multiple choice answers (2 Viewers)

Lordie

HSC
m.incognito said:
the answer's c because it's sex linked, there is no trait corresponding on the Y chromosome that can cancel out the disease.

therefore 1 and 3 are normal and 2 is a carrier (females need 2 defected genes to have the phenotype)
Ah, true. What was I thinking. =(. 14/15. Dang.

HSC
Lordie said:
The last question - I put the person 1 was a carrier, person two(the female was not affected, and person three was a carrier. I said this because it was sex linked, and the son's of the parents, some of them had it. So wasn't that B?
i put normal, carrier, normal. if person three had it they would have died, because they were a guy and that means nothing to mask out the trait.

EDIT: got beaten to the answer lol.

could someone please scan the paper?

farmer123

HSC
any one know what the answer to the ectotherm endotherm one was?

Lordie

HSC
Same! It was D. When the temp of the cage heats, the body temp heats in the animal!

Azurie

HSC
For 6 I got C, because I thought ecotherms can't control metabolism? can someone explain please, though I debated between D and C for 5 minutes LOL

HSC
Azurie said:
For 6 I got C, because I thought ecotherms can't control metabolism? can someone explain please, though I debated between D and C for 5 minutes LOL
ectotherms fluctuate with the environment hence when the temp of the cage increases, so do they and their metabolism

EDITED FOR 'ENDOTHERM' TYPO.

Last edited:

Azurie

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
endotherms fluctuate with the environment hence when the temp of the cage increases, so do they and their metabolism
But the question says D It was a was ectotherm, not a endotherm, C says its a Endotherm , the tempreature was less than the cage, therefore the animal has controlled its tempreature even though its ambient tempreature is different, unless you had a typo in your reply

HSC
Azurie said:
But the question says D was a ectotherm, not a endotherm, C says its a Ecotherm , the tempreature was less than the cage, therefore the animal has controlled its tempreature even though its ambient tempreature is different, unless you had a typo in your reply
oops, i wrote endotherm instead of ectotherm. i meant ectotherm lol

Azurie

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
oops, i wrote endotherm instead of ectotherm. i meant ectotherm lol
Yeah it does make sense, because its a ectotherm because it can't slow down its metabolism as a result of the tempreature increase? I was so close to putting D :p

HSC
Azurie said:
Yeah it does make sense, because its a ectotherm because it can't slow down its metabolism as a result of the tempreature increase? I was so close to putting D :p
exactly. ectotherms are not in control. sorry :(

Hugh2068

HSC
I put "C" because I think they were trying to trick us with the old, "warm - blooded" endotherm misconception - The fact is, the endotherm could keep a stable temperature despite a change in the environment's temperature

Matt007123

HSC
Azurie said:
No i am positive the answer was C
as in D as the temp increases its metabolism increases and when an organisms metabolism increases this is because the temperature is decreasing not increasing as an increase in metabolism produces heat, thus the answer was C

danz90

HSC
My answers were:

1. D
2. A
3. B
4. B
5. C
6. D
7. A
8. C
9. B
10. B
11. B
12. D
13. D
14. A
15. C

According to my teacher, this is 15/15
but maybe i screwd one or two, can anyone confirm my answers?

HSC
danz90 said:
My answers were:

1. D
2. A
3. B
4. B
5. C
6. D
7. A
8. C
9. B
10. B
11. B
12. D
13. D
14. A
15. C

According to my teacher, this is 15/15
but maybe i screwd one or two, can anyone confirm my answers?
i would. unfortunately i don't have the paper. does anyone have it, or can they post one word saying what the question was so i'll remember my answer (i remember answers, not letters).

^ nevermind that question, you said in the other thread you'd try so thanks :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)