PE Teaching at Newie Uni (1 Viewer)

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
s_kisses said:
not ALL of us are arrogant.
you're right, apologies.. there are some really nice people out there doing PE teaching... yes they are a minority, but they're there!

s_kisses

HSC
PrincessSJ i see in ur sig ur also doing teaching... as a minority teachers are caring people dare i say esp. pe students because of the nature of what they study. i dont think anyone doing my course is arrogant they genuinely want to be there learning about teaching kids how to be healthy and active etc, ppl dont realise how important it actually is..
and to anyone thinking of studying anything to do with pe or teaching, go 4 it!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
s_kisses said:
PrincessSJ i see in ur sig ur also doing teaching... as a minority teachers are caring people dare i say esp. pe students because of the nature of what they study. i dont think anyone doing my course is arrogant they genuinely want to be there learning about teaching kids how to be healthy and active etc, ppl dont realise how important it actually is..
There's arrogant bludgers in every course. Teaching is no exception to this rule because of its relatively low UAI requirement.

rific

HSC
Arrogance is really all that bad, and if you're going to be a teacher you have to have the confidence to believe that your students will benefit from what you are doing, if a little arrogance is what it takes for someone to have that confidence, go for it, live it up. And while we all joke about bludgers, if the job gets done in the end, who cares about the effort you put into the process?

I don't think the PE's are any different to any other teaching group, it's just that someone mentioned them. Next time we'll all be laughing at the primary teachers and how little work they really do.

s_kisses

HSC
jumb said:
There's arrogant bludgers in every course. Teaching is no exception to this rule because of its relatively low UAI requirement.
some teaching courses require uai's of high 80s low 90s if my memory serves me correctly... but yeah, definitely arrogant bludgers in every course, that's their choice..

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
s_kisses said:
you're right s_kisses, we've all worked really hard to get to teaching... it just seems that some people (and I'm stereotyping here on a small sample) choose to bludge once they get there....
but there's arrogant bludgers in every course I know.. I've run into them in primary as well..

@ rific.. we really shouldn't be laughing at any teachers and the little work they do... teaching as a profession is scrutinized enough!

@ jumb.. low UAI requirement? some of us worked fucking hard for 80s and 90s to get into these teaching courses!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
PrincessSJ said:
@ jumb.. low UAI requirement? some of us worked fucking hard for 80s and 90s to get into these teaching courses!
I some how bludged a low 80's mark. Natural skill > hard work.

Also, I'm only going from what I know of other universities, which give out teaching degrees like they're arts degrees.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
jumb said:
Also, I'm only going from what I know of other universities, which give out teaching degrees like they're arts degrees.
and those universities should be shot! becuase newy graduate work fucking hard for their degrees!

like my sister's friends at SCU had to learn to play the recorder for a first year assessment!! like hello?? i had to fucking teach my colleagues!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
PrincessSJ said:
and those universities should be shot! becuase newy graduate work fucking hard for their degrees!

like my sister's friends at SCU had to learn to play the recorder for a first year assessment!! like hello?? i had to fucking teach my colleagues!
I know a girl doing primary teaching in newcastle, for one of her courses she had to learn an instrument.

Also, let's not forget UNCLE is only 3 years. There are some universties with 4 years.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
PrincessSJ said:
Newcastle is four years as well you nong!
It is too. Still, there's something about learning instruments and painting pictures for course work that makes me think you're a bludger.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
I stole 3 pieces of MDF from outside maths. they just had piles of it. it makes a good bedside table

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
evilc said:
I stole 3 pieces of MDF from outside maths. they just had piles of it. it makes a good bedside table
thats awesome

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
This may be an extremely dumb question, but *why* would piles of MDF be laying around outside maths?

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
jumb said:
It is too. Still, there's something about learning instruments and painting pictures for course work that makes me think you're a bludger.
If I could be bothered, I'd yell at you

s_kisses

HSC
PrincessSJ said:
If I could be bothered, I'd yell at you
agreed lol

i give up on trying to convince people that not all of us learning how to become a teacher are bludgers. teachers put a shitload of work into what they do. sure, learning how to play an instrument or paint a picture or whatever may seem bludgey, its the rewards at the end that count - teaching primary kids these sorts of things is rewarding cause its the greatest stage of learning and seeing them achieve these things is kinda cool :)

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
This may be an extremely dumb question, but *why* would piles of MDF be laying around outside maths?
they were refitting the front benches, projector stand things and i guess that the mdf that was so conveniently laying about was from one of the old benches etc.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
s_kisses said:
agreed lol

i give up on trying to convince people that not all of us learning how to become a teacher are bludgers. teachers put a shitload of work into what they do. sure, learning how to play an instrument or paint a picture or whatever may seem bludgey, its the rewards at the end that count - teaching primary kids these sorts of things is rewarding cause its the greatest stage of learning and seeing them achieve these things is kinda cool :)
a big fat ditto to that!

It's so so rewarding when my work kids achieve even the smallest little milestones.. they're so proud of themselves and that makes me proud of them! And thats a good feeling!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
evilc said:
they were refitting the front benches, projector stand things and i guess that the mdf that was so conveniently laying about was from one of the old benches etc.
...so, the uni can afford to replace perfectly ok stands, build new buildings, upgrade websites, etc...but yet we're so completely indebt....strange, strange world.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
...so, the uni can afford to replace perfectly ok stands, build new buildings, upgrade websites, etc...but yet we're so completely indebt....strange, strange world.
ridiculously highly paid academic staff

the end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)