motivation (1 Viewer)

Numero Uno

HSC
Originally posted by Lainee
Heheh! I have '99.3' (the UAI I need) painted onto sheets of paper and stuck in every room of my house. One is right next to the TV, so when I'm watching tv I also see the sign and feel guilty and get back to work (that's the psychology, working so far!).

My study room has been fully fixed up for this year. :p I bought a wall-to-wall whiteboard, yearly planner, sort my books, filed my old notes, bought textbooks, printed out past papers... so when I actually intend to get some studying done ;) my room is well equiped. I'm quite scarily motivated - I think I might be a good motivational speaker one day! Woo!
What are u planning on doing ?

Lainee

HSC
Hmm, prolly Com/Law @ UNSW. So I might have to go around and change it to 99.6 or something in a month. *cringes*

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
does anyone have like a mantra that u say to urself.. i think its probably useful but i cant find one i really like. But one quote i have is motivation is wat gets u started, habit is wat keeps you going and i think thats good. anyone got a mantra?

= Jennifer =

HSC
thanks guys for these ideas i might put some of them to use......i just thought of another one..maybe reading all the year 12 2003 marks and see how well they have done it might motivate you to think i want to do as well as them

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
well... being on this website helps enuff... seeing all past yr 12 students doing so well has motivated u to do good... i spose this will be every1s most exciting yr of skool
last year for eva!!!! yay... n it dont last long eitha.. time to say goodbye to a routine uve been in all ur life

olay

HSC
yeah...buying new stuff or getting tutored is a good strategy..
LoL i hear yah. :S man i feel so guilty bout the whole tutoring thing...i'm doing 2hrs maths + i do piano....so they're forking out about $90 a wk. MAJOR guiltness. i was so angst cause mom was like "RAHRAH you can't study and then go out anymore" etc [HELLO!!! SUMMER HOLIDAYS...last chance of freedom til post HSC]. I was originally going to do 1 hr tutoring only. but now that its 2...i feel like i owe it to them to glue my face to books for 9 or 10 months. :S

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
i hate anybody who semi-buys their way through the hsc (tutoring). i cant afford it but will get a fantastic UAI anyway. i have a good tutor...my amazing brain.

Yes yes me i have a good mantra - "If it takes someone else to get YOU motivated, you're betraying yourself and sacrificing what could be a great skill" like it?

Yeah if i need motivation i just imagine how sweet itll be when everybody i ever knew sees my name in the paper, or hears about my UAI like in the week when they come out. oh sweet sweet victory.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
To get motivated, I always say to myself...
"Just do it you idiot! So you can do something else later!"

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
ive stuck my goals everywhere!!! lol that should keep me motivated.. i really want to go to uni (alot of my friends didnt get in :()
yes i want to be in the paper.. i want a band 6
try not to leave assessments to last minute.. think of all the things that could come up the night before to stop u from leaving it lol
UTLILISE STUDY PERIODS

= Jennifer =

HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
ive stuck my goals everywhere!!! lol that should keep me motivated.. i really want to go to uni (alot of my friends didnt get in :() yes i want to be in the paper.. i want a band 6 try not to leave assessments to last minute.. think of all the things that could come up the night before to stop u from leaving it lol
UTLILISE STUDY PERIODS
thanks cro_angel you summed up everything i wanted to say :p

Numero Uno

HSC
Originally posted by skypryn
i hate anybody who semi-buys their way through the hsc (tutoring). i cant afford it but will get a fantastic UAI anyway. i have a good tutor...my amazing brain.

Yes yes me i have a good mantra - "If it takes someone else to get YOU motivated, you're betraying yourself and sacrificing what could be a great skill" like it?

Yeah if i need motivation i just imagine how sweet itll be when everybody i ever knew sees my name in the paper, or hears about my UAI like in the week when they come out. oh sweet sweet victory.
I agree With your theory !!
ur a genius!!

i hate people that go to tutoring in math thinking they are the best , cause theyve done it before ..
and at the end of the topic
I beat Em1!!
Just cause of my hard work !! something to be proud of :D

abdooooo!!!

Banned
yeah man, tutoring is never enough. i say never. :mad:

if you want to get ahead of everyone else, you need multiple tutors... your brain, your eyes, your leg, your hand, your nose, and ass.

so am i a genius? :D

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
yeah, numero uno is right. i am a genius. see you guys at the finish line...+ an extra $5000 that i DIDNT spend on tutoring + an extra $20000 from my uni sholarship...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)