NFL, NRL or AFL (1 Viewer)

Mozza91

HSC
AFL is so fucking pussy and so is Hall maybe if he hit someone who was looking he might be tough

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
if you guys can't reason like civilised human beings instead of throwing random swearings around, i will close this thread. how does fighting proof the competitiveness of a sport?

HSC
haha if you are all arguing about which sport is tougher because of people boxing then i think my sport, gridiron, would win. I support afl more then nrl but you idiots going about someone not being allowed to give their opinion because they haven't played either sport cause she is girl is ridiculous. i mean if you can't give an opinion cause you haven't played the sport then how many of you can in this discussion since it is nrl, afl and NFL. i know i can but what about the rest of you

anyway i can see points in both sides. AFL wins hands down as far as stamina etc due to all the running and also more importantly the off the ball running. nrl is often just the person with the ball and the defenders tackling him the rest just job along. But nrl often have the bigger hits, albeit not very often. But afl has bigger hits in other ways, blindside shots espically when they are bent over trying to grab the ball and get hit in the side of the head.

as far as skill i would say afl. this is due to taking into account the skill level required for all positions. nrl skill players are fairly level with afl due to steps and increasing amount of kicking game but the forwards etc don't do much except tackle and run straight ahead.

anyone who just read all of that i congratulate but also laugh at for reading all of my ramblings

oh and try and keep in civil guys you are looking like kids in a primary school playground

Mozza91

HSC
Maybe AFL players have more skill then wingers or front rowers but a halfback or five eight even a fullback would be more skillful then the average AFL player as for toughness there is just no way AFL is tougher

2true

HSC
staticsiscool said:
2true prove it. Also i went from league last year to afl this year. took like 2 games before i had it worked out. but thats the same with all sports. good athletes can just swap and pick shit up. i still cant kick for shit but i can tackle so thats why i gets to be fullback. see, interchangeable skillz.
iam up under the under 20s development squad
yes it does take alot to adapt to a game but nrl is a mixed of skills from all games thats why i love it
not saying afl is bad just saying nrl is more skillful game u need POWER SPEED TO THINK QUICKLY and NATURAL SKILL

HSC
2true said:
iam up under the under 20s development squad
yes it does take alot to adapt to a game but nrl is a mixed of skills from all games thats why i love it
not saying afl is bad just saying nrl is more skillful game u need POWER SPEED TO THINK QUICKLY and NATURAL SKILL
as far as speed and thinking quickly i would say afl wins hands down rugby league everyone is always in front of you and there is often set plays where as afl the play is swirling and people come at you from every angle

and neither of the sports do you need natural skill you can easily swap between the two cause they are fairly similar and require the same fitness/strength combinations. of course only talking about normal level rep level of course is a different ball game but understandably

flemodude

HSC
SPL-Scottish Premier League football is pretty crazy. When i say football i actually mean the REAL football...you know the one where you actually use your feet.

flemodude

HSC
wuddie said:
if you guys can't reason like civilised human beings instead of throwing random swearings around, i will close this thread. how does fighting proof the competitiveness of a sport?

RAAAHH!!! Footy!!!

HSC
International Rules. Crazy shit. This friday or something actually.

Also 2true you dont have to think that fast in league, you do set plays most of the time dude. AFL = constantly watching your back and constant moving and stuff, way faster thinking and decision making needed.

johony

HSC
squiresshane990 said:
holy shit, yes. international rules is better than all three sports combined. fast paced, immensely skillful and certainly not uneventful as we've seen over the past couple of years.

friday on channel 7. watch it.

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/7776/auiezv7zt8.gif

Last edited:

2true

HSC
nrl is the most competitive comp to get into in nsw
it has the highest numbers of people

i guess it depeneds on the area and the compition around u thats makes the sport more challenging or not

i would guess in victoria afl is very hard and competitive
but as for nsw
NRL is the most challenging and skillful

frontman

HSC
squiresshane990 said:

Also 2true you dont have to think that fast in league, you do set plays most of the time dude. AFL = constantly watching your back and constant moving and stuff, way faster thinking and decision making needed.
You are only thinking fast when you actually have the ball - and thats the case in both sports. Otherwise you're just standing/running around.

frontman

HSC
International rules is a mickey mouse competition that was invented so that AFL players had someone else to play against and to provide some money for the AFL in the off season. None of the officials actually take it any seriously.

johony

HSC
frontman said:
International rules is a mickey mouse competition that was invented so that AFL players had someone else to play against and to provide some money for the AFL in the off season. None of the officials actually take it any seriously.
who cares. it's fun to watch.

maddie01

HSC
I love AFL!!!! The international rules is mad cool! It's so exciting to watch!! My Dad and my brother have flown over to Perth to watch it! I'm so jealous.

I'm a Swannies girl through and through (international rules is cool but it doesnt rate against AFL)

nrl- too stop start all the time!
union- so slow
soccer- nothing happens! What the point in playing a sport if you hardly score!

newmz89

Beer
HSC
AFL - Go the crows :D I dont mind watching a bit of Union also, but can get pretty boring.

2true

HSC
squiresshane990 said:

AND THATS WHEN U HAVE THE BALL
]
NRL UR ALWAYS RUNNING UP AND BACK TO KEEP ON SIDE THAN RUN UP ON THE PLAYER TO PUT THE PRESSURE ON THE ATTACKING TEAM
AND THATS IN DEFENCE

THAN IN ATTACK U HAVE TO ALWAYS BE IN POSITION AND RUNNING UP WITH THE HALF BACK AND 5/8 FOR THE BALL

maddie01

HSC
2true said:
nrl is the most competitive comp to get into in nsw
it has the highest numbers of people

i guess it depeneds on the area and the compition around u thats makes the sport more challenging or not

i would guess in victoria afl is very hard and competitive
but as for nsw
NRL is the most challenging and skillful
no way! AFL is heaps harder! They are running and watching their backs the WHOLE time. In nrl you stand in a line and try and run through a wall of people. *yawn*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)