Most ANNOYING things when Driving (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
I dont understand when people indicate in a one laned road [in each direction] when avoiding turning cars..

For example.. imagine a wide minor road shaped like a cross intersection.. two lanes, one going up, one going down.. then there's a road running right across it..

Someone wants to turn right.. so they stop on the right side of that single lane.. if you're going straight.. you just go towards the left of the lane and keep going straight..

But some people like to indicate left.. pass the stopped car.. indicate right.. but THERE'S ONLY ONE LANE!!

When they indicate left it confuses me as they indicate left whilst driving towards a left turn.. but then they go straight! Then they indicate right again, and I'm just like wtf.. do you want to turn into your driveway now?? I wouldnt mind so much if it's just one blink, but these people indicate left and right for several seconds whilst going straight..

Also, people that indicate on every corner whilst going around a rectangle shaped parking lot.. I tend to slow down when people indicate just incase they want to reverse park..

mashiibo

HSC
1. Tailgaters - im on a motorcycle scooter so it freks me out like crazy..its not like i dont have enough strong wind trrying to blow me off the road already >.<

2. Other motorcyclists who speed past me..tch..

3. People who look at me wierd or laugh..damn its not my fault the helmet makes me look like i have a bubble head...

I dont like driving cars so i stick to a motorcycle...and no its not as scary as some people thinks..

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
1. tailgaters
2. people who fly around blind corners on the wrong side of the road, speeding, and then blare their horn at YOU as they go past like it's your fault that you both nearly got smeared across the road.
3. cyclists. KILL THEM ALL. fucking hell, if there's no path for you to cycle on, then don't cycle. Don't get on your little pathetic pushbike and pedal weakly in the middle of the road for a 5km stretch where i can't overtake you. i don't care if you have to ride on the side of the road in all the bushes and nettles and whatever else. you probably deserve it.

:)

yeah and i'm still on my L's :eek:

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
3. cyclists. KILL THEM ALL. fucking hell, if there's no path for you to cycle on, then don't cycle
Fact: All cyclists are meant to be on the road. Stupid law imo.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
They should only be allowed to ride on bike tracks. If I drove my car around everywhere at 30km/h I would be busted by the cops... what they do is exactly the same... the only difference is when you stop at a light they drive past you again and everyone has to re-overtake them... so they are actually worse.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
CieL said:
I dont understand when people indicate in a one laned road [in each direction] when avoiding turning cars.. etc
I failed my Ps for not indicating in that situation. I was keeping left so I didn't have to swerve left or anything and i didnt indicate and then i McFailed.

About bikes, I think they should ride on the footpath if it's clear, or keep as faaaar left on the road as possible. Ride in the gutter etc. I'm scared I'll hit them so I always give them a wide berth.

Or they could move somewhere where there are designated bike tracks.

Last edited:

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
I'm actually considering buying a bike to get around on. I'd stick to bike lanes and bus lanes as much as possible though, and if I needed to turn right on a busy road I'd do a hook turn, thus keeping out of everyone's way. Isn't that how it's meant to be done?

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
CieL said:
^ "hook turn"?
The fat pizza thing, which is how it works in Melbourne.

Basically left lane turns right and right lane turns left, or something like that.

= LOL

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
CieL said:
^ "hook turn"?
It's easier with a diagram but I'll try explain in words. Basically say you're riding along in the left lane of a multilane road in fairly heavy traffic and you want to turn right at the next intersection. You go as far left as possible then wait about half-way across the intersection (leaving enough room for cars wanting to turn left), this is fine because the cross traffic has a red light. Anyway you wait there until your (green) light goes orange, wait for the cars to stop and in that moment you make your right turn, heading to the left lane on the crossroad. Then the cross traffic gets a green light and it all goes on as normal.

In Melbourne you often have to do this when driving as well, since if you were waiting in the right lane to turn right you'd be holding up the trams. AFAIK they have dedicated hook turn lanes and signals though I'm not sure on this. To do such a manoeuvre in a car in Sydney, though, is illegal, but it's fine if you're on a pushbike.

Last edited:

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Oi fuck dude I think I may kill someone.

Wikipedia said:
  1. Through traffic and left turns proceed first, while the right turns queue up as to not impede through traffic.
  2. After the through traffic stops, the queued cars make their turns.
  3. Finally, the cross traffic proceeds as usual.
In Melbourne, the hook turn lane is just another lane, cars queue while the light is green, and then proceed when the light turns red or amber

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
mr_brightside said:
I reckon.

fuck if some hardass cunt runs the red, you're well fucked.
Running red lights is just ignorant. Course I slam it to 150 every now and then, but running a red light is just asking for a beating...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)