Market City (1 Viewer)

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
Has anyone been shopping here? Whats it like..? ive only walked through there once to get some lunch but didnt really pay attention to the shops. Is it like different style of clothes or is it just another factory outlet with old fashion?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
In Chinatown?
The fashion stores are mainly honky fashion, but they have General Pants and Marcs I think..

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
once in a while, i find a piece of "wearable" honky clothing
and sometimes the sales on the groundfloor is cheaper compare to hay (paddys?) market !

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
It's alright- mostly Asians (and as a result Asian-type shops) although there are a few Western shops... there's also a CK outlet store there too IIRC.

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
yeah sorry the china town one.

Hmmm maybe ill go down there one day to take a look around... may find something different.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
mainly outlets... eg, there's general pants with a permanent "70% off!!" sign in front of it, glue, mambo, events, cK, oroton, bracewell, esprit, mainly on the second floor.

all the honkie fashion is on the first floor, but there's also a shop that sells emily the strange, paul frank etc; and dangerfield.

its' not exactly where i run to when i want to shop, but once in a while there's a GP sale in the middle, which is always good :D

HSC
Of course MarketCity's going to be somewhat asian - it's between Chinatown and UTS for god's sake! :p

As bubz said, every day there's some sort of stall in the centre on Ground level, maybe once a fortnight you'll come across something totally awesome like $18 Wranglers, $25 Tony Bianco pumps etc.

Outlets worth checking out:
Oxygen (Levis, Purr)
Oroton (Ralph, Marcs, Oroton, Morrissey)
Bracewell (sass&bide, mavi, bracewell)
CK (der :rolleyes: )
SP1 (Paul Frank, Lee, Mooks, M-one-11, Wranglers, Stussy, Cons)
ShoeBox (Pierre Fontaine, Urban Soul, Tony Bianco)
Platypus shoes (generally full-priced except for the tables of discounted stock)

GP and Glue are pretty overrated, unless there's something from last season which you missed out on. There's also Supre and JayJays but they're pretty cheap everywhere so you're not likely to get massive discounts.

gna

HSC
It's okay for the odd bargain. But most of the clothes there are last seasoned fashion....

Or appears to be...

Tabris

HSC
I got a good bargain today at the cK outlet,

2 x $150.00 jeans cut down to 120 for both, theya re haveing a clearence sale

santaslayer

HSC
There's JaysJays @ Market City? I've never ever come across it, and I go there every Sunday!

Always

HSC
It's alright, nothing spectacular. I like it for the Esprit outlet - found some bargains in there at the last sale.

I never seem to find anything MarketCity CK?? Maybe I'm there at the wrong times.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
-Swifty- said:
Has anyone been shopping here? Whats it like..? ive only walked through there once to get some lunch but didnt really pay attention to the shops. Is it like different style of clothes or is it just another factory outlet with old fashion?

yeh ive been there many times. My parents own an appartment in 'the peak' appartment tower which sits on top of market city/paddy's market....

yeh its okay, Asian dominated, The food court is a bit lacking though....but theres some good stuff there

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
It's across the road from my uni so I go there a bit for lunch etc and it's alright. I think I've only ever bought one thing from there but.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
My friend manages the Jay Jays. He is teh cool.

Otherwise, MarketCity is teh suck. I only go there now for Rogues (and I've yet to find something there that I reallllllly want to buy) and Thai Kee. I seriously get so bored in MarketCity I wind up at Galaxy World. My friends seem to like the place though. They'll be late for meeting up and they'll be like, you're in MarketCity, go shopping! Err not possible.

All the stores there sell their shitty stock that won't budge in their other stores. Like the Glue store. It's rank. That's where all the other Glue stores send their stuff that won't sell. So I'd feel gross if I bought something there.

In conclusion, MarketCity is depressing and a waste of time. Go to Oxford St or something and buy something that's actually nice.

HSC
yulia said:
My friend manages the Jay Jays. He is teh cool.

Otherwise, MarketCity is teh suck. I only go there now for Rogues (and I've yet to find something there that I reallllllly want to buy) and Thai Kee. I seriously get so bored in MarketCity I wind up at Galaxy World. My friends seem to like the place though. They'll be late for meeting up and they'll be like, you're in MarketCity, go shopping! Err not possible.

All the stores there sell their shitty stock that won't budge in their other stores. Like the Glue store. It's rank. That's where all the other Glue stores send their stuff that won't sell. So I'd feel gross if I bought something there.

In conclusion, MarketCity is depressing and a waste of time. Go to Oxford St or something and buy something that's actually nice.
I think you missed the point - If you want to pay full price you can go anywhere. Market City is essentially a factory outlet and you're supposed to hunt out the bargains.

I mean, sure, i can go to Pitt St and buy something nice for $100. The idea is that i can spend half an hour looking around in Market City and find something equally as nice for $50.

Anyway, you have fun at Galaxy World :rolleyes:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
eeew I hate market city, it stinks and the people there have no concept of personal space, they'll just walk straight into you and jam themselves into full lifts and stuff....eeeww

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
But there are better factory outlets around. MarketCity is so dirty. Half the time the clothes actually have dirt and crap on it or are stretched or whatever. Anyways, I'd prefer to spend money on quality than buying something cheap that isn't so great. There's just something tacky about that place. Especially that Brands United place...ewww.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)