NO accommodation (1 Viewer)

aussie-boy

HSC
Are private investors allowed to just go and build a college?

If you had 300 students, paying $200 a week for 40 weeks a year, you'd make $2.4million pa.
Even considering rates, bills for utilities, communications and staff etc - it seems like theres quite a handsome profit to be made

If startup costs were $5 million (for the land, building and furniture) you'd be loaded within 5 years

Epic

HSC

If you had 300 students, paying $200 a week for 40 weeks a year, you'd make $2.4million pa.
Even considering rates, bills for utilities, communications and staff etc - it seems like theres quite a handsome profit to be made

If startup costs were $5 million (for the land, building and furniture) you'd be loaded within 5 years
UniLodge are private and they have two buildings on campus which house approximately 500 students each. And according to a post on these forums they are building a third one.

Sammy-Blue

HSC

That's why UL has buildings in Canb/Bris/Syd/Melb/Adel/Auck/Well.

richardneill

HSC
I got that same email, and then found out later today that I've been accepted into B & G. Thank Christ.

tripyamine

HSC
I wouldnt take too much hope from him, he is a PhB, cant exactly have prestige students living in a fucking hotel wouldnt exactly look good when your trying to be elietest to the rest of the australian uni's

post up with ideas people

WTB: SHARE HOUSE WITH SOME COOL PEOPLE WHO ARNT SQUARES

tripyamine

HSC
Richardneil - his name is taylor he is a mate of mine, hes a phb

littles123

HSC
So unfair! I'm reading people's facebooks who got into Johns first preference, how could some of us not even get our third.. or any.. wonder if we didn't sound good on our applications..? Hmm

littles123

HSC
tripyamine - are you saying that peoples course may actually have some effect on what accommodation they're given?

yosemite sam

HSC
Johns=really good at sports, therefore likes people who are good at sports. Fairly lo international population.
Ursies=high GPA=prefers people who are going to do a lot of studying and very little partying.
Burgmann=strong law tradition
B&G=fairly picky but I'd say people with high marks and more experience as in have been travelling etc.
Fenner=normal people, about 50/50 domestic and international
Bruce=pretty much everyone else who didnt want self-catered.
UniLodge=anti-social/internationals

That's pretty much the stereotypes I'd say and they look for people to stick within them.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
Johns=really good at sports, therefore likes people who are good at sports. Fairly lo international population.
Ursies=high GPA=prefers people who are going to do a lot of studying and very little partying.
Burgmann=strong law tradition
B&G=fairly picky but I'd say people with high marks and more experience as in have been travelling etc.
Fenner=normal people, about 50/50 domestic and international
Bruce=pretty much everyone else who didnt want self-catered.
UniLodge=anti-social/internationals

That's pretty much the stereotypes I'd say and they look for people to stick within them.
Fenner =/= Normal people, but I'd agree with the rest.

yosemite sam

HSC
I wouldn't say people from Fenner are abnormal. Pretty much just average.

littles123

HSC
Damn judging from that list I should have gone to Ursies, but took it out of my preference cos someone told me they were 'weird', now got no offers. that'll teach me for being superficial!

gingerwitch28

HSC
I'm pretty sure they stopped regarding people's preferences way back on like the 24th. I went from Ursies (first) to Fenner in a matter of hours with no idea why or how. I went to a selective school so I'm not that big a partier, admittedly my ATAR wasn't that high but still. And I've travelled, been to Europe twice and assorted Asian countries, done community service/volunteer work and not to get Duke of Ed or something like that. Honestly, what's wrong with me that no college wants to take me?!

littles123

HSC
Yeah my sentiments exactly, I did an exchange and community stuff, but hey I guess there's so many people who have and just not enough rooms is what it comes down to!

tripyamine

HSC
there may be help for the rest of you yet!
I jost got a place at B&G so there must be a few spots at some places left

any one else get an offer today?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)