physics q (1 Viewer)

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
Why is it C? i thought it would be B because we have both weight force and air resistance. The q doesn't mention that air resistance is negligible.Screenshot 2024-03-16 162130.png

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
yep that's exactly what I was thinking, you can't forget about the hydrogen particles too

sometimes it may increase drag and resistance forces on the ball
Not forgetting the dipole moments of each atom that likely will lead to transient changes in the balls velocity whilst being exposed to intramolecular forces from the nitrogen and hydrogen. In the chance of rain, we need to also factor Oxygen and its kinetic energy changes when the droplets displace onto the surface of the ball. Also denote any electromagnetic waves as they can change the direction of the initial and impact vector in the proj motion of the ball as it is thrown.

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
ok think about it this way, weather is not constant is it right? in physics we need to consider different environments that our object is situated in

what if its hailing? obviously hail fragments would cause the object to centrifugally disorient itself by spinning it on an skewed axis, particularly in the xy plane

does that make sense?
Yeah i understabd what youre tryijf to say but would that mean we ignore it?? becaude the answer is =mg

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
Not forgetting the dipole moments of each atom that likely will lead to transient changes in the balls velocity whilst being exposed to intramolecular forces from the nitrogen and hydrogen. In the chance of rain, we need to also factor Oxygen and its kinetic energy changes when the droplets displace onto the surface of the ball. Also denote any electromagnetic waves as they can change the direction of the initial and impact vector in the proj motion of the ball as it is thrown.
WHAT EVEN IS THIS I HAVENT EVEN LEARNT OF THAT

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Yeah i understabd what youre tryijf to say but would that mean we ignore it?? becaude the answer is =mg
No thats the point of the question. You need to factor in probability/chance of rain and simultaneously integrate changes in temperature experienced by infrared rays. Using Euler's constant, you need to then derive your velocity of your acceleration using your suvat equations. The final step is then to use differentials to generate your 5 solutions for mg. Once you've done this, you test each solution by using the weirstrass substitution.

Charlie Lu

HSC
yeah ignore the advice that @Aeonium gave, it's garbage

only listen to me, I got a b6
99.90 atar student here: I agree with @Average Boreduser's solution. @Aeonium is likely tricking you in order to gain rank. Not considering air pressure and intermolecular and intramolecular forces from atoms in the air can be fatal in terms of marks. be diligent as this is what differentiates you from the rest of the cohorts.

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
99.90 atar student here: I agree with @Average Boreduser's solution. @Aeonium is likely tricking you in order to gain rank. Not considering air pressure and intermolecular and intramolecular forces from atoms in the air can be fatal in terms of marks. be diligent as this is what differentiates you from the rest of the cohorts.
Took my first prelim assessment to realise this guys ! 😞😭 dont be like me. factor in inter and intra molecular forces in your calcs!!!!

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
damnn what did you score?
73% ranking 34/37 in the cohort. Lost my marks because I didn't factor velocity of uv rays and gamma radiation dispersion into my suvat equation of a guy swimming from bank a to bank b at an angle of 34* from north.

brocolights

HSC
73% ranking 34/37 in the cohort. Lost my marks because I didn't factor velocity of uv rays and gamma radiation dispersion into my suvat equation of a guy swimming from bank a to bank b at an angle of 34* from north.
your so real for this

Charlie Lu

HSC
very unfortunate but at least you realised this before your internal assessments. I was not as lucky, sacrificing my first one when I forgot to factor in bouyancy of water in a 5km radius which may have affected the forces acted on a merry go ride 10 km south of the bank. I also did not consider chance of rain and its added effect on the boayancy which may have rendered the temperature of the puddle next to the merry go to be 0.02*C higher. these calculations severly scewed my resultant velocity of the circular motion.

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
don't teach them laplace equations pls otherwise they'll be unstoppable 😒 if they learn second order diff eqns it's over for us

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)