"Nerds" At USYD/UNSW? (1 Viewer)

Super Pig

Full time Bludger
HSC
Affinity said:
.. I am sure there are ppl who study 9-5 + 7-11 in usyd
For every such NERD you find you'll find a bludger who bludges 9-5 + 7-11 in usyd :) i.e. An overtime bludger!

fat.

ur_inner_child said:
don't go to USYD.

I don't want to have to bump into someone there that generalises so much.
Haha, after all that trouble, I think I'll end up going to UWS anyway. lol. SO you guys don't have to worry about my 'generalisations' (little sooks'). Ahh, How good is UNSW though!

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Affinity said:
My statement should be corrct with any reasonable definition of the term.

Thought you go to Usyd :D
anyway.. I am sure there are ppl who study 9-5 + 7-11 in usyd
ahhh shut up affinity... don't mock me, just cuz i had a 12 hr day last sem ><

u ain't any better as far as i kno... >=D

Idyll

HSC
withoutaface said:
Do those of us wishing to study at USYD a favour and go to UNSW.
No, you can have him. It's really no trouble.

fat. - I really think USyd would be more suited to you. USyd has a fantastic reputation overall, and there's hardly any "nerds" (just stay away from the law faculty, they all got over 99.6 there, so they must be "nerds").

paztaboy

HSC
I can't believe that the guy who started this forum wanted to go to unsw because usyd has too many nerds. isn't it the other way around? im choosing usyd over unsw because ithere are less nerds and it has a better atmosphere and apparently a much better social life. Am i right or wrong? because i have friends that go to unsw and they tell me to go to usyd because unsw is full of nerds. which uni does have the biggest nerds?

Idyll

HSC
you seriously think out of 30 000 students at unsw that everyone of them are going to be nerds?

perhaps you should think about whether you really should go to uni in the first place

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
paztaboy said:
I can't believe that the guy who started this forum wanted to go to unsw because usyd has too many nerds. isn't it the other way around? im choosing usyd over unsw because ithere are less nerds and it has a better atmosphere and apparently a much better social life. Am i right or wrong? because i have friends that go to unsw and they tell me to go to usyd because unsw is full of nerds. which uni does have the biggest nerds?
i can't believe you're deciding your future on which uni has the 'biggest nerds'. i don't think it should affect your choice. are you afraid there'll be more competition?? if so, i should think that the more nerds there are, or the smarter they are [in your case, you used biggest nerd], it would motivate yourself to try harder - to push yourself to do the ultimate best you can to ensure you're getting the most out of your education/money

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Table for 1, alot of people simply just haven't made friends with nerds for so long and now we're being thrown in an environment where we'll have too.

mack

Banned
HSC
Seriously, if you're worried about going to a uni because of the nerd- cool guy ratio, perhaps uni isn't for you.

And for the record, Dungeons and Dragons is really cool!

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
let's all just go and burn their houses. i'm sick of people who are too quick to judge others, like that whole dumb blonde thing, and skinny vs fat thing, or all asians are smart, etc etc generalisations blah blah

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
You kno that there are different personalities of people......
People like to kno that there will be friends they can connect with.

Personally i've never had any problems hanging out with the nerd group or the stoner group at the same time, im sure by now we should be mature enough but i dunno some love to hold onto their social cliques.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
mack said:
Nah hang on, Ill don my Elven chainmail and go grab my +1 mace. That'll show them.
elven chainmail?? +1 mace?? ...... is that from d & d

Not-That-Bright said:
You kno that there are different personalities of people......
People like to kno that there will be friends they can connect with.

Personally i've never had any problems hanging out with the nerd group or the stoner group at the same time, im sure by now we should be mature enough but i dunno some love to hold onto their social cliques.
sigh... i guess some people are just... [argh !!] like that, and refuse to change.

i just don't see why someone being classed as a 'nerd' or 'geek' would affect the way you treat them, or how it justifies one's refusal to hang around them [or go to the same uni]. and i wish people just wouldn't be so slack !

to those who do judge people so argh!!-ly, i hope are the 'nerds' and 'geeks' get their revenge on you
- i hope the surgeon 'accidentally' drops a scalpel in your stomach during operation, and this scapel over time [due to stomach activity, eg. churning of food] shifts back and forth, or simply shifts it so it punctures your stomach and tears the whole side open so all your stomach acid will spill onto your intestines, kidneys, etc, and slowly burn away all the tissue until you die painfully; or
- i hope your lawyer/judge 'unintentionally' twists the story around [or leaks inside information] about your case so you end up going to jail anyway. and there, a whole new set of problems arise. maybe your 'laywer/judge' will fight for one of your prison inmates and convinces him/her to always pound/torture you for the duration of your imprisonment. [i'm just thinking back to 'the shawshank redemption' movie. i think it was originally a book written by stephen king. anyways, in there, the guys bully the innocent dude into giving them oral]; or
- i hope an unknown computer genius hacks into your computer and places all this damaging files there about some sort of black market dealings, or outrageous government related scandal, so you get framed for it. then s/he tips off the FBI about you so they come after you and you cry while sh*tting in your pants in those one-way mirror rooms, or when they point a gun at you when they first arrest you. then the above point happens.
- i hope....and yeah, i'm out of ideas

well, no not really, i don't really hope that happens to you. that would be too mean. but i do hope you realise the error of your ways and spend the better part of the rest of your life correcting it, or at least wallowing in your misery or guilt

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
so wat exactly is a nerd......i know ppl who got 99.9, 99.95.....and theyre not nerdy...theyre pretty cool......they do normal things that normal teenagers do....then we come to the question of wat exactly is "normal" and everyone has theyre own definition of normal.....make friends with who u feel comfortable with....and do not base ur decison on their academic achievment......thats just shallow......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)