Not going to the formal? (1 Viewer)

idling fire

HSC
Well ours is revoltingly overpriced. Absolute rubbish. And I hated the year 10 formal. But guess what? I'm going. I wish I wasn't. I don't know what's worse - facing the question attack about not going, or just facing the torture chamber.
Formals ftl.

HSC
Yes I didn't go to my formal either. I didn't go for pretty much the same reasons as the original threadstarter. I'm anti-social, shy and didn't particularly care if I never saw anyone from my school again. Haha, I see some of them at uni though. I have a thread on this somewhere....

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Oh god no, I'd rather someone pull out one of my ribs while I'm conscious than go to the formal

One, it'll cost something like over $200, and I am DEFINITELY not paying that amount of money
Two, I actually don't know what happens at a formal, but the shrewd guess is it involves dancing. I DON'T dance, even if someone threatens to shoot me if I don't. Don't really like eating non Asian food either, and I'm damn sure they won't be making any at the formal
Three, I hate almost everyone in my year. They're all retarded try hards who think their better than everyone else. None of the few friends I have are going, since we all agree that it'll just be a complete waste of time and we all share bad memories of the school

The one thing I gotta do is photocopy my graduation certificate and burn it. My grandad died during the afternoon of the phys half yearlies and cos of the goddamn HSC year, I couldn't attend his funeral. I might get something for my YR11 yearmaster and my HSC phys, chem and maths teachers. As for friends, I have their MSN, so we'll keep in touch easily ^.^

lil mon

HSC
Well i have many reasons why i wudnt miss the formal for da world.
one- i LOVE my grade, theres proly only one girl i actually dislike
two- Imma dance da night away
three- the after party (need i say more)
four- (for me....) its a fitting end to all da crap we went through in year12.
Again it depends on how much u enjoyed high school.
I dont wanna leave skool.- representing Strathfield girls high.

TDjie

♥ Hello ♥
HSC
I don't mind going to the formal, even after the disaster of the year 10 one. My year 10 date and I vowed we'd go together for year 12, but he told me he doesn't think he wants to go. My response: "I'LL GIVE YOU FORMAL BEEYATCH!" XDDD
No rly, I can understand fully: it's alot of money and i'd rather spend it in some cases taking a relatively small holiday. =)

~ think of it this way, you only really get one year 12 formal.

luisalow1

HSC
well i'm going to the formal just to show everyone else how much hotter i look than them, cos everyones soooooooooo fat now.

and also, ill bring my boyfriend. kate moss style .

and what kinda person doesnt go to the formal?

yeah a nerd

most people are lame anyway at school. they think fluro's the new clubbing, whereas its the tacky new rave scene.

you should just go, bring me, or someone else hot, buy a really hot dress that no one else could have bought and ignore everyone like theyre the gayest thing out.

confidence is key.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
luisalow1 said:

yeah a nerd

most people are lame anyway at school. they think fluro's the new clubbing, whereas its the tacky new rave scene.

you should just go, bring me, or someone else hot, buy a really hot dress that no one else could have bought and ignore everyone like theyre the gayest thing out.

confidence is key.
Well, I see our personalities differ greatly. Yeah, I'm a nerd doing all the nerdy subjects at school. So what? I'd much rather be a nerd than one of those "I'm better than you pieces of crap cos I go to the gym" kinda people. No offence to people that do, of course, tho most people at my school's like that.

~ think of it this way, you only really get one year 12 formal.
Yeah, I know. It's not that I'm not going cos I don't wanna go to the formal tho. It's the people that are there that make me don't wanna go. Trust me, if it were a formal at my old high school, I would've went, even if I don't bring a girl XD Which gives me an idea... Maybe I'll just go to my old school's formal >.>

kloudsurfer

HSC
I hate most people in my grade, cant wait to leave high school, and had a crap night at yr 10 and probably will at yr 12.

Nevertheless, I am still going. I really dont know why lol

Maybe im not as antisocial as i think i am.

lil mon

HSC
luisalow1 said:
well i'm going to the formal just to show everyone else how much hotter i look than them, cos everyones soooooooooo fat now.

and also, ill bring my boyfriend. kate moss style .

yeah a nerd

confidence is key.
luisalow1 said:
are you fucked? no one actually judges people on what subjects they do, kid. well maybe out west they do but who knows what happens there.

well, i wanna go to my year 12 formal cos our grade doesnt have anyone like
lil miss 'i-THINK- im-so-hot'. dat's proly cuz i go to a skool in da.....WEST. yeah u 'low' alright.

Last edited:

anniexrocks

HSC
i'm going to my formal =)
everyone is so nice in our grade that theres no reason not to go. =D

pakigal

HSC
lil mon said:
well, i wanna go to my year 12 formal cos our grade doesnt have anyone like
lil miss 'i-THINK- im-so-hot'. dat's proly cuz i go to a skool in da.....WEST. yeah u 'low' alright.
anniexrocks said:
i'm going to my formal =)
everyone is so nice in our grade that theres no reason not to go. =D
That's right ;)
you've spent 6 years at your skool, may as well go to your fricken formal. I'm going cos thank god luisaLOW isn't at ma skool so I actually like everyone!

cl3nta

HSC
already started talking/thinking about formal... just chill, they aren't that big a deal. thinking about it now, yeh i'll prolly be goin. haha pick a girl up at the door for my date :p

shorty123

HSC
i dont believe you dont want to go to your formal! i guess its ur choice but i personally wouldnt miss it for the world.
our yr10 one was AWESOME, everyone talked and danced with each other, even if we didnt all get along at school...it was like everyone put away their bitchiness and hatred towards each other for that night, and omg the tears that we shed!!
formals arent really about the music, food or getting drunk, its about all of us getting together for one last time....as you never know, this truly might be the last time we ever see some of our school mates.
i personally wouldnt want to look back at my school yrs and not have a single memory of my formal....but hey its your choice...but dont completely base your decision on the fact that you dont get along with all the people from your school. coz similarly to my yr10 formal you may all just get along for that one night.:)

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Does anyone else have a valedictory as well as a formal?

brows

HSC
missjohns said:
That's one of the many reasons people always tell me I should go. I don't like the people in my grade, I don't care if I never see them again. I must sound really bitter. But I'm just really anti-social, and...yeah. Don't care about seeing everyone once more at the formal.
Yer but in 20 years time at least u can say oh yer my formal sucked or it was good and this happened etc. Not going would be worse then going and hating it i think. What is the worst that can happen?? Going would at least leave u with memories and possibly a good night. Who knows? If i were u i would go.

Im not looking forward to my formal but im still going. My friend isnt going and i think he will greatly regret it even though he will never admit it. Its up to u at the end of the day however. Goodluck.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Yeah me too. I mean, i have lots of friends and everything, but once this yr is over, there are only like 3 people that i will keep in touch with.

Anyway, how many opportunities do you get to dress up all pretty-like? :)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
kloudsurfer said:
Yeah me too. I mean, i have lots of friends and everything, but once this yr is over, there are only like 3 people that i will keep in touch with.

Anyway, how many opportunities do you get to dress up all pretty-like? :)
the girls

the girls
in the residential college
prepare for the ball
spend all week
deciding
deciding
deciding which dress
to throw up in.

28/7/92 - Komninos

jirwin

HSC
Standard English FTW

anyway, i am going to my formal and i'm kinda anti-social and i would also definitely fall under the stereotype of nerd and not cos of my subjects, because of my work/study ethic.

my formal is only $65. we are getting a dj and a student band is playing for an hour - not my type of band but oh well.

i am also NOT wearing a dress... i hate dresses, i hate skirts... i am wearing pants despite my mum's complaining.

i hated yr 10 formal... prefered the award presentation we had before it (i got like $575 from all my awards). the food was crap, the music was crap but i was with my friends.

i haven't been with these students for a whole 6yrs. at my school we ahve 2 junior campuses, one senior campus so some i have been with for 6 yrs, others only 2.

anyway, its personal choice whether u go or not, but i dont have a choice - my mum is forcing me to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)