math1001: differential calculus (2 Viewers)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Euler, what should I do if I miss out on a prac due to illness? I don't wan't to get failed for reaching the <80% attendance rate for chemistry labs for illness or misadventure. Should I lodge a Special Consideration thingy or something?

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Generator
Haha

It is always funny when you have people out near the assignment drop boxes fishing for answers with 30 minutes to go. It is even funnier when they continue doing that with their second year units, although by that stage they do attempt the questions (however half-arsed those attempts may be).
LOL.

Euler

Originally posted by JKDDragon
Euler, what should I do if I miss out on a prac due to illness? I don't wan't to get failed for reaching the <80% attendance rate for chemistry labs for illness or misadventure. Should I lodge a Special Consideration thingy or something?
I think that they allow one lab to be missed. This is from what I remember from doing Chem ages back. I hated Chem. I still do.

Check with the chem handbooks or the lab notes; there should be something in there saying how many you can miss, though it is ideal you go to all of them, however boring. If it's unavoidable (like your situation), I would check with the lab demonstrator.

I'm sure that it is in print somewhere about what to do when a lab has been missed. It's a common occurence.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
YES.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Okay, I'll allocate a long time tomorrow so I could fill out the forms for lets see:

1 prac.
3 tutorials.
1 quiz.

So joyous, I'am.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Okay, I'll allocate a long time tomorrow so I could fill out the forms for lets see:

1 prac.
3 tutorials.
1 quiz.

So joyous, I'am.
Can't it all go on one form, which goes to the Student Centre, and then you distribute copies to the departments who need them? That was the procedure when I was a UGrad (a while ago, admittedly, but anyway...)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by SmokedSalmon
yeah its one of those cheap cardboard folders.
yeah just the bit of big cardboard folded together to make a lil folder.

its usually a buff beige colour

by the way, has everyone finished the assignment?
does anyone want to cpmpare answers?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by tooheyz

its usually a buff beige colour...
yep, thats it- you could make it yourself i guess as well. i.e a custom made red manilla folder. :p

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
yep, thats it- you could make it yourself i guess as well. i.e a custom made red manilla folder. :p
LOL yeah at office works, they had red. but my big bro told me to confirm and get the beige one - dont want to strain the markers eyes with the bright red..

ah wellz - they only come in foolscap size so i had to trim it down to a4 size - man that extra effort just for maths :rolleyes:

Winston

HSC

its usually a buff beige colour

lol i just started i'm up to ques 3 now :p blah

Winston

HSC
btw, if u didn't know already- ur allowed to ask help from lecturers and stuff as to how to do the question and stuff. :)
lol its like how do u do quest 2 and 3 oh and while you're at it 1, :p...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
lol its like how do u do quest 2 and 3 oh and while you're at it 1, :p...
hehe, well if the lecturer refuses to do it all, maybe u guys shuld team up and each one of u ask a question each. ;)

Carlito

HSC
ive done like the first few questions,... but ive always found it annoying to type maths answers into computers... i dunno how to make all those funny symbols like pies and square roots and stuff

if i can somehow get my answers into a readable format on the forums then ill type them up

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Carlito
ive done like the first few questions,... but ive always found it annoying to type maths answers into computers... i dunno how to make all those funny symbols like pies and square roots and stuff

if i can somehow get my answers into a readable format on the forums then ill type them up

ummm do we have to type it up? :S...

anyways, well i wont be in your class's anymore now ! :p... my timetables changing tommorow

Euler

The colour of the manilla folder should not matter.

If you choose a different colour than the norm, then you will be able to find your assignment faster, when it is time to collect them.

Winston

HSC
well how do u know that carlito's timetable isn't changing too? :p :lol:
unless he's moving to SOFT 1901 (Advance) :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)