maths ext2??? (1 Viewer)

andyn

HSC
hey
yr 11 and i'm asking people who are doing ext2 maths.... is it hard? shud i try it? cuz i'm doing ok in maths atm..... any advice?:)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
andyn said:
hey
yr 11 and i'm asking people who are doing ext2 maths.... is it hard? shud i try it? cuz i'm doing ok in maths atm..... any advice?:)
Good at maths? Good at maths ext? Go for it! It won't harm you to just 'try' but there is a significant drop out rate. Of course it's hard!

If you are in year 11, read this first
(thread created by withoutaface in the maths extension 2 forum)

It's certainly hard and challenging but definitely rewarding and it may be enjoyable depending on your devotion and interest in maths.

bos1234

HSC
andyn said:
hey
yes do it. its fairly easy. you have probably learnt most of the stuff but just a bit of extension work. Just dont fall behind and you can get into 80's or maybe 90's

Last edited:

gcmk

HSC
would it be too much to handle if u had 12 units thats inc. math ext 2 and the other 8 units were like pretty demanding subjects??

bos1234

HSC
If you do 12 units and ext. 2 its obviously harder than doing doing 10 and ext 2. But MANY people do 12 units and get 99.

mat2154

HSC
four unit isn't too hard, it just requires heaps of time (ie more than all my other subjects put together). when you do four unit and you see three unit questions esp integration it makes you laugh

ellen.louise

HSC
Ahaha! "Is it hard"

well it's not easy.
You have to work really hard to keep on top of a growing mountain of work. But if you're good at maths most of the concepts aren't too hard to grasp. It's just those few questions that make you vomit.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
If you're good at 3U then definitely try 4U. Even if you're not too sure about it, you should at least try it, then you can drop it later if you need to. But, like everyone else has said, it's not too hard (some topics are easier, and some are harder), but you have to have pretty good organisational skills to deal with all the homework and extra work that you have to (or should) put in. And if you want to do well, then be prepared to spend long long nights doing many many past papers and questions, because the people who do this always get the best marks. But, if you tend to be lazy, disorganised (i dont mean messy, but structure/time-wise), or, well, lazy, then perhaps 4U isn't the right way to go.

And it scales pretty well too. :)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Give it a go.
Im really behind on my notes , so it accounts for how shit im doing in it.
It`s not so much hard , but I guess given the time frame of the exam , is what makes it so difficult.
We started with I thikn 43 people doing 4u at the beginning of year 12. Now seriously I think that number`s just over 30 , or possibly it`s even less now. So many dropped out.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I think we had 2-3 people drop out of MX2 this year.

someone123

HSC
Ok put it this way, if you don't have tutor! YOUR GONNA FAIL!!!
like me =) ive failed all my exams so far!!! ON A ROLL BABY!!

someone123

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Except I don't have a tutor and I'm not failing.

Argument pwned.
u make me feel stupid :mad1:
Bitch im gona go cut my self now!:bomb:

Nah, my school is extra hard on it, bloody asses! They use catholic papers and i fail =)

gcmk

HSC
just say if ur rank isn't that good in mx2 but ur still achieving ok marks..... would it affect u badly? wouldn't it be better to be getting much higher ranks in 2u?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)