MQ Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
I wanted to do actuarial without moving out of home. So unsw was off the tables. Mq is a 2 hour drive so it works

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly if I make it to this Friday without having ansmalk breakdown i deserve a medal. Stupid group work!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
When you think of a good idea for part of your essay but no-one seems to have written anything related to what you want to say ;(

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly if I make it to this Friday without having ansmalk breakdown i deserve a medal. Stupid group work!
Most of the time group work just teaches us to hate people....

Don't have a breakdown, you can do it!

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Any of you on the hunt for internships currently?

hovamagna

HSC
N/A
Why is CA so confusing, or maybe it's just me. It doesn't look like they recognise a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) from MQ uni but they recognise bachelor of commerce professional accounting. i actually chose all my electives in my degree the same ones as the professional accounting degree.

uhh..

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Why is CA so confusing, or maybe it's just me. It doesn't look like they recognise a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) from MQ uni but they recognise bachelor of commerce professional accounting. i actually chose all my electives in my degree the same ones as the professional accounting degree.

uhh..
Ring them up?

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad

uhh..
If they don't recognise your degree, you need to pay to have it assessed to see if you meet all the knowledge areas. In theory, if you complete the same units as the BCom(Professional Accounting) you shouldn't have any issues.

There is a list up on the CA site that shows the knowledge areas within the accredited degree, so to be safe follow this list of units and double check it matches.

The BCom with Accounting major does miss some of their core areas.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Thoroughly not enjoying uni

Having to put in effort with energy I don't have [emoji23]

How y'all been

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Thoroughly not enjoying uni

Having to put in effort with energy I don't have [emoji23]

How y'all been

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
This week is death week for me, and lots of people I know.

However I'll be fine after 2pm on Friday!

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I'm also in the death train here. Group assignments for me down and I've realised (in classic Dept of Computing fashion) that we have an assignment due in <2 weeks that hasn't been released. So it's going to be a rush to get that one done. (Again being the Dept of Computing, the assignment will have nonsensical requests, bad English throughout and probably won't work in the required tool :lol:)

Please kill me nowwwwww

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Submitted an assignment on turn it in. I guess that means that my semester has finally started.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Fellow first years that have/had part-time jobs. Do you feel like it'd be better or the same if you quit your part-time job? I'm mostly working weekends and Monday mornings. 4:30am shifts in the morning on a Monday and 7-9 hour shifts on weekends drain me, making me feel really ceebs to study on the day.

So basically I have like 3 days a week to study which should be plenty but still feeling really lazy since there is barely homework for my units, and assignments aren't due till ages away. I don't really need the job other than for spending, and mainly got it during the holidays for experience, so I'm considering quitting. I feel I might be more productive with more free time.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)