nice guys finish last. (1 Viewer)

1985guy

HSC
I guess when a girl has a really close "nice guy" friend she would rather go out with a dickhead and it would not be nearly as bad if she breaks up with the dickhead/loser/dumbass/guy who isnt a good match as it would be to lose her "nice guy" friend and boyfriend at the same time.
I think some people confuse the "nice guy" from the article with guys who are just nice to girls until they get what they want.
The true "nice guy" is just naturally that nice and what he really wants is to be with a girl rather than get laid.
I guess some girls wouldnt want to go out with "nice guys" cos they would feel like they are bitches if they were with a ubiquitously nice guy, and generally the "nice guy" is less likely to make the first move, which is what most girls want. Which would make it much easier for the guys who think they are all that to get girls.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
thats true nice guys often do not make the first step

but i still dont accept that girls would rather date a jerk than a nice guy cause it would be easier to break up with because:
a) who enters a relationship knowing ur going to break up, its a bit too cynical for me- for me u go into a relationship with no expectations (ie u dont say ill break up then or we will date forever)..........what happens will play out for itself
b)the idea of picking a jerk other a nicer person seems to say that a girl is not taking relationships seriously...they r setting themselves up in a relationship with someone they know to be incapable of being rational/nice- making themselves to be the victim before anything starts
c)wanting to pick a partner who is successful is one thing, but its not for every girl to find an older rich guy to be their sugar daddy the rest of the life...what is happening to the "nice" girls? unfortunately we r ignoring them much as the girls ignore "nice" guys for similar and possible different reasons

so in the end whos fault is it? the "nice" guy or the girl?

_Amie_

HSC
Unless you're a really misguided girl, and I know a few, who just continually fall victim to bad relationships, then I'm sure most girls would prefer a 'nice' guy over a complete arsehole. I know I do.

harrys

thejosiekiller said:
sorry mate i was just joking, but seriously i thought what u said was too brief of a generalisation

i mean for a girl to find a nice guy repulsive is wrong, true she wont respect him.............neways dw i just wanted u to go further with this

every1 knows the generalisations and facts- explore them

i cant be bothered btw if ur thinking that.lol
lol, thats ok then. I'll exspand on what i was saying... and like u said, i didnt want to go over the top.

What i was saying, is that "nice guys" are not attractive to women because they are wussies.
What i mean is, nice guys will endevour to everything for the girl, pay for all their dinners, be available to them whenever they ask for it, pretend to be interested in any conversation no matter how dull, continue to be kind to them when they get bitchy or tempramental...and i can go on forvever.

Why does the 'nice' guys do these things.. because he is trying to IMPRESS the girl, and convince her to like him. This kind of behaviour will not attract a women no matter how hard you try. And to top it off, Hot women get this kind of behaviour all the time, so it actually becomes repulsive to them.

Women do not sit there and think about thier potential parteners, they do not think, 'yes, he will be a good partner because, he is always there for me, he is too nice to ever hurt me, ect ect.' This will never be the case, because attraction is an emotional response, and women cannot rationalise their way through it.

Now that wasn't alot of info, but do u see what im saying ? . . .

Generator

HSC
N/A
Nice does not mean that you are forever there and will suffer through everything with a smile.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
harrys said:
lol, thats ok then. I'll exspand on what i was saying... and like u said, i didnt want to go over the top.

What i was saying, is that "nice guys" are not attractive to women because they are wussies.
What i mean is, nice guys will endevour to everything for the girl, pay for all their dinners, be available to them whenever they ask for it, pretend to be interested in any conversation no matter how dull, continue to be kind to them when they get bitchy or tempramental...and i can go on forvever.

Why does the 'nice' guys do these things.. because he is trying to IMPRESS the girl, and convince her to like him. This kind of behaviour will not attract a women no matter how hard you try. And to top it off, Hot women get this kind of behaviour all the time, so it actually becomes repulsive to them.

Women do not sit there and think about thier potential parteners, they do not think, 'yes, he will be a good partner because, he is always there for me, he is too nice to ever hurt me, ect ect.' This will never be the case, because attraction is an emotional response, and women cannot rationalise their way through it.

Now that wasn't alot of info, but do u see what im saying ? . . .
All nice guys are not "wussies" there are alot of nice guys who are confident and who choose to be the nice person they are.

People are who they make themselves to be.
It's up to you who and what type of person you want to be whether you be nice or not.

jellybeenz

HSC
Wow... you just described perfectly the actions of a guy I know... This guy confuses me... he is nice to me, he listens, he is always complimentary but he is full of lines and moves-- like the most obvious ones. Its weird. So although this guy is nice, his actions put me off because these actions seem a little too choreographed to the point where I'm sure its all designed for a particular purpose. His niceness also confuses me... do i really like him? or do i just like that he is nice to me because i find it flattering?

_Amie_

HSC
Generator said:
Nice does not mean that you are forever there and will suffer through everything with a smile.
Exactly. Nice means that you are a genuine person with compassion for others and how they feel. It doesn't mean that they are' wussies' who allow themselves to be walked all over, and manipulated by people. It seems that 'nice' has become a derogatory term on this thread. It doesn't mean weak, it just means nice. Kind. You can be nice, and still have confidence and control over your life. I don't get people who say that girls wouldn't go for a nice guy. Yeah it must be a really hard choice: a guy who treats you like shit, is mean to you and your friends, and uses aggression to dominate the relationship, OR a genuine person, comfortable with himself and others, who treats you well and is a nice person. Where's the confusion?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
To reiterate what I said earlier, personally I'm scared about going for the nice guy because I'm a pessimist, and assuming that things will go wrong, it will kill my self esteem.

That and I'm a wuss.

is a roflcopter
HSC
theres no such thing as nice guys
we all think with our dicks
why are girls so naive :D

is a roflcopter
HSC
i prefer honesty
i hate all those fake nice guys
i see right through you cunts

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Newbie said:
i prefer honesty
i hate all those fake nice guys
i see right through you cunts
LOL :D

yes, i'm a fucking fake bitch. why did you go out with me then? ;)

is a roflcopter
HSC
because you said you loved me?

or are you talking to me at all

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
There's no doubt about it.

Last night, a 32 year old guy punched his 19 year old ex-girlfriend in the face - the girl's friend stepped in front and told the guy not to do it, copping two punches in the process.

What a man and a half I reckon, yet that bitch was so ungreatful to him like she didn't expect anything less from him. I felt sorry for the way the poor bugger didn't get enough thanks/credit, so I gave him a lift home.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Cyph said:
There's no doubt about it.

Last night, a 32 year old guy punched his 19 year old ex-girlfriend in the face - the girl's friend stepped in front and told the guy not to do it, copping two punches in the process.

What a man and a half I reckon, yet that bitch was so ungreatful to him like she didn't expect anything less from him. I felt sorry for the way the poor bugger didn't get enough thanks/credit, so I gave him a lift home.
Wha? I dun get it?
The guy punched 2 chicks and he should be given credit? lol
Please explain :p

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
No, the girl's ex punched her, then the girl's friend (different guy) stepped in front telling him not do it and copped two punches from the girl's ex.

sorry, I just assumed you would know the girl's friend was male! ;)

No way I would give a piece of shit who hit a chick a lift home, even if he was going to get beaten to death, I'd leave him there.

django_

HSC
Nice guys finish last.
You're running out of gas.
Your sympathy will get you left behind.
Sometimes you're at your best, when you feel the worst.
Do you feel washed up, like piss going down the drain

Pressure cooker pick my brain and tell me I'm insane.
I'm so fucking happy I could cry.
Every joke can have its truth and now the joke's on you.
I never knew you were such a funny guy.

Oh nice guys finish last, when you are the outcast.
Don't pat yourself on the back, you might break your spine.

Living on command.
You're shaking lots of hands.
Kissing up and bleeding all your trust, taking what you need.
Bite the hand that feeds.
You lose your memory and you got no shame.

thats all i gotta say... thanks billy :p

HSC
there's one question i always wonder...
do guys ever be nice to a girL out of pure friendship?!
or is there always a bit of "like" in their actions?!

haha if u get the Q's.. :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)