North Sydney Boys YEAR 9 TEST Help/info/tips? (1 Viewer)

si2136

HSC
N/A
nsb don't take in a large amount of people in year 9, so its a lot harder. But you can always try in year 11 as there are a lot more spots!
That's true, my friend made it to NSBHS this year (Yr 10 --> Yr 11)

NehcGnid

HSC
Yea...stuffed up the maths. English/writing was pretty easy, btw my mum phoned the school and they said they were sending the letters today and tomorrow.

TheGuy

HSC
Nah I failed :(

I guess you have to ACE both of the tests, I don't know HOW they expected us to know those types of questions, but then again, it's NSBHS...
2 of my friends got into the waiting list, apparently even if you get in, they take you into the waiting list, and the chances of you getting in after that is pretty slim, so I don't feel that bad. One of my friend came from the US like 3 months ago, he isn't even a Permanent Resident! He was in a selective school over there and he did the NSBHS test and got in, he said that the stuff which was in the test was already done AGES ago in the US... I'm not that sad, considering I got accepted to do an ACCELERATED COURSE in year 9, they took like 20 out of 200 students in my grade and due to me being in G&T (gifted and talented, I got in :D)

Anyways, is it really worth it to do the Selective test for year 10? I mean, there's only 2 years left and I don't know whether it'll help that much being in a selective school at that time.

Last edited:

mkv_86

HSC
Nah I failed :(

I guess you have to ACE both of the tests, I don't know HOW they expected us to know those types of questions, but then again, it's NSBHS...
2 of my friends got into the waiting list, apparently even if you get in, they take you into the waiting list, and the chances of you getting in after that is pretty slim, so I don't feel that bad. One of my friend came from the US like 3 months ago, he isn't even a Permanent Resident! He was in a selective school over there and he did the NSBHS test and got in, he said that the stuff which was in the test was already done AGES ago in the US... I'm not that sad, considering I got accepted to do an ACCELERATED COURSE in year 9, they took like 20 out of 200 students in my grade and due to me being in G&T (gifted and talented, I got in :D)

Anyways, is it really worth it to do the Selective test for year 10? I mean, there's only 2 years left and I don't know whether it'll help that much being in a selective school at that time.
Absolutely! I tried out a few weeks ago, and made it in (for NSBHS). It is definately worth trying in year 10! Although only 2 years left, these 2 years are special and will dramatically change your study life if you make it to SBHS or NSBHS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)