Most annoying book of all time (2 Viewers)

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
lockie leonard books were sorta lame -which made them funny in a way
i couldnt get into emma at all- might have been the way they made us read it but i just didnt get it . i have the urge to read it now that i dont have to read it

THE most annoying book was most definitely Jesse Martin- LionHeart ; Journey of the human spirit or something along those lines
uggghhh he kept repeating what is record was allll the way through it !

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
MedNez said:
Harp in the South

Worst
English
Book
Ever!

It had no actual plot line.. it was just a recount for like 400 pages.
I totally reiterate that. When we did it at school about 95% of the year (no joke) failed the essay question on it in the exam.

JoeysBoy

HSC
samuelblayden said:
lockie lenord
lol. All of you others just got pwned by this suggestion.

Year 7 english corrupted my interest in books for several years. LOL! It was a JOKE!

Who was that other guy? I think he was a skateboardie... with a target audience years 6-8's.

keladry

lady knight
HSC
i wonder if there actually is a book that everyone hated. just curious.

somnambulist

J.D. Salinger's Catcher in the Rye.

I had to read it for my Yr 10 English class and hated it beyond belief. And Holden Caulfield is surely the most annoying and stupid protagonist of a story. Godamn phony.

And count me in in hating Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre. It was just so. slow. And I found myself hating Mr Rochestor, especially after I read the wonderful Wide Sargasso Sea, which is a novel written about Bertha, his mad wife in the attic. It's brilliant.

joyeeta

in a town which has a ute mounted on a pole ...
HSC
Enlightened_One said:
All you people whinging about Jane Austen probably only did Advanced English and and don't know what real pain is. I read Emma in one weekend, it's nothing comapred to Persuasion, which I had to read for Extension English. It's so tedious that it makes Emma seem like an action novel.
u r a turd, zif u'd be so judgemental and say u only did advanced english so u wudnt now. janes austen's books were sucky mainly because it seemed like an anglo lady with an upturned nose commenting on crap no one cares about. so to conclude the books i hate with a passion are the ones i have never finished
1. The Lord of the Rings (tedious, boring i painfully made it to the first 50 pages)
2. Mansfield Park (crap crap crappity crap, i had 2 read it for ext eng in yr 11, didnt even finish)

walrusbear

HSC
somnambulist said:
J.D. Salinger's Catcher in the Rye.

I had to read it for my Yr 10 English class and hated it beyond belief. And Holden Caulfield is surely the most annoying and stupid protagonist of a story. Godamn phony.
poor Holden :(

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
^^ I hate Dr Suess's books too, never understood why they're so famous, bleh. Lockie Leonard, Jane Austen, books with 2nd person narrative.

NDSUTHERLAND

HSC
The Symmillarian by JRR TOLKEIN (I think that's how you spell it).
After the first 23 pages i just give up and i usually always finish a book. I was told that it was gud once u got into it but thos first 23 pages were agony.

laura_beth

HSC
N/A
sevenpuddings said:
The Lake at the End of the World

It was horrible.... never again
hahahahaha our yr 6 teacher mr brown read that to us! everyone thought he was a robot, and his flat tone didn't make the book any more interesting :p I made reading time 'nap time' when we did that book

Lundy

Banned
HSC
brogan77 said:
Sif not like Dr Seuss, uncultured philistines. :p

I do not like green eggs & ham
I do not like them
Sam, I am
I do not like them here or there
I do not like them anywhere

Thats all I can remember. :(

Personally, Jane Austen should die for her crimes against me.
I used to get headaches whenever I read Dr. Suess. All that repetition repetition.

Although I do have "Sam I Am" on the back of my year 12 jersey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)