opinion on journeys question???? (1 Viewer)

dolbinau

HSC
1500 words is so much. For me, 8 words a line, that's 9.375 pages!

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
*Baby-K* said:
It's not necessary but after the trials (in section 3 I got 10/15) my teachers told me that my structure is good, analysis is good just needs more techniques. SO. now I have about 30 techniques in the essay, consequently to get the techniques I had to put in more quotes or visual analysis. And now I've ended up with 1500 words which is what James Ruse writes (according to my tutor). Don't get me wrong it's all quality stuff, as I said before- I could only find one sentence to cut out.
I have probably half the amount of techniques you have and I've been getting 14-15/15 since before the trials.
=\

I probably write close to 1500 though too if the question is just perfect.

JB27990

HSC
With the essay, this year there is no stimulus booklet which will therefore make it easier than in previous years.

Does anyone think that to compensate for the lack of the stimulus booklet they will make it tricky either through a really difficult Q or by asking for a feature article or convo or something stupid like that?

Louise030046

HSC
*Baby-K* said:
It's not necessary but after the trials (in section 3 I got 10/15) my teachers told me that my structure is good, analysis is good just needs more techniques. SO. now I have about 30 techniques in the essay, consequently to get the techniques I had to put in more quotes or visual analysis. And now I've ended up with 1500 words which is what James Ruse writes (according to my tutor). Don't get me wrong it's all quality stuff, as I said before- I could only find one sentence to cut out.

woah woah woah. 30 techniques?! are you kidding me?!!!

*Baby-K*

HSC
Louise030046 said:
I am being serious. I had like 5-10 techniques previously, but my tutor insisted that you should have 22-30 techniques per essay.

*Baby-K*

HSC
JB27990 said:
With the essay, this year there is no stimulus booklet which will therefore make it easier than in previous years.

Does anyone think that to compensate for the lack of the stimulus booklet they will make it tricky either through a really difficult Q or by asking for a feature article or convo or something stupid like that?
I hope not, I hate feature articles

HSC
obimoshman1234 said:
so essentially its has to be narrative cause well they havent changed it in over 5 years why would they now

....you joking?
if i were an examiner, i'd do that and then change it after ages, just to piss pppl off o_O

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
*Baby-K* said:
I am being serious. I had like 5-10 techniques previously, but my tutor insisted that you should have 22-30 techniques per essay.
I always always told techniques are only there to drive your thesis and are way of proving what you're stating about Journeys or Harwood or BNW/BR.. etc

Therefore, quality techniques > quantity of techniques.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
*Baby-K* said:
wtf, i never even count the techniques in mine, if it sounds good to me i just go with it.

hjp.

HSC
oh, ok.
i'm gonna stick to my 900-1000 word thing,
1500 is too much for me

Louise030046

HSC
*Baby-K* said:
oh my god i've got about 5-10. thats crazy! haha what sort of mark are you aiming for?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
-may-cat- said:
wtf, i never even count the techniques in mine, if it sounds good to me i just go with it.
Ditto. The essay isnt about the techniques used by Shakespeare and other composerers, the essays about the concept of journeys and how journeys can be represented in texts to examplify the concept.

Genshin

HSC
I wrote 900 words for all 3 of my essays in trials and got A, A, B.

why do you need to write 1500 words?

HSC
Louise030046 said:
O_O
i'm royally fucked!! lolololol!!

wait........ 3 techniques per paragraph.......
yep, still screwed T_T

dolbinau

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
I always always told techniques are only there to drive your thesis and are way of proving what you're stating about Journeys or Harwood or BNW/BR.. etc

Yes I have no idea how you can talk about 30 techniques in detail.

*Baby-K*

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:

There should be 2 techniques per quote to back up the quote, the quote only gets 1/2 a mark

I have 30 techniques overall, but probably 25 different techniques all together

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
dolbinau said:
Yes I have no idea how you can talk about 30 techniques in detail.
Me either.
I mean, I have a good paragraph designated to the use of vague stage direction and setting.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I guess if she's got the quality and the quantity, then its all good.

I'm aiming around for 1200-1300 words all up for Section III.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)