Lindt Sydney siege victims sign deals with Channel 7 and Channel 9 (1 Viewer)

asparagus

HSC
N/A
This is why I think some people don't get that deterred by crime ... Cause they'll get a cash benefit from interviews and shit

They should make a law banning paid interviews with criminals
yeah because a criminal is really going to do a tell all on how they did it and breach their parole....

asparagus

HSC
N/A
makes you wonder though that these famewhores cant be that traumatised if they're signing on to do 1hr special interviews and relive the whole experience.

asparagus

HSC
N/A
First rule of journalism: Create a bias.

That's it. Without a bias you'd have the most boring story ever written in journalism. When there's oomph and flair people will watch.
you are confusing news reporting with editorial content

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
you are confusing news reporting with editorial content
You have obviously no idea how corporate journalism works. even within news reporting there's a huge amount of bias put into stories. Just because you're not smart enough to recognize doesn't mean it's not there. Read the words VERY carefully of every article and you would realize there's always a certain voice or tone in general "news reporting."

asparagus

HSC
N/A
You have obviously no idea how corporate journalism works. even within news reporting there's a huge amount of bias put into stories. Just because you're not smart enough to recognize doesn't mean it's not there. Read the words VERY carefully of every article and you would realize there's always a certain voice or tone in general "news reporting."
you are not a journalist

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
news is either unbiased or has right-wing bias.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
you are not a journalist
You are either really naive or extremely stupid to think there's a thing as "objective" journalism. Even major organizations and "least bias" like the BBC, Reuters and AP have certain amounts of bias in very specific topics.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
So you're saying that the right move is one that leaves 3 people dead?

You haven't heard of a catch 22 situation have you?
When did I say that? I said there's always a right move, how does that imply that I support a certain move in a specific situation? Pro tip: don't try to act like a genius and read INTO what I'm saying, rather read WHAT I actually say.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Wannaspoon: The BOS counter terrorism and hostage negotiation expert who knows better than our police who you know, do this shit for a living.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Wannaspoon: The BOS counter terrorism and hostage negotiation expert who knows better than our police who you know, do this shit for a living.
Now how is my judgement any different to Amundies???

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
They should make a law banning paid interviews with criminals
In Australia it is illegal to profit from crime you have been directly involved in. (i.e. you can't sell an autobiography about your "big heist" for example or be paid for an interview directly pertaining to the crimes).

Usually that money is seized and funds victims of crime, etc.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
In Australia it is illegal to profit from crime you have been directly involved in. (i.e. you can't sell an autobiography about your "big heist" for example or be paid for an interview directly pertaining to the crimes).

Usually that money is seized and funds victims of crime, etc.
wat?

There is victims of crime compensation, you do know that...

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Now how is my judgement any different to Amundies???
Because what I'm saying isn't what you're saying? I never said I know what's the right move and the wrong move. Can you please actually READ what I'm saying? My gosh I feel sorry for your teachers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)