PE Teaching at Newie Uni (1 Viewer)

s_kisses

HSC
PrincessSJ said:
a big fat ditto to that!

It's so so rewarding when my work kids achieve even the smallest little milestones.. they're so proud of themselves and that makes me proud of them! And thats a good feeling!
exactly! atm we're teaching primary school kids pe, when they learn a new skill properly they get so excited bout it and its so nice to see what you've taught them and what they've achieved :D

i couldnt bare sitting at an office desk all day, i need to be interacting with people no matter what age and seeing the impact that i have on students. learning to be a teacher is awesome!!

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
the sport in schools program s_kisses??

how awesome is that??
but they charge the kids to do it.. so its not as accessible for children from lower socio-economic areas

s_kisses

HSC
yeah so the primary school teachers dont have to do it, they get freaked out by the thought of teaching pe cause they don't cover it in their uni courses so thats where we come in, its great experience. we do it as an 'introduction' to teaching pe. soon we start pracs at secondary schools, teaching actual health and pd theory etc. can u imagine doing sex ed ha!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
PrincessSJ said:
If I could be bothered, I'd yell at you
I think it's ironic that your rebuttal to my comment that you're all lazy bludgers, is you being too lazy to answer.

PrincessSJ said:
ridiculously highly paid academic staff
One tutor told us he got paid $80 for the hour.

rific

HSC
PrincessSJ said:
@ rific.. we really shouldn't be laughing at any teachers and the little work they do... teaching as a profession is scrutinized enough!
Yeah, but I was marking at the time, and didn't feel like typing out a more 'professional' response.

"and the little work they do" - too funny.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
jumb said:
I think it's ironic that your rebuttal to my comment that you're all lazy bludgers, is you being too lazy to answer.

hmm maybe becuase i'm busy STUDYING???

jenni_k

HSC
s_kisses said:
PrincessSJ i see in ur sig ur also doing teaching... as a minority teachers are caring people dare i say esp. pe students because of the nature of what they study. i dont think anyone doing my course is arrogant they genuinely want to be there learning about teaching kids how to be healthy and active etc, ppl dont realise how important it actually is..
and to anyone thinking of studying anything to do with pe or teaching, go 4 it!

thats exactly y i want 2 be a PE teacher...its all about helping kids develop into the best peoplethey can be.

all this stuff about them all being arrogant is a bit off putting but all the PE teachers i know, even the ones who only can outta newie uni last yr r great people and great teachers.

jenni_k

HSC
jumb said:
There's arrogant bludgers in every course. Teaching is no exception to this rule because of its relatively low UAI requirement.
mate, PE teaching requires a UAI of 81.60, and i dunno about u, but from where i come from, thats not so relativlely low...im aiming for an 85 so im asured a spot.

i can asure u that i am not a bludger and that ill work my arse off to get the mark i deserve so i can become a fantastic and ispire the kids i teach (just as my PE teachers have done).

so dont say that 81.6 is a "relatively low UAI requirement", cos obviously we arnt all blessed with ur superior intellect and therefore have 2 work damn hard 2 where we want to get 2.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
jenni_k said:
mate, PE teaching requires a UAI of 81.60, and i dunno about u, but from where i come from, thats not so relativlely low...im aiming for an 85 so im asured a spot.

i can asure u that i am not a bludger and that ill work my arse off to get the mark i deserve so i can become a fantastic and ispire the kids i teach (just as my PE teachers have done).

so dont say that 81.6 is a "relatively low UAI requirement", cos obviously we arnt all blessed with ur superior intellect and therefore have 2 work damn hard 2 where we want to get 2.
I'm just used to all the high mark courses. I've always thought 80's were a low uai. My course is below that and I still think it's easy to get into. Mainly because I hardly worked at all during the HSC and got into the course I wanted.

rific

HSC
jenni_k said:
thats exactly y i want 2 be a PE teacher...its all about helping kids develop into the best peoplethey can be.

all this stuff about them all being arrogant is a bit off putting but all the PE teachers i know, even the ones who only can outta newie uni last yr r great people and great teachers.
If you think teaching is for you, fantastic, sign up, you'll know for sure after your first prac, and we really do need more teachers entering the profession. You really shouldn't be listening to anything anyone says, apart from me that is, most people here are getting a little tired from all the exams and study they're supposed to be doing, so you can safely disregard just about everything that has been said, especially about the arrogance - I reckon most new teachers are too busy to be arrogant, and saying that, most teachers I've met genuinely want to help the students, which can be a difficult position for the truly arrogant. Don't be put off, if you want to teach, teach.

@ Jumb, many people do consider 80's as low, I can only assume it's a social mechanism to forget everything about the decade of the same name, but considering the numbers of students that apply for courses and the amount that actually get in, 80's are fairly reasonable.

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
jumb said:
I'm just used to all the high mark courses. I've always thought 80's were a low uai. My course is below that and I still think it's easy to get into. Mainly because I hardly worked at all during the HSC and got into the course I wanted.
i would have repeated if id have gotten 80

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i dont think that 80 is low... in my school only about 10 people out of 300 got over 80

yes my school was crap.

s_kisses

HSC
jenni_k said:

jenni ur perfect for teaching then, go for it :D
ppl dont realise how much of an impact some pe teachers have on students.. its the whole reason i chose to study at uni. i care about all aspects of my health and want to transfer it to kids so they grow up happy healthy and in control.

artemis122

HSC
hours = we do around 14 or so depending on the week
we get to do sports and stuff which are fun
education stuff however is crap
but pe side is really good
overall it is a good course and is not too hard

jenni_k

HSC
is it true they do cavader work?
my teacher told me and i wasnt sure if he was jookeing or not

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)