myspace (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
GoodToGo said:
Yeah, NEXT @ Spectrum on thursday nights. I'm not a huge fan either but there's only so many places in Sydney where you can see live bands followed by DJ's spinning alternative tunes. Club Blink's a bit too goth for my enjoyment.
Haha, I'm usually too deaf/tired to dance after a gig, therefore the annandale, metro, enmore, etc are <333

*hopeful*

HSC
clairegirl said:
i hate emo kids, they shit me to the max.... absolutely hate them with a passion! even worse than homies and gangsta wannabe's lol

wanna hear an emo joke?

This guy goes... "someone tell me an emo joke, im in the mood for an emo joke"
So this one guy goes... "i wish my lawn was an emo"
Everyone looked at him all weird and confused..and they ask why?
The guy goes "so it can cut itself"

hahaha lol okay well i thought it was funny!
hahaha thats funny....emo's are aiight, some of them come off looking funky (dressing wise) on an emo note, i dyed my hair black so now all i need is a razor blade haircut :)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
redruM said:
There is one there already...but its all curries. :p

edit: Actually that wasn't myspace...it was hi5 (thread did fail, sorry)
:):) Hi5 ftw...

If you want to see emos go to Castle Towers. It's like a tourist attraction, I saw real life emos!

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
*hopeful* said:
hahaha thats funny....emo's are aiight, some of them come off looking funky (dressing wise) on an emo note, i dyed my hair black so now all i need is a razor blade haircut :)
Yeah, you should hope so with the money they spend. Certainly beats some hip hop fans who feel track suits and giant chunks of metal around their neck constitute good or even interesting fashion.

Haha, remember *hopeful*, 'long swooping hair' at the front, short at the back.

I've got a pair of skinny black jeans somewhere in my wardrobe. That's about the extent of it for me.

Dressing what others would term "emo" is one thing, but I saw a seemingly straight dude at mac centre with skin-tight power blue skinny jeans and a pair of pearly female sandals...eurgh, too much!

Last edited:

*hopeful*

HSC
that just sounds scary....black skinny legs on a guy should only be worn by a fashionable guy otherwise its a BIG no-no, so i guessing u know how 2 dress goodtogo (i hope so for ur sake) :p

i wore a stripey top the other day and my friend got all excited thinking i was going emo.....lol it was an industrie top from myer, didnt think emo wen i got it~

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
castle towers is always a good place for a game of 'spot the emo' - agreed hehe

you guys should see this by david lehre
http://www.youtube.com/w/Myspace%20-%20THE%20MOVIE!?v=oJ_dam5DmsM&eurl=

myspace in a nut shell

maybe a BOS version should be made (however shots of asian males studying, driving in 'riced' honda's and other terribly stereotyped things would get bland hehe

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
lcf said:
castle towers is always a good place for a game of 'spot the emo' - agreed hehe

you guys should see this by david lehre
http://www.youtube.com/w/Myspace%20-%20THE%20MOVIE!?v=oJ_dam5DmsM&eurl=

myspace in a nut shell

maybe a BOS version should be made (however shots of asian males studying, driving in 'riced' honda's and other terribly stereotyped things would get bland hehe
omg im so damaged hahhaa

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
lol that video is hilaaaarious
esp that yeti one
hahahaha

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
*hopeful* said:
that just sounds scary....black skinny legs on a guy should only be worn by a fashionable guy otherwise its a BIG no-no, so i guessing u know how 2 dress goodtogo (i hope so for ur sake) :p

i wore a stripey top the other day and my friend got all excited thinking i was going emo.....lol it was an industrie top from myer, didnt think emo wen i got it~
I do okay. And I don't think any guy would buy a pair if they didn't have some sense of fashion. While they're skinny jeans, they're not the skin-tight chaffer type. Haha, you'd be shocked if you ever went to a punk gig: A mosh pit full of guys wearing skin tight black girl jeans, XS or girls sized band t-shirts.

While we're talking about all things emo and myspace, some typical modern "emo" lyrics:

"And these cold winter nights, without you next to me
It feels like twenty below
Frostbite on my heart
This pain and suffering are feelings that you don't know"

Hidden In Plain View - '20 Below'

Last edited:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
GoodToGo said:
I do okay. And I don't think any guy would buy a pair if they didn't have some sense of fashion. While they're skinny jeans, they're not the skin-tight chaffer type. Haha, you'd be shocked if you ever went to a punk gig: A mosh pit full of guys wearing skin tight black girl jeans, XS or girls sized band t-shirts.

While we're talking about all things emo and myspace, some typical modern "emo" lyrics:

Frostbite on my heart

omgness i send messages like taht sometimes! I must be emo at heart :burn:

*hopeful*

HSC
^hahah

g2g that mosh pit description u gave me sounds kinda gay :eek:

edit: yeh i also seen the curry macq uni group thing on hi5 and theres some other random person with a macq uni logo thing as their pic who added me :s 2 much uni pride maybe

Last edited:

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i just got a msg from one of my ps bestest friends who i haven't talked to in yeaaars and had completely lost contact with.
so myspace is good in that way! lol

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
*hopeful* said:
^hahah

g2g that mosh pit description u gave me sounds kinda gay :eek:
Hahah...a bunch of abnormally skinny guys in girls clothes crammed together. Alas that's ALL punk gigs these days...though I exagerate when I say every guy...it's like about every 3rd, which is still a high number.

But calling them girls/gay is what the emo kids want...it fuels their conception that the rest of society can't understand them, their music, their fashion, as they are just too deep. lol

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
GoodToGo said:
A mosh pit full of guys wearing skin tight black girl jeans, XS or girls sized band t-shirts.
I really, really don't like that look. The young'uns these days...

*hopeful*

HSC
g2g r u secretly an emo ? and attempting 2 educate us lol :p

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
*hopeful* said:
g2g r u secretly an emo ? and attempting 2 educate us lol :p
lol. Well I'm interested in sub-cultures/counter-cultures and how they develop, and the exploitation of such a market. But unfortunately I can't say that I'm emo *hopeful* (the whole being happy/interest in a corporate law career/lack of super-tight jeans kills it for me :p).... Though I have friends who I'd consider to be "emo", and know bands whose fans are solely from that 'market'. A huge market at that $$

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
GoodToGo said:

Frostbite on my heart

That's hardly a punk gig :| Thats a fag gig, involving underage kids trying to karate chop dance each other

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
That's hardly a punk gig :| Thats a fag gig, involving underage kids trying to karate chop dance each other
Dude, it was like that at a Pennywise show. If Pennywise is not punk, I don't know what is.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
That's because it was an under-18 show

Besides, Pennywise has turned into one of those 'brand' bands, like The Ramones et al.

Last edited:

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
That's because it was an under-18 show
Well it's very nice of you to try and tell me about a show *I* went to and you didn't. Unless you were there...lurking (keeping up the MQ stalkers rep ;)). However, unlike Victoria, NSW does not have under-18 shows.

In regards to punk rock, only iconic bands (like pennywise, nofx, etc), or 'brand' bands as Asy calls them, are even remotely successful as its a dead style of music in my opinion, like ska.. It's all about emo/screamo/hardcore/punk-electronica these days.

But back on topic, a lot of bands use it to plug their material as those who've signed up will have realised. It was undoubtedly massive for the rise of the Arctic Monkeys, but here's what they say about it from smh:

"Somebody said to us, 'I saw your profile on MySpace,' " sniffed drummer Matt Helders to US website prefixmag.com. "I said, 'I don't even know what MySpace is.' [When we went to No. 1 in England] we were on the news and radio about how Myspace has helped us.

But that's just the perfect example of some-one who doesn't know what the f--- they're talking about."

As to the internet, the band use it only "to email or whatever; iTunes, stuff like that". A friend of the technologically crippled group had to build their website. But it was the fans themselves who placed the net at the heart of their story.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)