• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Physics Or Biology? (1 Viewer)

micuzzo

HSC
@OP: space in physics isnt what you think... in yr 11 it is quite boring but yr12 space is cool... you dont really learn about the universe, for things like forces and projectile motion... astrophysics doesnt seem to be very spacey either... more like the instruments needed to understand space...<---not to sure at this one though

fallingstar

HSC
they're both intresting subjects. bio is way easier to grasp, but the content is much bigger. i enjoyed the space part of physics in yr 11, learning about star lifes and solar flares etc.. but if you're not into that sortof thing, then probs don't choose physics.

also, in physics there are heaps of formulas to use as well, which is annoying.

having a sub-standard teacher is mega-frustrating.

i agree with everyone else, the course content gets heaps more interesting in the hsc year.

lou071

HSC
N/A
Right now, I'm a toss up Between Physics and Biology.
Now, Physics apparently goes with Chemistry a lot better, but Biology has a little bit more interest towards the degree I'm going for (Medicine, Medical Science etc).
Plus, our Physics teacher hasn't taught the HSC for four years, and she's quite incompetent at keeping our class from being quiet, let alone actually teaching us anything.
Also, she has chosen the elective Astrophysics, which I really have a disliking for space. I can take some of it, but having to do that as an elective would probably kill me in some sense :p.

Also, would I be allowed to change to Biology three days into year eleven? the classes are on the same line and all that, so I'm not sure if there would be any problems.

Do any of you have a preference to which course is the most interesting?

Thanks heaps.
if i were you, i would do biology. coz it has a little bit more interest towards medicine or medical science. and biology scales a bit less than physics but still good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)