... I'm unsure of where you've plucked that idea from since the media can't release names and rape doesn't often invite a lot of support. Most people prefer to ignore it.

For starters, there should have been a police investigation where they checked for rape; is there any proof of it yet?
Since it's already gone to court, I'm fairly sure that even if a rape kit hasn't been done (which is hard to do if it's not reported immediately, which can be the case when the victim has just gone through such trauma).

People need to consider the possibility that the men might just have been trying to help her and offer her a place to stay (unlikely for any man, but still), and she took advantage of the situation to accuse rape.
That's possible but at the same time why would she bother?

K

katie_tully

yeah RAPISTS HAVE RIGHTS TOO YOU KNOW LOLZ

K

katie_tully

must HALF IT BE IN CAPITALZZ? (mockery)
Um. Question. Why would you include (mockery) after your post. It defeats the purpose of mocking in the firstplace. AMIRITE?

K

katie_tully

No...you cannot mock what was mockery to begin with. SO STOP POSTING NOW, KTHX

L

LaraB

jazzy fizzle said:
has anyone here not gone out with their mates and drank or gotten completely trashed.
Uh yes... i have enough sense not to drink myself into an uncontrollable state in a public place where i can't control what happens.

We're not all incapable of controlling our alcohol intake. Yes i have "drank" but i haven't gotten drunk in public - there's a big difference. This girl was drunk and that is not acceptable or sensible behaviour for any 15 year old.

Apart from everything else you raised... put plain a simply - if it was a 15 year old who had perpetrated the rape, i highly doubt you'd be telling us all t hat they're just a child and we shouldn't judge them and we shouldn't make assumptions. It's mainly because the girl was the victim that people will use the "but she's just a child, how could she know" argument. A 15 year old is a child, but they are not an infant. The average 15 yeard old should know that drinking alcohol in public is both illegal and dangerous as is going home with strange men.

To be clear so no one again responds by telling me I'm saying it's the girls fault - I AM NOT. I"M NOT EXCUSING THE MEN's BEHAVIOUR AS IT WAS ABHORENT. BUT regardless the girl's behaviour enabled her to be in a position to be taken advantage of. Naive, Stupid, Immature whatever you want to call it, the average 15 year old knows better.

And as for criticising the fact that i raised statistics - as someone else pointed out, you used some yourself!

Secondly - i was referring to "gang rape" specifically as i clearly said not "normal" rape. Gang rapes do not typically occur amongst family members and the like. In addition, although it is true that many rapes go unreported, this does not negate the trends shown in those that ARE reported. It is fair to say that rape goes unreported to a point amongst all types of victims, not only those who were raped by certain offenders so it is fair to assume that the trends of reported rapes in terms of who were the rapists is similar to those unreported cases.

K

katie_tully

i dont give a fuck how drunk you are or how much of a slurry you act like, nobody deserves to be violated like that
case closed

L

LaraB

katie_tully said:
i dont give a fuck how drunk you are or how much of a slurry you act like, nobody deserves to be violated like that
case closed
Repsonses like that are why this disucssion is going in circles -

You clearly don't understand that there is a difference between

(1) the girl put herself in a position to have something bad happen by acting the way she did; and

(2) its her fault she got raped.

No one has said that a girl in that position deserves it - people have simply said that she allowed herself to be put in a vulnerable position where that coule happen.

If you can't understand a concept that basic you should keep your rude responses to yourself because you don't get what people are saying and you are wrong to abuse them for saying something completely different to what you are assuming.

sthcross.dude

HSC
LaraB said:

(1) the girl put herself in a position to have something bad happen by acting the way she did; and

(2) its her fault she got raped.
Excellent point. An analogous example would be if you decide to get really drunk and make inflamatory comments to people. No you dont deserve to be beaten up, no one does. But your foolish behaviour has greatly increased the chances of it happening.

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

Way to jump to conclusions. You have no idea what I do and do not understand.

No one has said that a girl in that position deserves it
Wrong answer. I've seen several posts alluding to the fact she deserved it.

If you can't understand a concept that basic you should keep your rude responses to yourself because you don't get what people are saying and you are wrong to abuse them for saying something completely different to what you are assuming
WTF?

1. Where did I not understand the concept
2. How was my response rude
3. Where did I abuse somebody for saying something different? What I said is, and I quote "I don't give a fuck", meaning I, as in myself, do not give a fuck how she dresses or what she had to drink, she did not deserve what happened to her. Where did I abuse anybody? Did I say 'Lara B you're a fucking twat and I think you're wrong'? No. Infact I didn't address you, nor did I address anybody else

off your high horse, kthx

L

LaraB

sthcross.dude said:
Excellent point. An analogous example would be if you decide to get really drunk and make inflamatory comments to people. No you dont deserve to be beaten up, no one does. But your foolish behaviour has greatly increased the chances of it happening.
Exactly...

Or say if you decide to walk into a small town in the USA screaming "die american pigs" you don't necessarily deserve to get beaten to a pulp but you probably would :p lol

-------

As to the poster below that one, can't be bothered responding coz all you'll do is essentially tell me i'm wrong with no real justification. You say you understand yet you continue to confuse the two concepts. If you are convinced you understand but you evince that you do not, there is no point because you will do nothing but continue to say i/we are wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

katie_tully

see my above post. ur still confusing deserved with increased the chance of it happening.
How fucking dumb are you? Of course I know the distinction between 'deserve' and 'increasing the chance'.

Please tell me where in that post I
a. Told somebody they were wrong
b. Some how discredited the distinction between 'deserved' and 'increased the risk'

K

katie_tully

As to the post below, can't be bothered responding coz all you'll do is essentially tell me i'm wrong with not justification.
No, you can't be bothered responding because you know you were wrong to jump on my back for no reason. I wasn't even referring to your post when I made that statement, I was posting my opinion in general.
Were I to bother telling you that youre wrong, I would have quoted you and told you why.

sthcross.dude

HSC
katie_tully said:
How fucking dumb are you? Of course I know the distinction between 'deserve' and 'increasing the chance'.
then why do you continue to accuse ppl of saying she deserved it when they werent saying that.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
LaraB said:
Exactly...

Or say if you decide to walk into a small town in the USA screaming "die american pigs" you don't necessarily deserve to get beaten to a pulp but you probably would :p lol
Actually, that's a different matter. Screaming "die american pigs" is done with the intent to provoke. Getting drunk and hanging out with your friends is not provoking sexual assualt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)