MQ Open Day 2005 (1 Viewer)

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
Whats all this talk of going home afterwards?! Its conception day guys and girls! We should all just crash on the grass down by the lake, so we wake up with a beautiful view of the sunrise... and be surrounded by ducks.
Option B is always to get carried away to a dark alley or apartment by a total stranger if you ever pass out. You might see the sunrise but you won't be waking up to ducks.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
bscienceboi said:
Option B is always to get carried away to a dark alley or apartment by a total stranger if you ever pass out. You might see the sunrise but you won't be waking up to ducks.
depends. does this theoretical stranger own any ducks that he keeps indoors? Or maybe his last name is 'Ducks.' You see, there are soo many possibilities....

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Cyan_phoeniX said:
depends. does this theoretical stranger own any ducks that he keeps indoors? Or maybe his last name is 'Ducks.' You see, there are soo many possibilities....
Well then, I could go to Conception Day and see a purple monkey wearing hotpants singing and dancing to Cher while riding on the back of a white rhino that has somehow managed to dig a hole from Taronga Zoo all the way to Macquarie University. The possibilities are endless...

X

xeuyrawp

Götterfunken said:
But surely to a duck, the colour of the pill is largely a matter of pro-feminist propaganda, or should I say propaducka?
hahah, yeh <3

Also, why be consul when you can have maius imperum proconsulare potestas?

X

xeuyrawp

Götterfunken said:
But surely to a duck, the colour of the pill is largely a matter of pro-feminist propaganda, or should I say propaducka?
Also- do you realise that your av is actually the coat of arms of the modern-day Rome? The Classical Roman one has SPQR with a wreath around it.

Götterfunken

HSC
PwarYuex said:
Also- do you realise that your av is actually the coat of arms of the modern-day Rome? The Classical Roman one has SPQR with a wreath around it.
Yeah, I couldn't find an appropriate image of SPQR with a wreath around it. I was hoping no-one would point that out. :p

Götterfunken

HSC
For those that where at the open day, you may remember one of the tents near the E7B building a (mq?) student was running a survey about a down turn in students picking science type courses, etc. The survey was two pages, and required some thought to complete. A reward for fulling out this survey was the chance to win either a Borders or Co-op book voucher.

Long story short, I just got a phone call from the person that was doing it, and she told me I had won the co-op book voucher! Hurrah! I so rarely win things, so I’m one happy little boy, let me tell you.

:D

X

xeuyrawp

Götterfunken said:
For those that where at the open day, you may remember one of the tents near the E7B building a (mq?) student was running a survey about a down turn in students picking science type courses, etc. The survey was two pages, and required some thought to complete. A reward for fulling out this survey was the chance to win either a Borders or Co-op book voucher.

Long story short, I just got a phone call from the person that was doing it, and she told me I had won the co-op book voucher! Hurrah! I so rarely win things, so I’m one happy little boy, let me tell you.

Ok, well you're new so I'll cut you a break.

This is how you convert The Standard Dollar (TSD) to the Co-op Dollar (COD). Both, confusingly, use the $ sign, with both calling their currency 'The Australian Dollar'. Most confusingly is that they use the same notes and coins, and will withdraw money from your TSD bank-account using the COD value:

You find the current conversion rate for teh Japanese Yen to the Australian Dollar. At the moment, it's something like 1:0.01175. Although it's slightly different (0.012), I like to say that the Yen and the COD have the same numerical conversion.

Anyway, so you walk into the Co-op shop with your 100 TSD note (it's green). You pick up your books and note that, whilst you pay with your green 'Australian' note, you've suddenly moved into a world where the COD rules- with a factor of just more than 1:100- you've taken in the green note, but it's worth has somehow DROPPED to that of the big gold coin.

Generally speaking, students find that the conversion rate changes so much that they have to sell their clothes, engagement rings, and mobile phones just to buy books.

That being said. What value is your voucher?

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Götterfunken said:
For those that where at the open day, you may remember one of the tents near the E7B building a (mq?) student was running a survey about a down turn in students picking science type courses, etc.

There seems to much concern regarding the lack of science students in Australia.

:rolleyes: Maybe they will offer better incentives in the not-so far future.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I hated being on that stall. I had some poor guy who I conned into doing it. Every question he asked my opinion: "What do you think of when you hear 'science'? I reply "Dr. Who", so he writes it. Next, "What do you think of when you hear 'technology'"? I reply "Computers". He says, "I was thinking Microsoft".

*Sigh*

Last edited:

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
"What do you think of when you hear 'science'? I reply "Dr. Who"

Interesting word association.
:rolleyes:

I always think of the theme song to Dr. Who

Götterfunken

HSC
MaryJane said:
I hated being on that stall. I had some poor guy who I conned into doing it. Every question he asked my opinion: "What do you think of when you hear 'science'? I reply "Dr. Who", so he writes it. Next, "What do you think of when you hear 'technology'"? I reply "Computers". He says, "I was thinking Microsoft".

*Sigh*
What time where you stallin'?

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
bscienceboi said:
Interesting word association.
:rolleyes:

I always think of the theme song to Dr. Who
Exactly. So it just goes to show how little interest I have in science, engineering etc.

Götterfunken said:
What time where you stallin'?
I was between 11-12 I think...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)