• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Pill/Implanon/IUD (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
PBS is the government's pharmaceutical benefits scheme which makes some types of prescription medicines available at government-subsidised price for anyone who has a medicare card. they are normally drugs which the government considers as essential or at least require regular use (e.g. asthma and cancer treatments, cholesterol tablets etc). there is more information about it here pbs.gov.au - Consumer - About the PBS plus you can get access to a list of all the medications which are eligible for the concession.

As far as I know, the pill is not actually part of the PBS and the people who refer to discounts are actually getting the generic versions. for example, im on yasmin and i pay $55.95 for 3 months but i never ask for the generic brand. friends of mine are on the generic brand of (i think) juliet and they only pay $23.80 for 3 months.

As for your question in the other thread, i went on Yasmin for my skin and I have never had any spotting, nor have I noticed any hugely detrimental side effects. I have put on minimal and manageable weight, and I get headaches when I take the sugar pills, that's about it.

Pills are on the PBS its just ones like Yasmin aren't. I am on a generic but the normal one is also on the PBS. I get headaches when I am on the sugar pills too

magchem07 - I am on Levlen ED which is the generic of Microgynon 30ED

These are the pills that are on PBS - http://www.pbs.gov.au/html/consumer/search/results?atc-code=G03A&publication=

Last edited:

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
Not really. They aren't discussing that aspect. They are discussing which ones are part of the PBS.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i have a copper iud.

it was painful but i punched cones until the pain receeded, then every month my period is heavier and slightly more painful, but honestly, 10 years of very nearly perfect protection without hormones or remembering to take something everyday, awesome.

dont get it if you're weaksauce though, because it hurts for the first few weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)