Oscar 2005 Thread (1 Viewer)

SharkBait

HSC
i dunno y but i thought this yr's oscars looked really old...as in, when shown on tv, i nearly mistakened it for the 70s oscars.....
a few things i liked....ben stiller and his suit, i normally dun like him but that nite he was funny. meryl streep and that lily woman...such good actresses and meryl looked incredible.
also, when jennifer garner nearly fell......god, i was SO SCARED for her. but she managed to get ova it with grace......i luved that "i do my own stunts".
quite frankly, me glad that crash won best picture....i reckn brokeback is overrated. besides.....actors from crash were sooo much betta in terms of acting!!

anyone wanna challenge me?? or agree?

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Actors better in terms of acting eh? Fancy that!

You'll find that a fair few people disagree with you on Crash. Just read one of the crash threads. Hiphophooray's is pretty much one extended 1 star review.

payafee

HSC
icecreamdisco said:
she was nominated for a gg.
ah yes, for match point. i can't wait til that comes out here.

i just watched it again.. Jake Gyllenhaal is so cute :p

icecreamdisco

HSC
in the sense that it was merely 'really good' instead of a masterpiece, then yes... but it's still one of allen's better films and i was generally satisfied with it. it grows on me in my mind everytime i think about it.

off to see a history of violence now. whee.

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Benny_ said:
I thought you liked it?

But yes, you have to quit expecting the best films to win best picture, that's just not the oscars. This year it was actually more disappointing for me that it won best original screenplay, because the screenplay was truly terrible.
I liked it, but it definitely didn't deserve Best Picture.

Some_Guy

HSC
I just watched Crash yesterday. That movie is so dam cliched it felt like i had watched it about 10 times before, how the hell did it win best picture?? and whoever did the music for it should quit their job now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)