Multiple choice answers right here.. (1 Viewer)

prusso

HSC
i agree with u on 17 and 14 but the others u got wrong disco dave

and v-tech dont be overconfident mate, quality over quantity anyday.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
1) C, i didnt think IMF had any control over the forex market. but they did help developing countries with finanical problems and assistance

tat's World bank's thino~~~

PhiL

Yeh i got all of those answers but im pretty sure Q17 is B Because FL=FD + FE and in the first year:
FD + 90 = 150 {therefore FD = 60)

Second year:
FD + 250 = 300 {therefore FD = 50)
So i thought FD was in fact decreasing so it wasnt a so i but B).
THats my reasoning but someone will probably prove me wrong!

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
prusso said:
i agree with u on 17 and 14 but the others u got wrong disco dave

and v-tech dont be overconfident mate, quality over quantity anyday.
explain.... 15 has to be C, theres no other answer in there that net income could be. unless ommisions are a few million dollars that year!

masteraal

14B doesnt make sense...thats why i put it :p

export price/import price *100 gives u terms of trade
if export increases and import decreases obviously TOT goes up
it cannot by definition go down

therefore 14.A

sgt

ugh i'm stupid d for 6
i would like 15 to be C but masteraal convinced me otherwise
i still think b for 17... some1 back me up heh
i thought investment goes into capital account...20 A........ugh y not heh
ahh well 16/20 if those are right

S

Shuter

disco_dave said:
1) C, i didnt think IMF had any control over the forex market. but they did help developing countries with finanical problems and assistance

10) C (interest rates will increaser to tight ecomony and lower inflation... decrease in income tax rates [is that the percentage not the bracket??] which will encourage people to become employed, thus increase umemployment)

14) B, think this could have been which ever way you interpert it... i thought TOT will deteriorate becuase less exports will be sold and more imports bought, > worsening of TOT)

15) C for sure, two accounts = 0

17) A, net foreign is still increasing but at a slower rate. Although i can see B being right too.

thats my reasons...
1. No, the IMF is to smooth out currencies resulting in trade being more reliable. D is 100% the correct answer.

10. Please explain how encouraging people to be employed will increase unemployment.

14. Terms of trade is export/price over import price. I think I just didn't read the question.

that's right, two accounts equal 0 therefore current + Cap&Fin = 0 therefore current account = -Cap&financial. I fucked this but it'a A not C.

Net foreign debt is not increasing, Netforiegn liabilities = net foriegn debt + net foreign equity. Answer is B.

masteraal

disco_dave said:
explain.... 15 has to be C, theres no other answer in there that net income could be. unless ommisions are a few million dollars that year!
i explained it before
read first page mate :)

Acid

HSC
Got 19/20 I think.. w00t! :)

Fucken misread one of the questions....

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
argh im lost... this is moving to quick. 10 i read wrong, shit. i thought employment was increasing down the bottom. my bad

masteraal wheres the first page??

S

Shuter

How bout that the only 2 I got wrong were 14 and 15, I must have been distracted or something, they were just silly silly errors. There was a fucking teacher talking loudly at that point I think.

JoyDivision

Is Big In Japan
HSC
My Answers;

1.D
2.B
3.A
4.C
5.A
6.B
7.B
8.D
9.D
10.D
11.A
12.C
13.D
14.A
15.A
16.D
17.B
18.A
19.C
20.C

I'm not sure if theyre right, 18/20 for me too. Or it could be 19, not sure.

Anyway, one of the deputy principals at school set this test. He was responsible for Short Answer, which I thought, in his words, was 'searching'

Last year the average score on m/c was 15.8 Board Of Studies heard that and went 'No Bloody Way Mate' so they had to make it really hard this year. I have a feeling the average is going to be signifigantly below that this year.

I think its the World Bank thats responsible for lending money etc to poor, developing countries.

nova

HSC
17. is definitly (B)

Year 1 - equity as proportion of foreign liabilities is 60%
Year 2 - equity as proportion of foreign liabilities is 83 1/3%

Therefor answer B - Equity investment as a proportion of foreign liabilities is increasing.

ar5ena1

HSC
surely 17 has to be (B) - how do we know anythign about NET foriegn liabilities, the only statics we have are on foriegn liabilities, there is a major difference, hence the only correct answer is B.

19/20

dancegal

HSC
i got b for 17 too...i thought net foreign debt decreased from 60 to 50 and equity investment increased from 60% to around 80% of foreign liabilities
those mc were soooooo hard..was 14 a or b coz i got b??? if the value of the $ increases doesnt that make our exports more expensive, imports cheaper and therefor a deterioration of terms of trade?

sgt

looks like 17 must be B......sic 17/20 for me...would 'ave liked 20...ugh i'm losing site of a band 6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)