Picking 3 Sciences, good idea? Or no? (1 Viewer)

astroman

HSC
advanced is crucial, srs, don't do standard it will ruin ur life, jk

HSC
Nah, wouldn't cope man with Adv English, but I'm really interested in English though. I'm probably picking 2 Science subjects and Agriculture if I make it into Hurlstone Agriculture High School.

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you guys for your replies! It really means a lot. The thing is, I just got my head into the studying habit. I nearly broke down the other day because I couldnt do a Math exam which I studied my shit off for. So I'm kind of worried that it will happen again with these 3 subjects.
I love Chemistry, I passed ALL of my exam on Chemistry topic for year 10. I love it, even I watch Breaking Bad haha. As for Physics, I want to do it so I can become an Engineer in the army. Whereas, Biology I'm having second thoughts. There's no other subjects I want to do. If I drop Biology in year 12, I will only have 9 Units left.

I'm doing Ext 1 Math btw, and Standard English. By all means doing 3 Sciences, is there any advice you guys offer me? (Please don't say, if you love it, you will do well GAHAHA). Should I buy the notes on this website? I need advice on managing time each week. I feel like blowing my brains out knowing for a fact, that my mother wants to enrol me into tutoring for Chemistry and Physics. Will my social life be gone? Will I wear myself out doing these 3 Sciences?
Physics and chemistry isn't as hard as they make it out to be in year 11, since you are just learning a few basic concepts and revising on junior years; it's arguable that english becomes harder than both chemistry and physics since they introduce AOS, mod a, b and c which forces students to delve into different perspectives of a text. - in saying that, if you can - study english advance.
If you break down in a maths exams EVEN after studying your butt off, I highly recommend you to reconsider taking maths extension 1. Year 10 mathematics 5.3 course is only basic 2U work and isn't remotely close to the syllabus you study in extension 1 mathematics and if you struggle in year 10, I don't think you will have a good time in year 11.
Your social life wont be gone. Balancing tutor, good grades and a social life is a challenge but it IS necessary to have all three. If you over-do yourself on tutoring, your social life will be gone and so will your good grades; so you will wear yourself out. The same goes for if you over-do a social life.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Nah, wouldn't cope man with Adv English, but I'm really interested in English though. I'm probably picking 2 Science subjects and Agriculture if I make it into Hurlstone Agriculture High School.

I would say Advanced/Standard are of similar 'hardness'. I mean they share 40% (Area of Study) of the same course.

Plus Advanced aligns a lot better....

You can always drop to Standard... if you find Advanced to difficult

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I would say Advanced/Standard are of similar 'hardness'. I mean they share 40% (Area of Study) of the same course.

Plus Advanced aligns a lot better....

You can always drop to Standard... if you find Advanced to difficult
Do Advanced

saif1788

HSC
Getting a band 6 in Standard English is almost impossible. It seems like it is easier to get a good HSC mark in Advanced English compared to Standard English. Go Advanced :)

UHS Education
www.uhsinternational.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)