Labor's policies= Our policies (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Of course it doesn't seem likely.
But if the world could start moving towards that (which i think asia is trying to push for), we will end up with a more efficient and strong global economy, and the distribution of wealth will no longer fall along the borders of nations.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Generator said:
As not-that-bright is saying, what you believe to be free trade is hardly as free as the term suggests. To tell the truth, trade liberalisation in many industries may well be of benefit to all (those in the developing countries in particular), yet we cannot know this till there is a global shift away from preferential networks that reinforce the protectionist nature of many developed economies to the detriment of those they are pressuring to structurally 'reform'.

Of course, there are some things that should never be liberalised in their entirety... Education and health services, for example.
hmmmm ok. :)

Generator

HSC
N/A
zahid said:
hmmmm ok. :)
Make sure that you don't just accept a supposedly more knowledgeable response... Keep on reading so that you are able to continue questioning both your own position and that of those who are not of a similar frame of mind.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Generator said:
Make sure that you don't just accept a supposedly more knowledgeable response... Keep on reading so that you are able to continue questioning both your own position and that of those who are not of a similar frame of mind.
Will do.... :)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I dont want to be fanatical in my youth in fear that i'll be conservative in old age.

Rorix

HSC
zahid said:
Free Trade= Globalisation= Greater divide between the RICH & Poor= BAD

There are a few more of these equations in my head :)

NO NO NO
DON'T MAKE ME WHIP OUT A THEORY OF JUSTICE FOR THE SECOND TIME IN TWO DAYS

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Rorix said:
NO NO NO
DON'T MAKE ME WHIP OUT A THEORY OF JUSTICE FOR THE SECOND TIME IN TWO DAYS
PLEASE DO...AM HERE TO LEARN.

EDIT: 800 posts woot woot!

K

katie_tully

Sigh.
Free trade with America. Why :(

Meanwhile, we should stop dancing and should be forming stronger trade ties with CHINA, the soon to be economic superpower of the world, whilst America licks its wounded paws.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
While john howard started off 1996 by moving closer to the US, i believe these days he's actually moving closer to asia.
If you look at australia's stance on most foreign affairs it is similar to that of most asian nations.

Rorix

HSC
Rawls Doesnt Teach

He Just Lays The Smack Down

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Asquithian said:
If only i was a mod. I'd lock useless threads such as this one.
I'd double lock it, does it annoy you that this forum doesn't actually have a friggen mod?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
Oh well.

It runs ok without one. The collective might of just about everyone discussing stuff here being law students means if runs ok.

I could mod. If I was all I'd do is get rid of the pointless threads posted by less politically aware.

But in all seriousness you only have to look at the posts of 'senior' mods to get a taste of why no one would want to be a mod.
Considering only about 6 people can discuss things in here, it isn't suprising they are mostly law students :p

Generator

HSC
N/A
Re. mod: I nominate Xayma. He's a well-respected regular and is already a member of the 'elite' :)p). That is, you should ask for the position if you have the time and don't mind the effort that may be needed from time to time.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
A mod is needed, either one of Asquithian, Generator or Xayma. All three would be ideal, because if it was just Asquithian or just Xayma people would winge about Aquithian's centre-left disposition and others Xayma's centre-right disposition. That makes Generator the ideal choice, but a Council of Three is better than just the one, even more so when the Membership is made up of almost exact political opposites (Asquithian-Xayma, coupled with Generator's centrism.) That way, no-one could bitch about thread deletion.

The "WTF are all wogs just dickheads or somethinn?" thread for example, could be deleted justifiably on the grounds of stupidity, and this thread.

leetom

HSC
bitchgirl said:
is not a labor supporter.....
im already sick and tired of bob carrs policies.
How typical of Brogden backers. All it is is bitching from you lot, no suggested policy improvements, just bitching.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I prefer no mod to these forums, but i do think there's alot of bs...
If there is to be a mod i have no problem with it being asquithian, generator, xayma, neo_o, moonlightsonata, or rorix.

leetom

HSC
Actually, it would make an interesting poll. Make one NTB.

Asquithian

MoonlightSonata

Generator

Xayma

neo_o

Rorix

no mod

do it like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)