• Latham

Votes: 344 65.4%
  • Howard

Votes: 182 34.6%

• Total voters

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Many yrs ago, the art teacher at my skool was a neighbour of johnny b4 he was famous or infamous, and she describe him in 1 sentence and i quote "He's an awful man !"

B

Bambul

Some people have been saying some pretty nasty stuff. I hope nobody encourages them by responsing.

Mark Latham did crash tackle a cabbie. Iron Mark says that the cabbie was not taking him by the route that he wanted to go so he told him to stop the taxi and got out without paying (he said that he wouldn't pay the cabbie if he wasn't taken the way he wanted). The cabbie grabbed Iron Mark's bag and ran off with it. Iron Mark ran after him and (after many years of practice as a rugby player) crash tackled him, breaking his arm in the process.

The cabbie now says that he doesn't "bear him any grudge" since there were probably valuables in the bag, but that he got his revenge by voting Liberal. :)

I personally am a Latham fan. Not a Labor fan, 2 party prefered I've always been a Liberal supporter at the federal level, and for just plain party politics am likely to stay that way. The way it is I'll probably give my preferences to the ALP next federal election (I don't vote for major parties - with the exception of NSW Liberal Senator Marise Payne) if I'm not convinced that Peter Costello will become PM mid-term.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Multiculturalism doesn't necessarily imply ethnic divisons and tensions, although as I said above, how we will ever get to true multiculturalism (which would not imply the tension evident today) is beyond me. Perhaps we should accept rather tolerate?

Edit: Mainstream culture is anglo-celtic in origin.

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Yeah. We have to move forward, no matter how minor the steps may be.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Originally posted by melbournian
Australia isn't multicultural. That is a fallacy. Australia is instead, ethnically diverse, with immigrants helping improve Australia's culture, by assimilating into mainstream cult ure.

The word multicultural, implies ethnic divisions and racism. Its one of the most overused words to describe Australia.
I know many ppl who migrated to australia and refused to assimilate, they didn't want to forget their own culture, and didn't want their children to forget their origins. this situation happens over most cultures, and is shown only by a drive through sydney where u see many different cultures that exist.
so i dont know about the rest of australia but sydney is very multi-cultural, and ne way assimilation as a policy was abolished yrs ago

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
culture isnt an absolute, limited term... one culture can incorporate others and contributing to more...

while i agree with most of what you say, imo Australia has the average, fair amount of racism... comparable to the other western immigration countries...

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
ok i see what u mean, but the fact that we still have many cultures that mix in 1 society contributes to ppl callin australia multicultural

if ppl accept other cultures, it doesn't take away the existance of their own culture

Generator

HSC
N/A
Black and White were the colours of the old league team 'Wests' who played out of Campbelltown before they merged with Balmain. That might be it, I guess.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I know, but I can't see why it would be an AFL team.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Latham!
"LATHAM! LATHAM! LATHAM!"

(btw I don't love Lathom as much as I may seem....I just realllllly HATE John Howard with an undying passion!)

Last edited:

Benno

HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
howard is a racist bum! u just need to go back a few years, to find all the racist comments he made...thats why i hate him!
No that dude who was maylasias prime minister (i think) Dr muhmmid or something was the one who was racist

Benno

HSC
latham is a collingwood suporter

which means we cant let him become PM!
j/k

overall i love what the libs have done for australis economy but am scared when looking at the state labour govts which in Vic at least have fucked up bad. but looking at labour history (ingnoring there bad economy policys) i like what they started with Education and Medicare

dunno about nsw since i live out west and everyone know NSW stands for newcastle, sydney, wollogong

over all i liked Beazly since he that teddy bear look about him (plus he would have been genourus to the military)

dunno much about latham, so far so good though i noticed on ACA he got a blasting though from some bitch

Howard i think just trys to do what he thinks is best for the country, as provin by him often going against public opinion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)