multiple choice answers (1 Viewer)

Wehmer

HSC
6 is definitely D. Ectotherms internal temperature rise according to increases in temperature of the outside environment. It's why lizards and other ectotherms need sunlight to "power" their metabolism.

I got either 12/15 or 13/15, which is great for me >_> I forget what answer I put for 15, but oh well. Anyway, I was a bit annoyed, because I knew Maintaining a Balance the most and there was (what felt like) a severe shortage of questions in that department. Oh well.

Wehmer

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
i would. unfortunately i don't have the paper. does anyone have it, or can they post one word saying what the question was so i'll remember my answer (i remember answers, not letters)
1. Which blood vessels in humans contain structures that allow blood to flow in only one direction?

Answer: D - veins (valves)

2. Which of the following pathogen types cause diseases that can be treated with antibiotics?

Answer: A - Bacteria

3. To protect a farm animal from a plant toxin, a gene for resistance to the toxin was transferred to the farm animal.

Which term best describes this process?

Answer: B - Genetic Engineering

I could keep going if you guys would like?

HSC
Wehmer said:
1. Which blood vessels in humans contain structures that allow blood to flow in only one direction?

2. Which of the following pathogen types cause diseases that can be treated with antibiotics?

3. To protect a farm animal from a plant toxin, a gene for resistance to the toxin was transferred to the farm animal.

woot, got all the same answers so far. umm, i dunno, i think danz90 said he was going to try to scan the paper? (or perhaps that was in the other thread)

jozza80

Enthusiasm
HSC
tau281290 said:
How do you observe metabolism btw??
What happens when the cage is heated to 1000 degrees and the animal is located in the middle (hovering) not touching the sides, you would expect it to be a not so hot charred mess...

But you do have a mighty point! (Shit)

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
i think i got 13/15. i got 12 and 15 wrong LOL
omg the two i got wrong were so easy... if only i had time to check....

was was the correct answer for 15?

imqt

Premium Member
HSC
Wehmer said:

go for it =)

imqt

Premium Member
HSC
gloworm14 said:
i think i got 13/15. i got 12 and 15 wrong LOL right answers were: 12 D and 15 D supposedly

15 is C not D

SAMOKILO

HSC
the Questions were
1) Which blood vessels in humans contain structures that allow blood to flow in only one direction?
A) Arteries
B) Capillaries
C) Lymph Vessles
D) Veins

2) Which of the following pathogen types cause diseases that can be treated with antibiotics?
a)Bacteria
b) Macro- parasites
c) prions
d) Viruses

3) To prtoect a farm animal from a plant toxin, a gene for resistance to the toxin was transferred to the farm animal.
which term best describes this process?
A)Cloning
B) genetic enginerring
C)artificial pollination
D) artificial insemination

4) Which process involves detecting changes from a stable state then counteracting these changes?
A)Enantiostasis
B) Homeostasis
C) Osmosis
D) phagocytosis

5) why are polio vaccinations effective?
A) they cause an inflammation response resulting in the production of antibodies that engulf the polio virus if it enters the body
B) They cause an immune result resulting in the production of cytotxic (killer) T cells that remain in the blood attacking all viruses that enter the body
C) They cause an immune response resulting in the production of memory B cells that provide a rapid response if infected by the polio virus
D) They cause an inflammation response resulting in the production of memory T cells that provide a limited response if infected by the polio virus

6) Some students carried out investigations to determine wheter a newly discovered animal was an ectotherm or an endotherm. each student made one observation and conslusion.
what is the correct conclusion based on the observation?
A) It was not a mammal - ectotherm
B) Its body temp was 37 degrees - endotherm
C) its temperature was less than the temperature of the cage - endotherm
D) its temperature and metabolism increased when the cage temperature increased - ectotherm

7) Which processes result in genetic variation of offspring?
A)DNA mutation and gamete formation
B) Cel differentiation and gamete formation
C) DNA mutation and polypetide production
D) cell differentiation and polypeptide production

theres half of them

jozza80

Enthusiasm
HSC
gloworm14 said:
i think i got 13/15. i got 12 and 15 wrong LOL

was was the correct answer for 15?
If individual 3 was affected. He would have died too young to make some babies... Therefore you would expect C to be the correct answer..

Maybe you were right after-all.

Last edited:

Jono10

HSC
Thanks people for answers: btw justfor confirmation for others, the correct mutiple choice is

1. D

2. A

3. B

4. B

5. C

6. D

7. A

8. C

9. B

10. B

11. B

12. D

13. D

14. A

15. C

Im so happy, i got 15/15, hopefully the rest of the paper will be good aswell.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
sigh i screwed up my multichoice, i rushed them too much, there goes a few marks

HSC
SAMOKILO said:
the Questions were
1) Which blood vessels in humans contain structures that allow blood to flow in only one direction?
A) Arteries
B) Capillaries
C) Lymph Vessles
D) Veins

2) Which of the following pathogen types cause diseases that can be treated with antibiotics?
a)Bacteria
b) Macro- parasites
c) prions
d) Viruses

3) To prtoect a farm animal from a plant toxin, a gene for resistance to the toxin was transferred to the farm animal.
which term best describes this process?
A)Cloning
B) genetic enginerring
C)artificial pollination
D) artificial insemination

4) Which process involves detecting changes from a stable state then counteracting these changes?
A)Enantiostasis
B) Homeostasis
C) Osmosis
D) phagocytosis

5) why are polio vaccinations effective?
A) they cause an inflammation response resulting in the production of antibodies that engulf the polio virus if it enters the body
B) They cause an immune result resulting in the production of cytotxic (killer) T cells that remain in the blood attacking all viruses that enter the body
C) They cause an immune response resulting in the production of memory B cells that provide a rapid response if infected by the polio virus
D) They cause an inflammation response resulting in the production of memory T cells that provide a limited response if infected by the polio virus

6) Some students carried out investigations to determine wheter a newly discovered animal was an ectotherm or an endotherm. each student made one observation and conslusion.
what is the correct conclusion based on the observation?
A) It was not a mammal - ectotherm
B) Its body temp was 37 degrees - endotherm
C) its temperature was less than the temperature of the cage - endotherm
D) its temperature and metabolism increased when the cage temperature increased - ectotherm

7) Which processes result in genetic variation of offspring?
A)DNA mutation and gamete formation
B) Cel differentiation and gamete formation
C) DNA mutation and polypetide production
D) cell differentiation and polypeptide production

theres half of them
awesome, thanks.

so far i had:

1. d
2. a
3. b
4. b
5. c
6. d
7. a

Last edited:

SAMOKILO

HSC
Jono10 said:
Thanks people for answers: btw justfor confirmation for others, the correct mutiple choice is

1. D

2. A

3. B

4. B

5. C

6. D

7. A

8. C

9. B

10. B

11. B

12. D

13. D

14. A

15. C

Im so happy, i got 15/15, hopefully the rest of the paper will be good aswell.
I got exactly the same answers as this :) woot woot!!

Jono10

HSC
jozza80 said:
If individual 3 was a carrier. He would have died to young to make some babies... Therefore you would expect C to be the correct answer..

Maybe you were right after-all.
if individual 3 was a carrier he would of had the disease ;)

crane7

HSC
12 isnt D, it's B. "...treated with a NEW drug". How can "pathogens present that the start of treatment" be resistant to a NEW drug?

HSC
crane7 said:
12 isnt D, it's B. "...treated with a NEW drug". How can "pathogens present that the start of treatment" be resistant to a NEW drug?
natural resistance through natural selection. variation in a population causes some to be resistant, then they survive and reproduce. if they didn't stuff like golden staff wouldn't exist because the first ones would have been killed by antibiotics.

Jono10

HSC
crane7 said:
im still sure its D

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
crane7 said:
i put B.

this is why i think B is wrong.

inflammation only decreases when the infection is fully dissapeared from the small area. could pathogens still be present when inflammation is decreasing even though it only decreases when the pathogens are all gone?
someone correct me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)