lets open our minds people (1 Viewer)

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
lengy said:
Having money means I can go out and do things I want to do, spend time with friends, travel, learn and experience things. Without money you're stuck at home, can't eat, can't go anywhere, can't spend time with your friends experiencing things. You fail. Money facilitates happiness so bugger off.
Its a sad fact of life.

But money does not = happiness. There's other factors to include as well.

lengy

HSC
If money is causing you so much suffering then give it to me and go live in poverty and see how much happiness you can gain from it.

Valeu

HSC
spot on lengy, money facilitates the enjoyment of so many things - it helps us, when in sufficient quantities, to live our lives to the fullest. When in even greater quantities it gives us political power, and all sorts of other perks.

The key word is 'facilitates'. Money of itself is just paper - it's how we use it and how we go about getting it that counts.

s1mplykat

HSC
frog12986 said:
We do not live in a multi-cultural society, we live in a multi-racial society, as the former is fundamentally flawed. The sooner that people realise the implications of culture in relation to conflict, as history quite explicitly conveys, the better off Australia and other such countries will be...

Culture itself is such a subjective concept and in saying that, any effort to emphasise the value of one particular culture over another is intrinsically invalid. Features may be slightly more distinctive, but that in no way removes the value of the 'other'..

Some noted cultural conflicts :ninja: :

- Serbs and Croats
- Jews and Palestinians
- Shiites and Sunnies
- Greeks and Macedonians
- Japanese and Chinese
- Greeks and Spartans... etc etc etc

It may not be the driving force, the cultural difference existed as a catalyst in each of the aformentioned examples..

Although it may seem narrow minded, unless society exists in a uniform and consensual manner, which of course would be rather dull, then conflict will continue to exist and prosper. People are not scared of race, religion or ethnicity; Individuals and the collective are scared of DIFFERENCE. Its an inherent trait of human nature and the human mentality, and until the idealistic, leftist dreamers of the world realise that human foibles will ruin their plight for perfection, we will have to continue to debate an array of endless debates..

umm.. arnt spartans greek? o_O

HSC
Valeu said:
spot on lengy, money facilitates the enjoyment of so many things - it helps us, when in sufficient quantities, to live our lives to the fullest. When in even greater quantities it gives us political power, and all sorts of other perks.

The key word is 'facilitates'. Money of itself is just paper - it's how we use it and how we go about getting it that counts.
Yeah, there is a standard amount of money that is essential for a decent living (which I assume, is essential for happiness in most cases). I've heard that you won't necessarily be happier if you have more than this amount, and you'd be worried if you had less.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)