motivation (1 Viewer)

doodydo

HSC
N/A
just started Year 12 and i know i will be freaking out.

School gave us heaps of work to do in hols but can't bring myself to do it. Is anyone else finding this?

Someone scare me into doing work!

also- for the experienced kids- any advice for incoming yr 12?

HSC
advice would be get scared but not depressed- a defeatist attitude will totally screw you out of doing well. and yes, the homework you get is really important- wat with exams and assessments you won't have enough time to cram everything into your brain so it so important to do lots of homework along the way. the only real time you have to do that is in this lovely holiday period so GET TO WORK!!!

^___^
HSC
hmmm..motivation...

set goals...work towards them...try ur best....

and most of all, don't let any negative comments affect you

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Go to the library and do them!

At home there are so many distractions, but with the library, there's nothing to do there except study!

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
Go to the library and do them!

At home there are so many distractions, but with the library, there's nothing to do there except study!
yea, at home u have distractions such as computer games
like Warcraft3, CS, diablo2 and so much more!!

ain't i corect rage?

happyyappygurl

I am in Yr 11 though but I think this particular quote may help, it is relevant and true ( that's for you to judge)
" If you think you can or you think you can't your'e right" Anon.
I think that belief is vital definitely, don't let others put you down about your capabilities, you are the ulitmate one who knows what you are trully capable of.
So start Believing you can! I'm starting on that right now!

is a roflcopter
HSC
you can afford to fuck around and game until trials
then the shit hits the fan and you gotta cram it

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Originally posted by ...
yea, at home u have distractions such as computer games
like Warcraft3, CS, diablo2 and so much more!!

ain't i corect rage?
YES YOU ARE!

CURSE THEM DISTRACTING GAMES!

Lainee

HSC
:D Every time I go to my local library to study, I end up reading the mags or newspapers. Don't ever say there are no distractions at the library. :p

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Originally posted by Lainee
:D Every time I go to my local library to study, I end up reading the mags or newspapers. Don't ever say there are no distractions at the library. :p
Well it's probably less distracting than staying at home :)

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
nahhh...too many good looking girls there cant concentrate
ahh..ic, the temptating of a teenage boy..

i've been through that stage...and yea, its hard to deal with it..best thing to do is think your a homo and turn ur attention to boys ;)

santaslayer

HSC
but the only way to do good is to do near perfection assessment tasks as this will increase ur rank (which is worth 50%) of ur hsc...u have to be competitive up to and including ur trials in order to get a good mark. once that is over, u must cooperate and work as a team to do good in the external hsc (worth another 50%) becoz the combined marks of the school is important in calculating ur uai. ie. if class avg is higher than the state's avg in a course than ur mark is significantly increased or "scaled"

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Motivation comes from setting goals, set yourself to do something, and then when you have achieved your goal, reward yourself with something you dont get very often.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
i dunno about ne 1 else.. but this website done the wonders for me... its really motivated me to do good in my last year

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
ooooooh, how I DO remember that feeling !!!
Never felt motivated to do school work during the holidays.

Feel for ya ! Being holidays now, it does make it so much more difficult to get motivated and/or concentrate !

But as everyone else has said set goals. That's what you are working for to achieve the goals you have set. For 2 months prior to exams I had pinned up all my Uni brochures I got from open days - kind of like having my goals there to be seen everyday - it worked kept me focused and stopped getting up every hr for a break.

NOW....................... get started on that holiday work
!!! ..................................... I'm just kidding ................... just kidding .......

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
getting motivated is the worst part of yr 12. don't worry, you are not alone.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
---- by now u must have had enuf fun.....now say to ur self..ok...i had enuf and i must get back to study.....u must compromise...like it will be ur unfairness with urself if do not just say ''STOP!" to ur self

---- Have ur goals stuck infront of you

---- Use a diary as, when u have a look at the end of the day...ud be glad at how much u have done!

Last edited:

Lainee

HSC
Originally posted by lil_star
---- Have ur goals stick infront of you
Heheh! I have '99.3' (the UAI I need) painted onto sheets of paper and stuck in every room of my house. One is right next to the TV, so when I'm watching tv I also see the sign and feel guilty and get back to work (that's the psychology, working so far!).

My study room has been fully fixed up for this year. :p I bought a wall-to-wall whiteboard, yearly planner, sort my books, filed my old notes, bought textbooks, printed out past papers... so when I actually intend to get some studying done ;) my room is well equiped. I'm quite scarily motivated - I think I might be a good motivational speaker one day! Woo!

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Originally posted by Lainee

My study room has been fully fixed up for this year. :p I bought a wall-to-wall whiteboard, yearly planner, sort my books, filed my old notes, bought textbooks, printed out past papers... so when I actually intend to get some studying done ;) my room is well equiped. I'm quite scarily motivated - I think I might be a good motivational speaker one day! Woo!
yeah...buying new stuff or getting tutored is a good strategy..

firstly...buying new stuff makes u willing to use it...well it worked for me

secondly...getting tutored scared me that my parents are spending so much,....so i must study and do well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)