Muslim Turbans trigger threat response by Average Aussies. (1 Viewer)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
PwarYuex said:
In my experience, Australians are some of the most racist people on earth. Next to redneck southern America
You're fucking retarded. You're comparing Australia to the rednecks? When is the last time an Aussie set a cross on fire at the front door stop of a "nigger"? Australia is not a "racist" country. I think you're confusing racism with honesty, we're so politically correct that anything can be classed as "racism" and that's stupid.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
bigboyjames said:
not really surprised. Muslims are stereotyped as the bad guys in the post 9/11 world from a western perspective. does not mean they are actually bad. or that those who ARE fighting are bad.
Shit.... I'd probably shoot the ones in turbans too. But wait a second, isn't it the hindus who wear turbans? I don't any muslims who wear turbans.

And if they shot at the ones in Hijabs... isn't it human instinct to shoot at a fucking ninja?

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
I was watching so you think you could dance, there was this one chick who didn't went through, her response was 'I think they're racist against tall people' :rofl: I love how racism is thrown at everything nowadays :rofl: :rofl:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Just thought of an example of Australian racism. My mum says Asians have small dicks and are good at maths.

OMG she's a racist... but wait....

Asians do have small dicks and are good at maths.

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
Will Shakespear said:
well, parliament.... she was in there somewhere
Germany and most european countries have hundreds of extremist rightwing MPs in their parliaments

X

xeuyrawp

sam04u said:
You're fucking retarded.
The feeling's mutual, you deluded primate fuckwit.

When is the last time an Aussie set a cross on fire at the front door stop of a "nigger"?
I didn't realise that we had many 'niggers' living here, so I suppose the answer would be 'I have no idea, what's your point?'
I think you're confusing racism with honesty
Um... No I don't think so. I think you need to look up honesty - generally to be honest, you need to be honest about something. In this case, racism.

I don't any muslims who wear turbans.
I know many. It's a generic term and can refer to Muslim headdresses.

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC
sam04u said:
But wait a second, isn't it the hindus who wear turbans? I don't any muslims who wear turbans.
Hindus don't wear turbans, on a day in day out basis, that is. Only on celebratory occasions such as marriage, etc. They're not really turbans either, they're more like headdresses.
I think you're referring to Sikhs, who wear turbans.

HSC
sam04u said:
You're fucking retarded. You're comparing Australia to the rednecks? When is the last time an Aussie set a cross on fire at the front door stop of a "nigger"? Australia is not a "racist" country. I think you're confusing racism with honesty, we're so politically correct that anything can be classed as "racism" and that's stupid.
Well maybe we didn't set fire to crosses but we nearly eradicated them out of the country in the 19th century. As for Australians not being racist - If you really think this then you are retarted! I live in a regional town where at least 90% of people come from a british background and I can tell you (most):
1. hate "abbo's"
2. hate arabs
3. hate how many asians there are in sydney
4. hate "wogs"

Now I'm well aware that my town does not represent all aussies and I'm sure people living in more multi-cultural areas would be far less racist. I just believe that it is lucky we rarely show our racism physically (eg Cronulla riots)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
mythical chaos said:
Now I'm well aware that my town does not represent all aussies and I'm sure people living in more multi-cultural areas would be far less racist. I just believe that it is lucky we rarely show our racism physically (eg Cronulla riots)
Lucky? It's got nothing to do with fucking luck. The entire point is that despite the outwardly racist stereotypes Aussies portray, a heck of a lot of them are willing to give the people they supposedly 'hate' a fair go.

People who go round screaming "Aussies are racist" are as fucking blind as those that say the opposite.

alittletense

HSC
Will Shakespear said:
Tolerant countries like Germany and Japan never had anyone as bad as Pauline Hanson in their government
um...hitler?

hur91

HSC
what hitler was doing, the whole anit-semitism scene, wasn't new. it had been going on in the 11th century. besides, he was a retard.

i dont see whats wrong with wearing a turban, i mean i would never wear one, but since australia does have one of the highest rates of skin cancer [i think] in the world, maybe we should have slip, slop and slap on a turban... :D

besides if we keep on segregating people, even if it is within our minds, it wont be productive for our country, so just ignore it; we have more important things to worry about than fashion statements.

X

xeuyrawp

Slidey said:
People who go round screaming "Aussies are racist" are as fucking blind as those that say the opposite.
Then again, you did say that Scandinavians were hugely racist so... =/ What experiences are you basing the two claims on, out of curiosity?

Last edited by a moderator:

hur91

HSC
Stevo. said:
Fucking Nips are rascist against whales. They are commiting genocide on them and getting away with it!
whales aren't a race

hur91

HSC
can't really blame australians for feeling threatened against muslims...blame the media.

this is just my observation [no research has been carried out, forgive me if im wrong], most medieval paintings depict women with scarves, full body covered, head covered (except for those few perverts who enjoy painting nude ppl in their art),... and the nuns always have their full body covered, but if a muslim women chooses to wear a scarf, its oppression?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Then again, you did say that Scandinavians were hugely racist so... =/ What experiences are you basing the two claims on, out of curiosity?
I said no such thing. I said the Japanese and Scandinavians were racist in a deeper way than Australians. You pointed out that xenophobia and imperialism are not the same as racism. Whether or not I agree with this, the fact remains that racism is a rather multi-layered thing, and you can't go around claiming things like "Australia is one of the most racist countries in the world" when what we have in terms of rich multiculturalism, diverse heritage and yes, superficial stereotyping and blunt sarcasm, pales in comparison to places like South Africa in the wake of apartheid.

X

xeuyrawp

Slidey said:
I said no such thing. I said the Japanese and Scandinavians were racist in a deeper way than Australians.
Okay well my fault for mistaking what you said. Sincere apologies.

I'd still completely disagree from having lived in all three cultures, though, but it's kinda irrelevant.

"Australia is one of the most racist countries in the world" when what we have in terms of rich multiculturalism, diverse heritage and yes, superficial stereotyping and blunt sarcasm, pales in comparison to places like South Africa in the wake of apartheid.
South Africa is certainly a really racist country as well (was born there), but in a completely different way to Australia. I think that Australian racism stems from lack of understanding whereas South African racism stems from lack of tolerance. I think that racism in Australia would be almost completely fixed if education actually involved cross-cultural and -racial understanding rather than the pussy-footing of politically correct syllabi.

I also wonder how using multiculturalism as evidence really stands up, to be honest, when I think they really have no cause and effect relationship. One is just as quick to hate their immediate neighbour due to intolerance as one is just as quick to hate people one the other side of the world due to lack of understanding. Yes I think that Australia is reasonably multicultural, but until we start to understand and accept the cultures that are here, there's really no argument. Certainly, the country's becoming more multicultural, which I think is great, but I'd hope that Australians actually realise that Chinese people living down the street are here to stay and should not be considered foreign.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)