maths ext2??? (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
gcmk said:
just say if ur rank isn't that good in mx2 but ur still achieving ok marks..... would it affect u badly? wouldn't it be better to be getting much higher ranks in 2u?
If you really love maths with all your heart then give maths ext. 2 a try.

If your ranks/marks are going to be worse than the state average, it's probably not worth your while doing maths ext 2 as you'll end up getting real good marks in 2u maths.

Scaled marks (for UAI) will probably end up being similar.

ordnaiv

Ethereal
HSC
yeah its definitely worth a try...overall, its difficulty and the massive amount of work in the subject is worthwhile if ur good at maths and/or love maths because the work u put in can be very rewarding in the end...

Last edited:

Dt 08

HSC
:wave:

is it hard to understand the concepts of maths ext 2

or is it more workload that makes it hard??

HSC
Hard? No, not really.

Should you try it? Everyone in ext1 should try it. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Well...providing you're at least decent in ext1 tests.

Dt 08 said:
:wave:

is it hard to understand the concepts of maths ext 2

or is it more workload that makes it hard??
I would say that, most of the time, you're trying to do something brain-dead easy, but it takes like 10 pages, and if you make a mistake in your algebra, you're screwed.

Sometimes you need to really think about how to solve something or how to solve it best (fastest, easiest, etc), but that comes with a bit of practise.

And then there are those questions at the end of the paper, where you just feel like saying, "well fuck that shit", and that is probably what you will do, as you will probably not get enough time for them.

Or maybe you will be better than me, and will :p

Last edited:

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
lol, just try it. Just don't slack off. Like, trying to cram four sections in the last week, for example. It's not like you've got anything to lose by picking it up :D

ordnaiv

Ethereal
HSC
^ yeah so true - once you get behind, it is so difficult to catch up especially with some teachers who seem to fly through the course! luckily I have the best maths ext 2 teacher who has a great program/outline thingy for teaching [he doesn't rush the course] lol

redom

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
We have a 20% drop out rate this year.
haha we had double that!....but my class only started off with 4 people:)

G

gaoOO

nichhhole said:
... if you're prepared to do 3 hours of maths a day go for it.
that's what i did in the 3 days lead up to my trial.

i think i'll be looking at ~60% :bomb:

leegem

HSC
beentherdunthat said:
Haha. I do major cramming before exams. Seems to work as well.... seeing I don't do anything the whole year. lol. XD
littlemaster said:
did someone say the concepts were dead easy???? i wouldnt go that far.....
but like question 7 and 8 are just absolute bitches!!!!!!

i also have a habit of last minute cramming which used to be of my way of passing with flying colours but it doesnt work for me anymore in 4u. No work throughout the year has really taken its toll.

the concepts of 4u are alright once you understand them...the understanding is half the work done. for the actual paper...you should be able to ace the first 4 questions, get most of the next 2 and for the last 2 i agree with littlemaster: "question 7 and 8 are just absolute bitches"

so if youre in year 11 and are thinking about 4u then you had better be prepared to work (unless youre REALLY good at maths)

beentherdunthat

HSC
Haha. I do major cramming before exams. Seems to work as well.... seeing I don't do anything the whole year. lol. XD

littlemaster

HSC
did someone say the concepts were dead easy???? i wouldnt go that far.....

but yeah the workload is def. the catch! i always tend to make more silly mistakes in 4u also, prob. due to the extensive calculations required.

but like question 7 and 8 are just absolute bitches!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)